This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2012

Comments

• Awwww... No Connecticon for me and Laura...
  • Awwwww...laaaaame. :(
  • Gonna be there since its my local con.
  • Awwww... No Connecticon for me and Laura...
    Maannnn... I just lost two of my most competent staff. ;^)
  • I am by no means a replacement for Laura, but I am ready to work for you!
  • My Kung Fu panel has been submitted.
  • My interesting on the con has really started to peak. What would be the cheapest way to travel to the Connecticon area?
  • My interesting on the con has really started to peak. What would be the cheapest way to travel to the Connecticon area?
    Hitchhike.

Hitchhike.

Steal a car. Steal or forge bus/train tickets/
  • The cheapest non-insane way to get to Hartford is probably by car. There's no significant public transportation, last I checked, and I don't think any of the cheap bus lines go through it.
  • The cheapest non-insane way to get to Hartford is probably by car. There's no significant public transportation, last I checked, and I don't think any of the cheap bus lines go through it.
    It has all major forms of transportation except boat. You can Amtrak, bus, or even fly there if you really want to.

Also, really. I go to CTCon every year, and I am staff for it. It's really not worth a lot of money or a long trip. This isn't PAX. If you go through great lengths to get there, you may regret it.
  • Last I had checked, neither Bolt Bus nor Megabus went to Hartford from Boston. I would classify Amtrack as "insane", as it costs as much or more to take Amtrak as it does to fly.
  • Last I had checked, neither Bolt Bus nor Megabus went to Hartford from Boston. I would classify Amtrack as "insane", as it costs as much or more to take Amtrak as it does to fly.
    Greyhound is technically a bus.
    While I'd say it's a lot better than technically, the man does have a point.

Quite.

Really it's car or fuck it.
    Quite.

Really it's car or fuck it.
    Or maybe you'll win the lottery tonight.

Fuck it.

• If I win the lottery tonight (I'm a sucker for stupidly big jackpots), I'm totally buying one of the abandoned Borders near my house and turning it into a GeekSpace.
  • It has gotten stupidly huge over here in Massachusettsland, I'm almost temped to throw away a dollar at it.
  • It has gotten stupidly huge over here in Massachusettsland, I'm almost temped to throw away a dollar at it.
    There was a line almost halfway around my favorite convenience store here in Foxboro.
  • I live in CT and the last time I took a Greyhound bus from Hartford to NYC it was $20.
  • MegaBus has a stop in Hartford, its not Bolt but much better than Greyhound.
  • So fate worked in my favor and I'm going to this and submitting panels!

So, do I just put stuff about me in the biography? The form doesn't need my email or contact info or even name? This is weird.
  • I've been trying to submit a panel and each time I hit the submit button I get a message saying that the badge required field needs to be filled in. THERE IS NO SUCH FIELD!!! Help me, Obi Wan!
  • Yeah, I complained to the people in charge of the site some days ago. I'll keep you posted. It doesn't affect every submission...
  • Next time you see the person that designed this website, could you slap them for me? Been trying to submit panels and it has been a pain in the ass.
  • Next time you see the person that designed this website, could you slap them for me? Been trying to submit panels and it has been a pain in the ass.
    What specifically is causing the ass pain? I will make it known.

• Outside of the link in this forum thread I could not find the page to actually submit panels to you. I can almost guarantee most people not in this forum will have a hard time finding the link as well.

On the bright side, you got my main 2 panels plus 3 beta panels that are almost complete. I can add more if need be.
  • I didn't have any trouble finding the page.
  • I didn't have any trouble finding the page.
    Could be me then, but when I hit on panels and workshops all I got was a schedule with one item on it and no area for me to submit any.
  • edited April 2012
    Huh? Might be able to meet up with The World is Square here since I have been tweeting about it. Need a band to perform there? I have seen them live and they are legit with acoustic guitars, ukalies and bongos with Final Fantasy Music.
    Post edited by Coldguy on