This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CAGE RAGE - The Nicolas Cage Film Review Podcast

Comments

• AmpAmp
    edited February 2012
    I'd love to get in on the New Ghost Rider. That or the Rock.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • edited February 2012
    Also, I am totally down for Deadfall and/or Kick-ass. A quad panel of Geo, Ryan, Sail, and WUB for Kick-ass could be...well...Kick-ass. And Deadfall is just utterly fucking ridiculous; I'm surprised Paul Chapman hasn't covered it.

EDIT: Just noticed that Walker tapped in on Deadfall. Another four-person panel that stands to be awesome. If you're not game for four person panels, just ignore this shit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    It would be an understatement to say that I am surprised by the positive response that this has been getting, not to mention encouraging. However, before we get to any of these potentially exciting episodes; Li and I would like to get accustomed to both recording ourselves with format that we've created for the podcast and working with audio in general. This means we're gonna make a few "guest-less" episodes first just to get our feet wet in podcasting and put some of your requests on hold.

Don't worry though, you've all been added to the following list where we will honor your requests once the time comes to do them.

WUB: Bad Lieutenant, Deadfall, Kick-Ass

Churba: Drive Angry

Sonic: Gone in Sixty Seconds,

canine224: Adaptation.

Walker: Deadfall

VentureJ: National Treasure 1

Luke Burrage: Snake Eyes

Shadoworc1: The Rock

open_sketchbook: Con Air

Sail: Kick-Ass

Banta: Windtalkers, Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant

chaosof99: Con Air

Ampersand: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Rym: TBA
    EDIT: Just noticed that Walker tapped in on Deadfall. Another four-person panel that stands to be awesome. If you're not game for four person panels, just ignore this shit.
    4+ person panels don't bother me in concept, we just have to get proficient in getting/dealing with four people on the same recording audio stream.

Post edited by Geo on
  • 4+ person panels don't bother me in concept, we just have to get proficient in getting/dealing with four people on the same recording audio stream.
    Ask Sonic. He will have advice regarding this.

• Do you have a render of the Test Episode you can upload, Matt?
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    Do you have a render of the Test Episode you can upload, Matt?
    I'd have to edit it over the weekend, which I will do...to the best of my ability. However, I wonder how long you'll listen before shutting it off because of how bad it is?

Post edited by Geo on
    I'd have to edit it over the weekend, which I will do indeed...to the best of my abilities. However, I wonder how long you'll listen before shutting it off because of how bad it is?

Hey, have some confidence dude! Besides, it's a test episode for a reason; you can't expect it to be perfect. I'm asking to get a feel for the format more than anything else.

I'd have to edit it over the weekend, which I will do indeed...to the best of my abilities. However, I wonder how long you'll listen before shutting it off because of how bad it is?

Hey, have some confidence dude! Besides, it's a test episode for a reason; you can't expect it to be perfect. I'm asking to get a feel for the format more than anything else.

It's not necessarily a question of quality, that purely comes from a technical point of view. We used Pamela Call Recorder for Skype to record the call and it only recorded 15 minutes at a tie. Because the developers are money-sucking assholes, they charge 32 bucks for a version that doesn't have a time limit. Also torrents for this don't exist :(

• We use a programme called Skype Call Recorder. Never let us down, well aside from the lost episode on Rossi, but that was mainly our fault. It is free and doesn't have a time limit.
  • We could release the test episode, get feedback, and possibly re-record the episode. I really don't want to completely lose it because of the possibility of the episode being the worst thing ever.
  • You could also record each individual's audio at their computer, and then record the call, then sync them all up.
  • The advantage of that method is you have two different tracks. Because we are lazy, we just make do with one.
  • Okay, here's what you do. You enable stereo mix as a recording device and use a USB mic for yourself. Then you multi-track. Also, have everyone record themselves. Is best way for beginner.
  • We use a programme called Skype Call Recorder. Never let us down, well aside from the lost episode on Rossi, but that was mainly our fault. It is free and doesn't have a time limit.
    I also use Call Recorder, and use it as a backup when on a podcast being recorded by someone else. I've had to use that backup three times now, the last time just last Friday.

On Friday the other guy was using Pamela.

That said, how about restricting your podcasts to 15 minutes anyway?
  • You could also record each individual's audio at their computer, and then record the call, then sync them all up.
    Don't do this. It's a total ball ache. Pay the money for a good and reliable Skype recording program. Almost any amount of money is better than having to synch four tracks of individually recorded audio.

