This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sanctuary on Amazon

edited May 2007 in Manga/Comics
Some listener just e-mailed me saying he had Sanctuary ordered on Amazon. As of right this second, I see that Amazon only has 3 copies of volume 1 in stock.
www.amazon.com/Sanctuary-1-Sho-Fumimura/dp/0929279972/ref=pd_bbs_5/102-7257081-8557766

Comments

• I wonder if they are re-releasing them?
  • I wonder if they are re-releasing them?

No they aren't, I would know.
  • I picked up Vol. 1 off Amazon months ago, back then it said they only had two copies left so I'm guessing they have some sort of stock of them.
  • Volume 2. One copy left as of right now.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0929279999/104-9247180-8846330
  • edited May 2007
    7 of Vol. 3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1569310424/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_all/103-3052771-8590204?ie=UTF8&coliid=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=

And if you count used copies on amazon there are 29 of Vol. 1 total, and 19 of Vol. 2 total.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • This book does not have the greatest binding. I highly recommend you buy new copies whenever possible. Otherwise, you might find yourself with a bunch of pages not attached to the cover.
  • Just ordered 2 and 3. When I bought Vol.1 they only had that one available. I'll have to keep checking to see which ones they have in stock...
  • I've seen the whole set on ebay going for about £25 which isn't bad given the fact that its sanctuary.
  • I've seen the whole set on ebay going for about £25 which isn't bad given the fact that its sanctuary.
    That's pretty damn good considering we bought the whole thing new at retail price.
  • I managed to get the whole set one or two volumes at a time on half.com. I found the prices on half.com to be much lower than amazon's marketplace or on ebay. No bidding or anything.

I certainly didn't put the whole thing together for 25 pounds, but most of the issues (especially 1-5) were usually from $3 to $5 in pretty great condition.
  • edited July 2007
    There is an auction on Ebay for Sanctuary. It has all nine volumes and is stated to be new. The buy it now is going for $115.85 shipped. Just search for "RYOICHI IKEGAMI" I would be buying this auction if I had seen it a couple week ago. Currently, I have been ordering the volumes seperately. 
    Post edited by mkg12 on
  • This book does not have the greatest binding. I highly recommend you buy new copies whenever possible. Otherwise, you might find yourself with a bunch of pages not attached to the cover.

I had the same problem the first time I bought it. I actually took it back and got new copies. Now I use tweezers to turn pages and keep them in a humidor.
  • Last weekend I managed to find volumes 4, 6 and 8 at Japan Center for a bargain - £1 only! I remembered how dearly it was recommended so I couldn't resist buying them, despite dents and loose pages. The bargain volumes were a kick start for me to read this manga. It's unlike anything I've read before but it's very well written and surprisingly intriguing!

I'm now trying to chase down the rest of the books and I've had good luck in finding all except volume 7. Are there any other online marketplaces or such which I could look in except for Amazon and Ebay?