This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Universal Panacea

edited March 2012 in Anime
http://www.process.org/discept/2011/11/17/draco-death-to-the-virus/

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'm excited though. Even if this is too good to be true, it is fascinating research and I'm excited to read more developments. I'll also be second in line to be genetically engineered to produce my own DRACO.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Damnit, this is blocked on our internet at work. I had to pull it on my phone.

It looks interesting but I agree that even if it is too good to be true it is fascinating and I hope the research continues to the point where it gets humans trials. Even if this does not pan out it sounds like it could be a step into the right direction for future research. I also hope they can find more funding as that seems to be the biggest constraint they have right now.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited March 2012
    It won't work in the human body in it's current form; the protein is too large, it'll provoke an immune reaction. It got featured on This Week in Virology and they talked about the various issues with it.

Speaking of, I am so desperate for podcasts that I listen to This Week in Virology. Help me.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited March 2012
    Yes, and the Norman Century podcast. Multiple times. When I wake up in the morning, I start playing podcasts. I do not stop until I go to sleep. I am subscribed to 35 podcasts in itunes.
  • edited March 2012
    Yes, and the Norman Century podcast. Multiple times. When I wake up in the morning, I start playing podcasts. I do not stop until I go to sleep. I am subscribed to 35 podcasts in itunes.
    I think you need less podcasts, not more. You could also pirate some audiobooks. Not as good as reading, but not bad.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yes, and the Norman Century podcast. Multiple times. When I wake up in the morning, I start playing podcasts. I do not stop until I go to sleep. I am subscribed to 35 podcasts in itunes.
    I think you need less podcasts, not more. You could also pirate some audiobooks. Not as good as reading, but not bad.
    Seriously. What the fuck do you do that you can fill your ears with nothing but podcasts all day? I have to, like, listen to people. And talk to them. And stuff like that.

Also, fuck you for making This Week in Virology your podcast of desperation. It's virology! You should be really fucking excited for it! Viruses are cool!

Bacteria are better, though. You should subscribe to a microbiology podcast.
  • I also listen to This Week in Microbiology and Parasitism.

I'm a college art student and I do about six to ten hours of digital drawing or painting a day.
  • Oh. I guess that explains it.

Carry on.
  • edited March 2012
    Also, the medical podcasts aren't really podcasts of desperation, just really useful because they are long and so far out of my expertise that they become really good background noise when I'm working. What I can understand is interesting, but they frequently move too far out of my knowledge base. I guess I'm learning though!
  • Yes, and the Norman Century podcast. Multiple times. When I wake up in the morning, I start playing podcasts. I do not stop until I go to sleep. I am subscribed to 35 podcasts in itunes.
    Actually you don't. You're just hearing voices.

• No, the voices come after I'm asleep.
  • >Universal Panacea
    >Scott topic
    >Actually a systemically useless antiviral
    >ishouldknowbetter.jpg
  • Universal Panacakea
  • Universal Panacakea
    Now that's a cure I can get behind.
  • Roll it up, eat it sub style.
  • Roll it up, eat it sub style.
    Fucking yeah, son.

Hey, how's this - We have a combination bar and 24 hour pancake house conveniently located in my city. This is more proof we are the master race.
  • Fucking yeah, son.

Hey, how's this - We have a combination bar and 24 hour pancake house conveniently located in my city. This is more proof we are the master race.
    By chance do they have vegan pancakes? If they do I know somewhere I will be visiting if I ever get to visit Australia.
  • edited March 2012
    Fucking yeah, son.

By chance do they have vegan pancakes? If they do I know somewhere I will be visiting if I ever get to visit Australia.
    Maaaaybe? I don't usually check for food being vegan friendly, considering, but I'll find out next time I'm nearby. Which really shouldn't be too long, considering how popular it is within my friend group.

Post edited by Churba on