• edited February 2012
    I really like this idea. Something like this should be short and sweet, and shorter is easier for beginning podcasters anyway.

Post edited by Walker on
  • I don't know if it's too late or not, but if I can still participate, I want in.
  • That said, how about restricting your podcasts to 15 minutes anyway?
    I really like this idea. Something like this should be short and sweet, and shorter is easier for beginning podcasters anyway.

I'm not entirely comfortable with this. I think a half-hour is better since we can fit more of what we want to say in a longer yet more manageable time period.

• I also use Call Recorder, and use it as a backup when on a podcast being recorded by someone else. I've had to use that backup three times now, the last time just last Friday.

On Friday the other guy was using Pamela.

I think it would be a good idea to have a backup recording set up regardless of how you decide to do the podcast.
  • edited February 2012
    It would be an understatement to say that I am surprised by the positive response that this has been getting, not to mention encouraging. However, before we get to any of these potentially exciting episodes; Li and I would like to get accustomed to both recording ourselves with format that we've created for the podcast and working with audio in general. This means we're gonna make a few "guest-less" episodes first just to get our feet wet in podcasting and put some of your requests on hold.

Don't worry though, you've all been added to the following list where we will honor your requests once the time comes to do them.

WUB: Bad Lieutenant, Deadfall, Kick-Ass

Churba: Drive Angry

Sonic: Gone in Sixty Seconds,

canine224: Adaptation.

Walker: Deadfall

VentureJ: National Treasure 1

Luke Burrage: Snake Eyes

Shadoworc1: The Rock

open_sketchbook: Con Air

Sail: Kick-Ass

Banta: Windtalkers, Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant

chaosof99: Con Air

Ampersand: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Rym: TBA

KISS OF DEATH ????????????
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I didn't realize that you requested it, I thought you just commented on it.
  • I'd love to do Bangkok Dangerous.
  • I would be interested in doing Face/Off but I will likely need some help. I have a pretty decent microphone but I don't yet know all the secrets of sounding awesome.
  • edited February 2012
    If I was going to do one, I would totally go with Moonstruck. I swear I am not a romcom person, but I can quote that movie by heart. My aunt and a bunch of her Italian American friends love to quote that movie, so it goes to show that something can contain stereotypes and still be accepted and even loved by the group portrayed within.

Also, movie portrays the worst relationship advice, but the characters are funny, so I forgive it a lot.

"Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I'm gonna kick you 'til you're dead! "

I also love anything with the old people. Any old people in that movie are great.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Make the podcast about Gaecolas Cage instead.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    If I was going to do one, I would totally go with Moonstruck. I swear I am not a romcom person, but I can quote that movie by heart. My aunt and a bunch of her Italian American friends love to quote that movie, so it goes to show that something can contain stereotypes and still be accepted and even loved by the group portrayed within.

Also, movie portrays the worst relationship advice, but the characters are funny, so I forgive it a lot.

"Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I'm gonna kick you 'til you're dead! "

I also love anything with the old people. Any old people in that movie are great.
    Would want to do that podcast? I'm a fan of Moonstruck myself and you're welcome on the podcast anytime.
    Make the podcast about Gaecolas Cage instead.
    Google does not recognize
    these words; what are you talking about?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh man, I know I haven't been on the forums in more than a lurking capacity for a while, but I would love to do City of Angels. I spent basically the whole second half of one of my courses last term focusing on Wings of Desire, so I would love to compare and contrast between original and remake. Never mind the Cage. Oh the Cage. image

If no one else claims it, or if the person who does claim it doesn't mind a second guest host, I would also do Season of the Witch.
  • AmpAmp
    edited February 2012
    Bah how could I forget Season of the Witch! A masterful representation of the ravages of the Black Death. It came up in a lecture once and was met with laughter and ridicule.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I can't imagine why.

(Seriously, though, I do have some rather extensive thoughts on that movie. Probably more than it might deserve, positive or negative, but whatevs.)
  • AmpAmp
    edited February 2012
    It "covers" a couple of interesting historical matters just rather badly. It goes with what people think happened as opposed to what actually happend.

Edit; well as much as we can infer as opposed to this abstract version.
    Post edited by Amp on