This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kickstarter

Comments

• Go to the page for the kickstarter, then scroll down to your reward level (It'll say "You selected" there). There should be a link that says "your response" where you can fill it out if you haven't or see what you put if you did.
  • Funny enough, I received my copy of Womanthology today. Yay! Now to think of a clever pic for their photo contest. I think using one or two of my cats for my pic.
  • My friends started a kickstarter for their Audiobook and Light Novel. If you like shoujo stories about high school kids with supernatural powers, check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1691550192/tokyo-demons-book-2
  • Interesting. I've seen Rem's stuff before when she did Rising Stars of Manga before Tokyopop folded. I'm not sure this sort of young adult novel is really my cup of tea, but kudos to them for trying to do something they love.
  • Wasteland 2 is Kicking. It's already met the bar and surpassed $1mil. If you wanted Fallout 3 to actually be an Third-Person RPG like the originals, this is your chance to get that.
  • Wasteland 2 is Kicking. It's already met the bar and surpassed $1mil. If you wanted Fallout 3 to actually be an Third-Person RPG like the originals, this is your chance to get that.
    I wanted Fallout 3 to be an FPS, where do I go for that?

• I am not discussing anything remotely related to the following with you tonight:

-FPSs
    -Keyboard and Mouse vs. Controller
    -Quality
    -"Baby Games"
    -RPGs or Adventure Games
    -Fun

Nothing personal, but I have lots of work to do tonight and I cannot afford a Scott Argument. ~_^
    Already added my pledge. The video alone is worth pledging for.
  • I want to Kickstart this, Velociraptor! Cannibalism!, just for the raptors and the narration.
  • Relatively local one for me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/951947596/the-8-bit-bar-st-louiss-geek-bar
    I think I'd actually kick in a serious amount for something like that. Like $500 or something.
    I can hook you up with some mods that will blow your mind.
    Do tell.

Also, Scott, try Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Aiming is like Counterstrike, recoil/movement/headshots matter, and there aren't skills deeply tied to it like in Fallout 3. ;^)

I think I'd actually kick in a serious amount for something like that. Like $500 or something.
    I would too if it was local, although I doubt it would do well in my area.
  • If you like a card game with awesome arts, get on this before it closes. Day of the Dead.

I would too if it was local, although I doubt it would do well in my area.
    See my problem is I'd want to invest in something like this the old fashioned way, buying a stake and getting a cut of the profits.

All this kickstarter stuff is bullshit for things that actually make money, you get no ROI.

Hell.

• edited March 2012
    All this kickstarter stuff is bullshit for things that actually make money, you get no ROI.
    That's why I pretty much only invest in actual products. Everything else is charity.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on

$68k seems a little low, unless they already own a building in a decent location.

$68k seems a little low, unless they already own a building in a decent location.
    It does indeed. They say that it's only to cover some of the expenses. It doesn't say anything about rent/utilities/staff. It sounds like all of this money is going towards assets that add value to the actual property, thus giving them more collateral towards getting a real loan or something.

I'm going to wait till after PAX to figure out what I'm donating. Whether it's the token $5 or something more will depend slightly on how I feel about it then. I "want" to throw money at them, but I really can't.
  • Man, ever since the Mana Bar opened their second premises, these sorts of bars have been springing up like weeds.
  • All this kickstarter stuff is bullshit for things that actually make money, you get no ROI.
    That's why I pretty much only invest in actual products. Everything else is charity.
    Yeah, but I will say that $500 "free drink with every visit" reward could pay off if the place actually succeeds.

• All this kickstarter stuff is bullshit for things that actually make money, you get no ROI.
    Yeah, but I will say that $500 "free drink with every visit" reward could pay off if the place actually succeeds.
    That's at least 100 visits.
    That's at least 100 visits.
    You underestimate our alcoholism.

• Level 99 Whisky Wizard barchievement.
  • Level 99 Whisky Wizard barchievement.
    Someone needs to create a RPG around drinking at that bar, or others like it, and have the bar support it. It could be interesting, and if not at least you are drinking.
  • The barchievements thing at the linked place above specify that you choose a class and earn points towards special discounts and such. So a [classname] gets [drink category] at a discount once they hit a certain threshold.

Its a win-win for everyone involved.
  • I've got a week left on my Kickstarter, and only about $850 short at the moment. But now we have the design for the t-shirt, and it's awesome.
    Do tell.
    Well, unfortunately, the mod I used to make Fallout New Vegas awesome has no FO3 version, but I'll post it anyway.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40040

This is Project Nevada. It allows you to customize your experience to be pretty much anything you want. You can entirely remove skill influence on damage, dynamically adjust the damage reduction of armour, headshot bonuses, change the way you interact with items, turn off parts of the game you don't like, make enemies harder. It adds sprinting, lets you turn off VATS, and adds a dynamic crosshair. If somebody can point me towards a FO3 version, that'd be awesome.

So, for you, you'd turn off damage influence, reduce your own health, increase your own movement speed, make those headshots real lethal, turn off VATS, and get rid of as much RPG stuff as you want. Bam, classy shooter gameplay.

Another player who is garbage at shooters could turn on the bullettime, ramp up the RPG elements, and up everybody's health, and make a real RPG out of it.

For me, I turned all the damages up, all the healths (for myself and enemies) to pretty much nothing, drastically reduced armour effects, and then I went and poked around a little more myself with the mod tools, making the spawn and awareness ranges of critters gigantic, leading to the sort of gameplay I like; simulation shooter fights of bouncing from cover to cover and fighting at 100m+.