This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So Who Has A Tumblr?

edited November 2011 in Everything Else
At first I thought it was like livejournal for hipsters or something when it first started. Then I found some cool artist on there who gave up Deviant Art for that. I started one, abandoned it, then started a new one to supplement my webcomic. I like it, but the fact that you can't change your primary blog really sucks. I have a love hate relationship with reblogging. There are whole blogs that nothing but that, but I do love sharing things.

Comments

• Tumblr seems pretty cool, but I don't fully understand it. I don't get the whole long list of people liking it or sharing posts. I don't think it's necessary to see that sort of stuff. I've seen many cool things on it, but since my work blocks it I really don't pay attention to it. Stupid work. If it's something that I really want to look at, I'll check it out on my phone or at home.

• I don't understand why Tumblr is some special thing. It's just a blog engine just like WordPress or Blogger or any of the others. For some reason people put it in a different category.
  • I don't understand why Tumblr is some special thing. It's just a blog engine just like WordPress or Blogger or any of the others. For some reason people put it in a different category.
    Basically it's like those things, but just easier to use.

I moved my blog onto Tumblr recently, and it really just works how I need it to.

I moved my blog onto Tumblr recently, and it really just works how I need it to.

I think it also has to do with the overall look of Tumblr. There themes to start out with have more youthful design.
  • I find it funny that Viga's tumblr is blocked, but Kiey's is not. I'm pretty sure it's because Kiey's doesn't have the .tumblr address.

I laugh at the people in our IT security department.
    I think it has something to do with how tumblr has elements stolen from twitter and other such places, like reblogging and liking someones post. It makes tumblr feel more like a social media site rather than just a blog engine.

That's my non-professional opinion, based on observation.
  • I started a tumblr just to keep notes to myself, but then I found the person who draws for Adventure Time and now I'm hooked. natezilla I think is her name definitly worth checking her out

That's hot shit. I'd been trying to decide between WordPress and something like Tumblr (Posterous was in the running for a while, but the fact that you can hack it by forging headers is bullshit), and I think you've just swayed me.

• I have one, but I haven't posted to it yet.
  • I have one, but I haven't posted to it yet either. I will once I stop having so much delicious home cooked food.
  • I use Tumblr less as a blog and more as an excuse to archive every funny image I find online.

http://highlyunprobable.tumblr.com
  • I moved my blog over to Tumblr (from TextPattern), and it's really easy to use. I still need to make a theme for it, though.

keats.me
  • Well, I have one that I never update, but My friend Poh's tumblr is pretty decent.
  • I have one. Photos of Comedy Jugglers Taken From Above:
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/comedyjugglersfromabove
  • I have one that is supposed to be a sister site to my blog, but I really just post silly stuff I find on the internet: http://adventuresofalostboy.tumblr.com/
  • My blog, Vagabond Bio, is going live late tonight or tomorrow morning. Content for the next month will be focused on my Eurail trip and various stuff about travelling, but there'll be other neat things to read as I continue to play with it. Give me a follow if the description on there interests you!
  • Scott! It works like twitter, has almost only reddit-y type photos with infinite scrolling-
    I like it.
    And mine:
    http://colbyblogger.tumblr.com
  • I use Tumblr less as a blog and more as an excuse to archive every funny image I find online.

http://highlyunprobable.tumblr.com
    ditto
  • And we already know about mine.
    Have you considered the possibility that the common denominator is not the forum, but you?
  • And we already know about mine.
    Have you considered the possibility that the common denominator is not the forum, but you?
  • edited March 2012
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • You have a good Tumblr, Colby.
  • Sorry to double post, but the Squirtle blogs I've found on Tumblr have been pathetic, so I started my own. You know you want to.
  • Sorry to double post, but the Squirtle blogs I've found on Tumblr have been pathetic, so I started my own. You know you want to.
    Aaaaannnnndddddd... followed.

I'm thinking of starting a Disney Afternoon tumblr.
  • When I was watching Avatar: the Last Airbender, I was thinking of making a meme tumblr for it like how they make all the pony memes. There are a few memes that exist out there, but not enough high quality ones you would see on My Little Brony.
  • Li, are you aware of the Darkwing Duck comic reboot?
  • Li, are you aware of the Darkwing Duck comic reboot?
    I am very aware of it, but I haven't really read any of it yet. I flipped through one of the trades recently and I'll definitely pick them up as well as the trades to DuckTales, Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers, and the Muppet Show (which I have actually sat down and read a little bit of).