This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CAGE RAGE - The Nicolas Cage Film Review Podcast

GeoGeo
edited February 2012 in Everything Else
Hello all, and welcome to the official FRC Forum thread for this newly created podcast; the brainchild of both myself and Ryan Dorn (better known to you all as Li_Akahi). Very simply, this podcast deals with us (and possibly a guest host) doing nothing more than reviewing the movies that stars Nicolas Cage (regardless of whether or not it is a leading role or supporting role). Such discussions will include the audacity of the Cage's hairpiece in each movie, talking about his performance (and whatever (if any) Cage Rages are present), and also generally making witty commentary (if possible) about the film itself. This is all primarily meant in good fun. There are, however, a few provisos that must be followed...

1: We will not talk about movies that the Cage has provided a voiceover for (such as The Ant Bully or Astro Boy). We will only deal with the cage in the flesh.

2: If anyone wishes to be a guest on the podcast (all are welcome), you must watch the movie of your choice at least 2 days before recording so it can remain fresh in your mind.

3: This is not meant to be a srs bsns podcast, this is all meant in good fun and nothing more.

Here is a list of movies we'll tackle at some point. Note that some episodes have already been reserved for other guests.

Valley Girls
Rumble Fish
Racing with the Moon
The Cotton Club
Birdy
The Boy in Blue
Peggy Sue Got Married
Raising Arizona
Moonstruck
Vampire’s Kiss
Tempo di uccidere (Time to Kill)
Fire Birds
Nicolas Cage is Wild At Heart
Zandalee
Honeymoon in Vegas
Deadfall
Red Rock West
Guarding Tess
Trapped in Paradise
Kiss of Death
Leaving Las Vegas
The Rock
Con Air
Face/Off
City of Angels
(Cage) Snake Eyes
8mm
Bringing Out the Dead
Gone in Sixty Seconds
The Family Man
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
Christmas Carol: The Movie
Windtalkers (aka AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
Adaptation.
Sonny
Matchstick Man
National Treasure
Lord of War
NOT THE BEES!!! AGGHHHH!!! THEY’RE IN MY EYES!!! WARGLE BARGLE BARGLE (x10)!!!!
Ghost Rider
Werewolf Women of the S.S. in Grindhouse
Next
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Bangkok Dangerous
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans – Special Guest: WindUpBird
Kick-Ass
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice - Season 0, Episode 1
Season of the Witch
Drive Angry in 3D – Special Guest: Churba
Trespass
Seeking justice
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

I look forward to hearing what you all think and (hopefully) have some of you on as guests!
Post edited by Geo on

Comments

• I call "Ghost Rider" or "Gone in 60 Seconds".
  • edited February 2012
    I am down for it depending on schedule. Geo, if you can remember the film you recommended for me from the GeekChat I will call that one.

Edit: I think it was Adaptation. if I am remembering right.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Dibs on The Rock.
  • Dibs on the Wicker Man!

...wait a minute...
  • This is a pretty good idea, and I approve heartily! I may well be up for appearing on one of the more cagier offerings.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    Dibs on the Wicker Man!

...wait a minute...
    Cheater!
    This is a pretty good idea, and I approve heartily! I may well be up for appearing on one of the more cagier offerings.
    Absolutely! Any one in particular?
    Dibs on The Rock.
    Done.
    I call "Ghost Rider" or "Gone in 60 Seconds".
    Which one is more enticing to you?
    I am down for it depending on schedule. Geo, if you can remember the film you recommended for me from the GeekChat I will call that one.

Edit: I think it was Adaptation. if I am remembering right.
    Yeah it was Adaptation. You're on the list.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I'll take Deadfall.
  • Kiss of Death. My god, Ving Rhames, Sam Jackson, David Caruso and THE CAGE.

So weird. I vividly remember the part of the trailer where THE CAGE is bench pressing a sexy lady but I'm sure I've never seen this flick.
  • Vampire's Kiss Cages soooo hard!
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    Kiss of Death. My god, Ving Rhames, Sam Jackson, David Caruso and THE CAGE.

So weird. I vividly remember the part of the trailer where THE CAGE is bench pressing a sexy lady but I'm sure I've never seen this flick.
    I've heard that Kiss of Death is amazing.
    Vampire's Kiss Cages soooo hard!
    It's also a great educational film as well :P

Post edited by Geo on
  • edited February 2012
    Which one is more enticing to you?
    I'll watch the latter again and get back to you.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Looking at that list I came to sad realization that I'm more familiar with Cage through the Internets rather than having seen his movies. I might have not seen any of the movies on the list.
  • I'd be willing to discuss how Nicolas Cage was the only redeeming quality of Kick-Ass sometime.
  • Nicolas Cage is actually my hero. Con Air or National Treasure please!
  • Kiss of Death. My god, Ving Rhames, Sam Jackson, David Caruso and THE CAGE.

I've heard that Kiss of Death is amazing.
    Vampire's Kiss Cages soooo hard!
    It's also a great educational film as well :P

You mean about how it teaches people to file?

• GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    I'd be willing to discuss how every single aspect reedemed every bit of quality of Kick-Ass sometime.
    Edit: I'm just messing with ya, but seriously that'd be an interesting podcast since we're on opposing sides of that debate.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I'll do National Treasure. It'll be ridiculous.
  • I'd be willing to discuss how every single aspect reedemed every bit of quality of Kick-Ass sometime.
    Edit: I'm just messing with ya, but seriously that'd be an interesting podcast since we're opposing sides of that debate.

Oh that is going to be a FUN episode.

I will fight you for it! That is actually, non-ironically one of my favourite movies.
    I will fight you for it! That is actually, non-ironically one of my favourite movies.
    Join the club!

• I'd love to discuss Snake Eyes or Face/Off.
  • I'd love to discuss Snake Eyes or Face/Off.
    I was just about to say that I could be interested of maybe talking about Face/Off. It's a movie that I haven't seen (at least I don't remember seeing it) but it's a movie I have known about for a long time and been thinking about seeing it in the future, but never actually got to it.

In the middle of all these Cage veterans I could bring first time watchers viewpoints on that (or some other film).
  • I figured, since you had both Con Air and National Treasure, you could do CA and I'll do NH. I'm not sure what you'd like to do!
  • This feels relevant.

"We can stop making tumblrs now, this is the best one." -- Daryl Surat.
  • Fair enough, I'll take Con Air.
  • edited February 2012
    I'll love to join you for the latter, if li and Geo would be on board with that. I'm a car guy, how could I not?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Alright, Gone in 60 it is, then.
  • edited February 2012
    I'll take Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant, or Windtalkers.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • I'm not sure I can take any more cage rage after The Year of the Cage by The GREATEST Movie Ever! Podcast. However, this will be interesting. Could I be in on the Con Air episode if I can manage to get a good skype connection or something?