This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

April fools 2012

edited April 2012 in Anime
It has begun.

Adblock is now full of cats. It is beautiful.

Comments

• The Order of the Stick forum has become Ponyland, and all the posters have been assigned a Pony based either randomly or by number of posts - I'm not sure. I'm a Twilight Sparkle In The Playground. There are a few other minor changes, such as the tiny banner that usually reads "having fun with games" says "horsing around with games", the normal emblem with two footprints is replaced with two horseshoe prints, and so on.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by usrName on
  • I guess I put this here even though it is already in the Thing of the Day thread.

• edited April 2012
    For those who watched it back when it was on the air, Toonami is airing instead of Adult Swim right now, complete with Steve Blum voicing new segments as TOM. The lineup is right out of the late 90s/early 00s, as well.

Post edited by Tesla on
  • See everyone in 24 hours.
  • I like Reddit's thing. Basically, they created several /r/circlejerk subreddits set in different time periods. Here's my favorite.
    http://www.reddit.com/t/2112/
  • edited April 2012

Adult Swim, you guys suck. You know EXACTLY what we want, you dangle it in front of our noses, but the proverbial carrot is made of plastic. Bastards.

EDIT: AdBlock has gone evil. It's replacing all ads with cats.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, they're ether going to be heralded as saints when this all turns out to be a backdoor pilot for a 90's are all that like block or devils when they air shitty 2 cent cartoon #34 next Saturday.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • A lot of the jokes coming out of Reddit's timeline gag are actually legitimately funny, it's pretty good so far.
  • A lot of the jokes coming out of Reddit's timeline gag are actually legitimately funny, it's pretty good so far.
    Yeah, I was surprised when I saw trogdor42 post about it here but some of them were validly amusing. Glad it turned out much better than my last trip to Reddit, that gave me nightmares.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • This has got to be the first time I have actually grabbed a remote and changed the TV channel to something I actually wanted to watch. To bad Toonami won't last :-P
  • XKCD's tomfoolery is the best, so far. This thing also gave me a chuckle.
  • I like Reddit's thing. Basically, they created several /r/circlejerk subreddits set in different time periods. Here's my favorite.
    http://www.reddit.com/t/2112/
    The problem I have is that they are too general. The entire 19th century gets filed under "1800s"; in /t/1960s they're talking about how good Hard Days Night is while Paul plugs their "new album" Sgt. Pepper in his AMA and someone else posts pics from the show on the roof of Apple; someone posted the pic of Gump with JFK saying "DAE see this guy last night?" while someone else breaks the news from Texas. My history hurts.
  • Don't call it an interface.

Call it an inter-FACE.
    http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/eyewear
  • edited April 2012
    deadmau5 is electro house and progressive house, not dubstep. -_-
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • The ignorance of the masses.
  • edited April 2012
    We just did the most professional update ever.

Red Alert 3 Paradox
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • You know, I was JUST looking at the geocities archives...
  • I would pay more than zero dollars to watch this show:

• The guy who did BEN.wmv came back with a... slightly less scary video.

• edited March 2013
    April Fool's 2013: Google maps. Streetview is particularly good.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • I'm pretty amused by DeviantHEART, the dating site for DeviantArtists.
  • I don't want horrible things to happen, but I know that in the future of humanity there is almost guaranteed to be at least one more horrible occurrence. If we can't prevent that thing from happening, please at least let it happen on April Fool's day so that we can get rid of all this nonsense since people will feel bad.
  • You are no fun.
    Sure most of April Fool's jokes are bad, but every year there are good ones that actually manage to amuse me.