This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

If you could design your own gaming table?

2»

Comments

• Multiple layers of table? A top felt layer for role play and card games with a smooth wooden one or matt for for war games (as in you could reverse it or spin it round). Maybe the option for interchangeable tables for difference scenery.
    Actually, my family's kotatsu table has a reversible top with a felt side and a wood side. Plus, it's a kotatsu. It's nice.
    Why isn't every table a kotatsu?
  • Thank you for extending that branch of knowledge Scott.
    Well, they've often made from the trunk.

Shall we end the run of bad puns?

• You know. We could have an FRC project weekend and build a table.
  • edited April 2012
    Multiple layers of table? A top felt layer for role play and card games with a smooth wooden one or matt for for war games (as in you could reverse it or spin it round). Maybe the option for interchangeable tables for difference scenery.
    Actually, my family's kotatsu table has a reversible top with a felt side and a wood side. Plus, it's a kotatsu. It's nice.
    Why isn't every table a kotatsu?
    Indeed. I have a solid walnut kotatsu & it's awesome. Now I just need to design some low chairs that balance bodyweight properly.

So.. gaming kotatsu?
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • My perfect table has the maps and whatnot underneath removable glass. This way, we can have glass over the top for when we want to use the table for non-gaming purposes, and the glass can come off for gaming. Also, individual dice trays at each seat for people to store and roll their dice (it gets more annoying than you'd imagine to roll dice along a small table that is also holding a map and all the little player pieces). Potentially also some built-in stuff for the DM to use to obscure their information (more than just a DM screen).
  • Thank you for extending that branch of knowledge Scott.
    Well, they've often made from the trunk.
    Shall we end the run of bad puns?
    I feel that would go against the grain of the discussion.
  • I don't know if I can stand Scotts rough bark.