This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kickstarter

Comments

• If you've got a solid business plan to make $10 or $20 on each one of these pledges after manufacturing, shipping, etc., then by all means you are doing the right thing. Hopefully you get the feedback you are looking for so you can offer up the right type of reward.
  • I posted this in the pony thread, but I think it better fits in here.
    So my actress for Applejack, Kira Buckland, is trying to start a one day MLP convention here in SoCal called Equestria LA. It needs funding, so she's started a Kickstarter for it!

This was an idea we kicked around about a month ago, so it's nice to see it moving along. I'll be donating $100 to it and I'll likely do a panel as well.
  • edited February 2012
    VivaJava: The Coffee game has added Brewples as a reward. I think I may take them up on that offer.

Edit: I just noticed that the $60 pledge of game with expansion doesn't include the Coffee To Go tote bag and tumbler unless I added $20 to it. Poop.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited February 2012
    There is a new website taking beta invites: Offbeatr, for funding "adult" projects.

I will watch, because I love train wrecks. So.... so many jokes. It's killing me. They're all so bad, and they're all fighting to be made. The door is jammed.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • There is a new website taking beta invites: Offbeatr, for funding "adult" projects.

I will watch, because I love train wrecks.
    Add fundme to the list of potential train wrecks as well.

• Another awesome kickstarter this time it involves a ton of American and Japanese Music Nubuwo (Nubuooo) Debut Bundle.
  • Quadrupedal shot of Kickstarters all with a Philly twist to them.

Cipher Prime is trying to make a new music based game called Auditorium 2.

Who doesn't want more dinosaurs in their card games? Velociraptor! Cannibalism!.

The Game Design Forum is also trying to deconstruct classic video games so we can learn WHY they are classic. Reverse Design: Chrono Trigger.

Finally I meet this guy and he was cool, trying to get some funding to help print his card game Day of the Dead.
  • The Game Design Forum is also trying to deconstruct classic video games so we can learn WHY they are classic. Reverse Design: Chrono Trigger.
    Just read the Final Fantasy VI one and I can't help but feel it was pretty lackluster. Framing it as a deconstruction seems incorrect to me... it's really just an editorial... I think.
  • If the reverse design takes "hundreds of hours", why do they only want $500 total?
  • If the reverse design takes "hundreds of hours", why do they only want $500 total?
    It could the the method of having a low goal so you are almost guaranteed to hit it and then all the additional income used to cover the actual costs. I've seen a few movies do the same tactic.
  • I can file this under learning something new everyday. The IGDA has its own kickstarter page.
  • KICKSTART THIS SHIT FOR SCIENCE:

ALL THE KICKING
  • I've been meaning to get into that series for a while now. Might as well start with the Kickstarter.

Link for those who are lazy: Atomic Robo Last Stop.

Those are some cool rewards, but I'm totally happy with just the $35 DVD package.
    Here, take my moneys.
    Here, take my moneys.
    Link? Flash disabled at work, can't view video plugin.

• edited March 2012
    KICKSTART THIS SHIT FOR SCIENCE:
    Here, take my moneys.
    I did in my post above.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Just launched a Kickstarter for an iOS game I'm working on with Caldwell Tanner of College Humor/Loldwell.com
  • You should have asked Rym and Scott to help you make the video.
  • Probably should have, but I wanted to get the project up while Double Fine's was still up, and I'm currently on a plane to SF for GDC and so I wouldn't have been able to do it this week either.
    Here, take my moneys.
    I did in my post above.
    Ah whoops. I was so lazy I didn't even read your post.

• Technically not a kickstarter, but it is donation worthy enough to place here.

• Technically not a kickstarter, but it is donation worthy enough to place here.
    Did Hodgman send you?
    Did Hodgman send you?
    Nope a librarian on twitter.

• I guess this is the spiritual successor to Mechaton.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/JoshuaACNewman/mobile-frame-zero-rapid-attack?ref=live
    That is actually really, really cool. However I do not have the proper legos and do not need to be kickstarting much else.
  • I'm going to kick MFZero, AR: Last Stop, and Tim Schaffer's new game, provided I have enough dough to do all three. That's a pretty good list, I think.
  • Everyone in NYC should check this out, it looks AWESOME:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/855802805/lowline-an-underground-park-on-nycs-lower-east-sid?ref=spotlight
    A pretty cool concept, I just hope they account for the extra ventilation needed to counteract bum fog.

• So for those who got the Womanthology Kickstarter comic book, did you receive your copy yet? I haven't. I'm a sad panda because I know they said they are taking longer than expected, but I see people with their copies and I begin to worry that I didn't give them my address. I'm 99% sure I did though.