This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

edited June 2012 in Conventions
Yes I know its a while out, but...Pre-reg just went live.

Let the Countdown begin.
Post edited by Coldguy on

Comments

• Just a little ways out.
  • Just signed up, and I might volunteer if they need people.
  • Just signed up, and I might volunteer if they need people.
    They are always in need of people, however unlike last year I know who is running the panels this year so hopefully I can present there :D
  • I will definitely will be going :D
  • I really can't just throw down for a third convention a year just yet... but know this: MAGfest is in my thoughts. My dreams. My heart.
  • I really can't just throw down for a third convention a year just yet... but know this: MAGfest is in my thoughts. My dreams. My heart.
    2013 man, conventions this year don't count.
  • Yeah, that would be three that year. I've already got two PAXen to attend!
  • Honestly I'd do one PAX and a Magfest. Magfest provides some stuff you definitely don't get at PAX east at least.
  • I'm a PA Forumite and somewhat part of a secret collective. I have certain "responsibilities" to attend to.
  • Well good reason then :-p
  • I'm a PA Forumite and somewhat part of a secret collective. I have certain "responsibilities" to attend to.
    Why not have a PA forum meetup at MAGfest? Be like me and bring ALL TEH FRIENDS!

(Seriously I know over 200 people that go to MAGfest).
  • Honestly I'd do one PAX and a Magfest. Magfest provides some stuff you definitely don't get at PAX east at least.
    Very different vibes at the two. MAGfast is a lot more easy-going than PAX - which is to be expected from a 24-hour con. Also, MAGfest = drunkfest, because why not?

• I got pretty drunk at our first magfest.
  • Magfest was damn amazing, and it made me look forward to the rest of the year. The only thing I regretted was not spending enough time with Geeknights people. I spent a tiny bit of time with the FRCF group, but I should have spent more. Did get my share by spending lots of time with AwesomeSauce Viga and Coldguy
    Why not have a PA forum meetup at MAGfest? Be like me and bring ALL TEH FRIENDS!

This is great idea... dunno how likely it is.

This is great idea... dunno how likely it is.

It took me 2 years to "drag" over a 100, its not that bad, just show them video footage and know which friends will spread the word.

• I bought myself a Nerf Jolt Mini Blaster, which reminded me how freakin' fun NERF guns are, just shooting the little sucker.

I might buy a second...and a big 36 pack of whistler darts, and strap up for the next Nerf War.
  • Last year;s Nerf war was organized by myself, @Marzgurlprod, and @Magfestparties without any preparation. This year we can plan...I see giant nerf fight on the pirate ship.
  • edited June 2012
    HAHAHA! Someone reminded that Christians hate MAGfest.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • "A relentless gauntlet of video games, rock music and rape."

I must've been going to the wrong panels, cus I didn't see any rock music.
  • edited June 2012
    They play rock covers of evil rhythms from an old game called Megaman. This game is of particular interest as it is especially dark. It’s about a man named Doctor Light. As any astute reader of christwire would know the devil can appear as a benevolent being of light. In the game he creates living robot people — playing God, if you will — bringing forth offspring without the aid of a woman’s womb as God intended.
    Post edited by George Patches on

...You never saw the GIANT concert hall with over 15 bands on the main stage and the 20 or so on the side stages. Really?
  • edited June 2012
    There's one true line
    It’s 4 days and 3 nights of wall to wall drunkenness...
    This shit can't be real. This has to be line a Steven Colbert style christian site. It's just too over the top.
    Post edited by George Patches on

...You never saw the GIANT concert hall with over 15 bands on the main stage and the 20 or so on the side stages. Really?
    Joke

Head
  • There's one true line
    It’s 4 days and 3 nights of wall to wall drunkenness...
    This shit can't be real. This has to be line a Steven Colbert style christian site. It's just too over the top.
    You weren't able to tell instantly. Maybe I had the edge that I've seen christwire articles before, but even so no one should take something that over the top seriously.

• You weren't able to tell instantly. Maybe I had the edge that I've seen christwire articles before, but even so no one should take something that over the top seriously.
    Rym's assertion.

If any thing cannot be differentiated by intelligent people from parody thereof, said thing is stupid.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
    I know. And I'm sad every time that is proven to be more and more true.