This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Phoenix is back! Amazon has volumes 1 and 7 in stock.

edited August 2007 in Manga/Comics
It must be a reprint. Even Amazon has it in stock. For those that have been keeping tabs on  Phoenix by Tezuka, you know that Volumes 1,3 and 7 have been near impossible to find because they have been OOP. Currently, Amazon and a number of sellers have these volumes in stock. Well, go buy them up now.

Comments

• I ordered volume one a while ago, and they sent me volume two. I didn't have volume two, so I kept it, but I've got to reorder one. I've also ordered volume three, but it won't be shipped until October. :(
  • Where did you order volume 3 from? Amazon? Waiting until October is a while. A third party seller has volume 3 in stock, but used-like new. I am guessing they are probably going to have volume 3 in stock soon, just like 1 and 7.
  • 1,3, and 7 are very hard to find, I heard from this on the FKFG forums and I am looking for those volumes in my comic/ manga store :D There is a theory that it must be because of the release of The Phoenix DVD.
  • edited August 2007
    1,3, and 7 are very hard to find, I heard from this on the FKFG forums and I am looking for those volumes in my comic/ manga store :D There is a theory that it must be because of the release of The Phoenix DVD.

What? Volumes 1 and 3 have been out of print. That is why they are hard to find. Volume 7 on the other hand has only been out for around a year and I guess they didn't print enough. It is not because of the DVD release of the 2004 Phoenix anime. They were hard to find way before that was announced. Like I said Amazon has volumes 1 and 7 in stock, so it's not hard to find anymore.
    If the theory is in relation to why these volumes are in stock now, then your statement hurts my head.
    Post edited by mkg12 on
  • I should  have said that there were hard to find, and I really hope this continues and it is not only a small stock, it looks like  those specific volumes are the ones that are being re-printed ( We will see if they are the old ones or re-printed if they have either the signature or editor's choice on the cover ) .
    Anyhow even if your head hurts I am happy to read news about Phoenix :P
  • They may keep the editor's choice classification on the older volumes. The easiest way to check is to look for the printing date.