This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• How is it not?
  • Project idea #593: A dictionary of words used by people describing the sound produced by expensive audio equipment. AKA: shitaudiphilessay.com
  • I want to make a variation of Mafia called Hipster. I have no idea what it would entail; I just think the concept of a bunch of villagers accusing one another of being hipster is entertaining.
  • I want to make a variation of Mafia called Hipster. I have no idea what it would entail; I just think the concept of a bunch of villagers accusing one another of being hipster is entertaining.
    I would play this. Every day.

Make it like Paranoia, everyone is a hipster.
  • edited May 2012
    I want to make a variation of Mafia called Hipster. I have no idea what it would entail; I just think the concept of a bunch of villagers accusing one another of being hipster is entertaining.
    Make it like Paranoia, everyone is a hipster.
    Ahahaha, oh man. Protip: If your ruleset isn't like this, you've done it wrong.

I should write rules for a Hipster secret society for Paranoia.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If anyone ever played it it would be too mainstream.
  • I should write rules for a Hipster secret society for Paranoia.
    It's perfect, because no one would ever admit to being in it.
  • I should write rules for a Hipster secret society for Paranoia.
    It's perfect, because no one would ever admit to being in it.
    "Hey guys, I'm going to give everybody two secret societies from this game. I've got two different sets of societies, so you won't get two of the same. The new societies are basically self-explanatory - just run with it."

And then everybody was a hipster.
  • You people must do this, and you people must run this at conventions for complete strangers, and you people must report on this.
  • Hipsters must volunteer to use any experimental devices, in order to stay on the cutting edge of the gadget scene.
  • I'm totally stealing all of these ideas.
  • edited May 2012
    What if everyone is given a secret society that does not use the word hipster in it, but they are also given unique and contrasting descriptions of what a hipster is.

Player 1: Cooper-R-ALC, are you listening to Dubstep??? That's a sign of hipsterdom if I ever saw one!
    Player 2: Reggie-R-DIB, everyone knows hipsters listen exclusively to lo-fi acoustic accordion music. I find it quite suspicious that you would spread such false information!
    Player 3: Guys! I just checked the infared we zapped! His PDC's case looks like a cassette tape!
    Player 2: Clearly a hipster accomplice!
    Player 1: Of course not! Everyone knows hipsters don't put cases over their PDCs!!!

UPDATE: Alright, shit, I have waayyyy too many ideas for this. I'm actually now sort of hoping my design contest for NerdNYC Recess doesn't pan out so I can run this. If it works well, then I'll run it again at Connecticon.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • "These Security Clearance Blue documents are pretty High Clearance. You probably haven't heard of them."
  • I was watching The IT Crowd and saw this:
  • Dinner is going to take three hours today. Damn my poor planning, I'm hungry NOW!
  • Decided to have delicious beef? This is why I chose to eat delicious pork today, only tood 45 minutes (though I stupidly used a bit too much water).
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    I know I'm really late to the game (cause I've been studying for my final exam), but I got in on this Pottermore thing and I only wish something like it existed when I was reading the HP books when they were coming out. I've found that I'm in Slytherin (with Churba and Li_Akahi) and have a wand that is Unicorn Core, 10 Inches, Elm, and Solid (I wish I got Hard but there it is) and chose an awesome Black Cat as a pet.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited May 2012
    I'm in Slytherin (with Churba and Li_Akahi)
    aaaaaand everyone else on these forums.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    I'm in Slytherin (with Churba and Li_Akahi)
    aaaaaand everyone else on these forums.
    Those are the most important people worth mentioning (apologies everyone, but priorities come first).

Post edited by Geo on
  • (I wish I got Hard but there it is)
    ... I'm just gonna leave this here.

• How did I miss that? I'm a teenager, aren't we supposed to have specially powerful innuendo radar?
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2012
    (I wish I got Hard but there it is)
    ... I'm just gonna leave this here.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I was in Pottermore, had a choice of Hufflepuff or Slytherin...I chose Hufflepuff.

Moop?
  • Those are the most important people worth mentioning (apologies everyone, but priorities come first).
    Those are not priorities. Those are hurtful comments. :'(
  • I was in Pottermore, had a choice of Hufflepuff or Slytherin...I chose Hufflepuff.

Moop?
    You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Moop?
    Green's my favorite color, I'm just really nothing like a Slytherin in the slightest.

• I just saw two flies having sex in midair.

Moop?
    Welcome to the Cool Kids Club.

Moop?
    Green's my favorite color, I'm just really nothing like a Slytherin in the slightest.

Wait did you have to choose between green and black? Or am I reading more into this? I had to choose between black and white... was that actually a binary choice between houses?