This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Master Keaton

RymRym
edited September 2007 in Anime
Now that I have a nice little portable DVD player, I've been burning through Master Keaton.  I must say, I'm rather enjoying it.

Comments

• Well, what do you expect it is from Naoki Urasawa. :P
  • Oh, I'd just never gotten around to watching it.  I've wanted to see this show for about as long as I've known it existed.
  • That is the problem when there is so many good thing out there and yet there is so little time :(
    That is why I am not waiting for 20th Century Boys, but I am waiting for Pluto.
  • Apparently at my university's anime club, Master Keaton has been brought to 84 consecutive club meetings and has yet to make it past the first round of voting.
  • Apparently at my university's anime club, Master Keaton has been brought to 84 consecutive club meetings and has yet to make it past the first round of voting.

I feel sad for your university anime club now :(
  • I picked up the first two DVDs of Keaton at Katsucon pretty cheap, and I have to say that this show is pretty awesome. From the way Rym and Scott originally described it I was expecting the show to be a lot more like the first episode with Keaton being all badass action/adventure hero. But I think that I'm much happier it didn't. The first episode was showing you how badass he was, and then (at least so far through the first 10 episodes) the rest seem to be about other people realizing the awesome and badassness of Master Keaton.
  • Good news everyone. I haven't checked this out yet but news has come out that there is more in the works.

http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=15554

"The sequel caries the title Master Keaton Re-Master" and the author credit referred to: art Takashi Nagasaki / Naoki Urasawa. The story takes place twenty years after the original series and Keaton is still acting as something of a detective."

Not the original author (Looking him up he died in 2004.) but this is a guy who has worked on 20th Century boys, Monster and Pluto and he is the co-author of Billy Bat.
  • Ohmygosh Urasawa Ohmygosh.
    Naoki Urasawa is a perfect choice for this. Though, didn't he work on the first series too?
    Naoki Urasawa is a perfect choice for this. Though, didn't he work on the first series too?
    Yes, it's his series.

• edited March 2012
    Yeah, that's what I thought! Shaded just said that he wasn't the original author with such conviction that I assumed my memory was faulty. Master Keaton is textbook Urasawa.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • But is he master of his own domain?