This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zenkaikon 2012

edited February 2012 in Conventions
In case anyone here wasn't aware of it panel submissions end on the 29th to get top priority. Last year I had a blast there and the Convention center in Oaks (same place as Too Many Games) I think will be a great venue for this year.

So anyone else planning on going? Also anyone interested in an FRC private party at Arnolds? I heard great things about it from other people and since it is literally right next door to the con, might take advantage of that.
Post edited by Coldguy on

Comments

• It's in my easy driving reach, but I'll have to count out Zenkaikon again this year. We're visiting family in Florida the weekend prior, and while I come back on Monday, the wife and kid are staying all week. She's gonna need a break and I'm gonna want to play with the kid, so a con weekend that shall not be. Still making a strong push to get to Too Many Games though!
  • edited February 2012
    Hey, not to mention I'm head of panels for Zenkaikon... Sooooooo if you submit and it's good I'll take a look at it. Note this year is just Friday and Saturday due to scheduling problems.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Hey, not to mention I'm head of panels for Zenkaikon... Sooooooo if you submit and it's good I'll take a look at it. Not this year is just Friday and Saturday due to scheduling problems.
    I never heard of a Friday/Saturday convention before, but that means I can go home and not lose the whole weekend.

• We've done it before, we've done Friday Saturday one year and Saturday Sunday the next... next year will be three days ago... stupid philly area convention centers.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2012
    The question is, do we go Friday and Saturday, or head in Friday evening for Saturday (leaving Sunday morning), or do we day-trip it? If we drive in early Saturday morning, con all day, get dinner after, hang out at ScoJoLaura's, get brunch at the Iron Abbey, and then head home Sunday early, that's not a bad weekend.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I like the Friday Saturday structure if I can get off on Friday. Hopefully I can to maximize enjoyment here, also I gave you a bunch of panels recently to sift through.
  • That weekend will likely be dominated by me moving into wherever I'm living for the summer, but I can try to make it, at least as a day-trip on Saturday.
  • There will be the same awesome assortment of boardgames that was there last time too ^_^
  • There will be the same awesome assortment of boardgames that was there last time too ^_^
    I shall let my various board gaming groups know about this.
  • Saturday night DJ checking in! :D
  • Just got back from a nice 4.5 hour gaming session in tabletop. For some reason the selection feels...lackluster compared to last year. Thankfully I am able to woo people to play quick games from the passers by and make it interesting.
  • We'll be there sometime in the morning tomorrow!
  • edited May 2012
    We'll be there sometime in the morning tomorrow!
    As will I, my panels should end around 11ish so I shall see you in Tabletop. If you want to film and post as creative common as a "friends of geeknight panels" feel free to.

Also SquarePainter is in the vendor hall if you are looking for any new arts.

As for the con the hall is selling beer so that alone is a plus, the video game section does have a one player only DDR machine and some imported iPad games. Tabletop be rocking as I managed to get a 7 player Tsuro game going on and able to woo in passers by really easily.

Will bring Parsleys, Innovation and expansion, Jungle Speed, and Phoenicia on Saturday.
  • edited May 2012
    note, Tabletop is in the dealers room and closes at 6... HOWEVER secret table top opens soon after..

Chuck who ran table top only brought a small amount since the space was limited but he brought a good limited selection (plus I didn't bring any of my games to donate like last yer)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited May 2012
    All in all I got 11.5 hours of board gaming in over the two days. No complaints, you have to take what you can get and managed to get a mix of short medium and long games in as well as teaching some to people as well.

@rym Here was the dune I was talking about

• Damn son!