This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2012: Bobcats To The Front Of The Line

edited April 2012 in Conventions
Registration is live.

http://prime.paxsite.com
Post edited by Anthony Heman on

Comments

• edited April 2012
    NUH UH

EDIT: Refresh. YUH HUH
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Aww, too much traffic. The system is down.
  • Still down but awww yeeeahhhh.
  • When the system is not down, I am considering registering to enter the Omeganaut lottery. If I end up not needing the badge, I will give it away all contest-like.
  • When the system is not down, I am considering registering to enter the Omeganaut lottery. If I end up not needing the badge, I will give it away all contest-like.
    Do it.
  • Achievement unlocked: PAX Prime 2012 3-day badge purchased. See you in Seattle!
  • I will also register as a potential Omeganaut. We usually only do one or two lectures/events at Prime anyway, so scheduling certainly wouldn't be an issue were it to come to pass.
  • PAX Prime Omegathon is superior since it is individual contest, and prize is Japan, not Germany.
  • I think they took it down. Says registration coming soon.
  • If you still have the link to the actual registration site/page you should be able to register now. I have lost said link as I was at home when I found it.
  • I'd go this year if FYF Fest wasn't the same weekend.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • AW SHIT PAX.
  • I will also register as a potential Omeganaut. We usually only do one or two lectures/events at Prime anyway, so scheduling certainly wouldn't be an issue were it to come to pass.
    And there are two of you! Surely a spot in the 'thon is worth it to do a panel solo (or, since you know a few weeks ahead of time, make sure one of your friends is familiar with your slides).

I buy a regular pass every year for the Omegathon chance. I wind up keeping the badge until Thursday night before I sell, so then it also serves as backup in case media will call pickup gets fucked up some how. I'm totally registering for PAX Prime even though my chances are awful at actually going this year. If I get a call in mid-August telling me I'm in the Omegathon, you bet your ass I will be buying a plane ticket that instant.
  • Well it froze on submitting payment so I'm not sure what the outcome was.
  • edited April 2012
    PAX Prime Omegathon is superior since it is individual contest, and prize is Japan, not Germany.
    Counterpoint: PAX Prime would not have had the crokinole finale.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • http://bit.ly/Prime2012Reg
    Did you get a confirmation email? They charged my account but I haven't received a confirmation email.
  • I did not see the email, but I did see my confirmation and the charge. Supposedly if you step through the website involved there's some way to "re-send" the confirmation email.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm a poor college student. Does anyone want to share a hotel reservation?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I'm a poor college student. Does anyone want to share a hotel reservation?
    I can do that, already got the room booked and PLENTY of room to split the bill...
  • I can't promise a room to anybody just yet, but if in 3 months someone is looking, I may have space.
  • 04-25-12 Registration Update
    Here's where we're at:
    #1. We tried a new registration vendor this year. It....didn't work out. We are going back to our previous vendor and registration should be set up next week.

#2. For those of you who have successfully registered, we'll shoot you an email next week to confirm your registration.

#3. We're really sorry about this =(.
  • So out of curiosity, any FRC people interested in the Pre-PAX Dinner or Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament? Those are currently my target activities for Thursday night, as well as the post-PAX party Sunday night. These are all events arranged on the PAX forums. If two years of East's versions is any indication, it's a pretty awesome time.
  • edited April 2012
    I definitely don't want to really drink so much on Thursday night, but I am definitely up for Pre-PAX dinner and gaming.

Also, coldguy, save a spot for me!
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Drinking is optional! If hanging out with people who happen to be drinking quite a bit is an acceptable night out for you. My first year, I did complete all the challenges. Never again. Now I go to hang out with people who may or may not remember me on the following nights of PAX and hopefully end up with many stories to tell.
  • That sounds like fun. That is definitely an option I should consider.
  • Woooo! Emailed the previous service they were using for registration and they confirmed my registration.
  • I must wait for the reopening of reg but I'm all over it once they do reopen.
  • Totally gonna be there!