This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20120425 - Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine

RymRym
edited April 2012 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, we preview, based on the first three episodes streaming at FUNimation's site, Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Minen-the-third-fujiko-mine">Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. It's pretty good. In the news, an incident or two from Anime Boston 2012 have been making the rounds with the usual locked thread response, and Tor abandons DRM in a move that shouldn't be as bold as it appears in light of the rest of the publishing industry.

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20120425/lupin-iii-the-woman-called-fujiko-mine/
Post edited by Rym on

Comments

• maailman vihatuin
    suomen rakastetuin
  • edited April 2012
    I'm liking the art style a lot. Waiting for them all to meet now for some green shirt action.

The Anime Boston attendees need to learn to spread out the parties. Get too many in one place and you end up like it was at KSU College fest.

Post edited by Alan on
  • maailman vihatuin
    suomen rakastetuin
    I'm just listening the episode and now I want a looping soundfile of you saying that, endlessly.

• maailman vihatuin
    suomen rakastetuin
    I'm just listening the episode and now I want a looping soundfile of you saying that, endlessly.

I will let you in on one secret. I attempted to pronounce it purposefully poorly. I don't know if that made me more or less accurate. ;^)
  • maailman vihatuin
    suomen rakastetuin

I will let you in on one secret. I attempted to pronounce it purposefully poorly. I don't know if that made me more or less accurate. ;^)
    Well it took me a while to realize what you were talking about mailmen.

• I kinda want to try this Salmiakki stuff, just to see what all the fuss is about.
  • Would this show be a good entry point for someone who's never watched anything Lupin?
  • They said as much in the podcast.
  • edited April 2012
    I kinda want to try this Salmiakki stuff, just to see what all the fuss is about.
    It's basically liquorice and ammonium chloride. The last time I had it, I thought it was vile, but that might have just been because I wasn't prepared for it, among other things.

BRO-TIP - Nine LOVES salty liquorice, and if you want to know a good brand or two, he can probably give you some tips.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Nooo Churba, nooo. It's just ammonium chloride (you know, the stuff you use to get rid of metal oxides when you wanna solder something). Sometimes it's added to liquorice (no such thing as 'red' liquorice you stupid Adurrrikans). Sometimes it's added to different candy. Both times it's delicious imho. And I love Dutch liquorice. I don't restrict myself to just salty liquorice. I restrict it to Dutch liquorice, since that's all I can get.

As for brands, doesn't really matter a whole lot. It's more the kind of liquorice that matters. Do you want something hard and chewy, there's catliquorice. Want something with a bit of honey or mint, get honey liquorice or mint liquorice. Want to eat cold hard coin that's neither cold nor hard? Coin liquorice! Do you want something with salmiak, then get salmiak liquorice. There's too many varieties ranging from soft to hard to tough, sweet, salty, etc. Brands are of less importance.
  • Told you he knows things.
  • The only thing I know is that ammonium chloride fucks up metal oxides, and that good liquorice is like sex for my tongue.
  • The only thing I know is that ammonium chloride fucks up metal oxides, and that good liquorice is like sex for my tongue.
    This is the sort of line that needs to be on a business card.

• edited April 2012
    Salmiakki is the delicious candy. Anyone who doesn't like it is just too weak for its awesomeness.
    Timo got me addicted and now I buy it from Scandinavia house from time to time. Rym's coworker also likes the candy, and he tried to trick everyone at work into eating it, but Rym knew better because I always try to trick people into eating it. He was wise to the licorice trick.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Man, I gotta do some tounge-pushups or something.
  • TRICK?! It's a blessing, not a trick! What is this preposterous suggestion that spreading the awesome that is liquorice is a trick? I boo at that! Boooo!

Scott, your tongue'd better be beating professional arm wrestlers when we meet, 'cause there's some liquorice you need to taste.
  • Scott, your tongue'd better be beating professional arm wrestlers when we meet, 'cause there's some liquorice you need to taste.
    I've been told I'm already a gifted tongue-westler, but your proposal sounds like much more of a challenge.

• Is there someplace I can find Salmiakki in, say, Rochester?
  • Is there someplace I can find Salmiakki in, say, Rochester?
    Yes. On Amazon.com
  • This time in Geeknights out of context:
    Rym: "I still have the Diarrhea Diaries."
    Scott: "You just fill up that bag with all the goodies and then when you get home everyone you brought with you just spread the shit out on the floor and be like 'Aaaaaaawwwww snap.'"