This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ideas for someone else to make

edited June 2012 in Everything Else
Quite often on this forum people (like me) will have an idea for a small art, and someone else, with actual skill/talent/time, will execute on that idea. Take for example Jacksnyan 5. This thread is to post ideas for things for other people to make.

I came up with this one when I was at Rymily's apt earlier tonight. Didn't do a show because I was out late getting an expensive free dinner. Can't blame me. $50+ filet mignon au poivre for free.

Here's the idea. It will work well as a comic or short film/animation.

There is a fancy gala of rich people in a mansion of some kind. Focus on a guy that is clearly Bruce Wayne/Batman. Then maybe a TV or radio in the room announces some crime that is happening. Or maybe someone in a conversation checks the news on their phone and mentions some kind of crime. The Bruce Wayne equivalent character excuses himself with some lame excuse, like checking his laundry. He opens a door into another room. It's that stereotypical mansion side room that is dark, empty, long table, suits of armor and tapestries. He sneaks over to a secret passageway maybe behind a clock or an armor. Goes down a pole/elevator/stairs of some kind. Then he's in what is clearly a batcave. Maybe he even walks past a giant penny, a batmobile, and a fancy computer. Then the punchline, it's the basement and he's actually checking the laundry. Alternatively you could have him go up to what looks like the back of the batmobile, but the jet/turbine is actually the tumbler of the washing machine. This joke can also work with some other chore besides laundry, but is probably best with something a person would do in a basement.
Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• I like the idea of this thread. I don't have anything, but yeah, good idea.
  • Scott, what was it you usually say about ideas being worthless?
  • Scott, what was it you usually say about ideas being worthless?
    Yeah, that's why I just paste them for free in this worthless forum thread.
  • Okay, just making sure you're aware that stuff in this thread is exponentially less likely to occur than even the Shit-Talk of Your Day thread.
  • This thread is oddly self referential. It's a thread for people to put ideas for other people to do in...and the thread purpose, is that Scott had the idea for the thread, and wants other people to put their ideas for other people to do in it.
  • edited June 2012
    An idea I had a few months ago.
    You know those cliche stick figure decals of family members you see the back of cars?

Well I want one for my car, but instead it will be Meeples from Carcassonne. Blue for Jeremy, green for me, and 3 cat shaped ones. They will be tile pieces instead making a castle with the cats on the farm and in the castle.

That would be awesome.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I think somebody should make a thread for ideas that other people should do.
  • I think somebody should make a thread for ideas that other people should do.
    Already done.
  • oh damn
  • I have an idea to build a Viking meadhall. Quick, someone else get on it.
  • Give me plans, I'll get on it. Sure, accessibility for you might be a problem, but you never said it had to be local.
  • edited June 2012
    I always had the idea for an indie game. Probably for the phone. I don't know the first thing about making games.

It starts in this cute kawaii style of a baby planet eater and his papa tells him to go out and eat to become strong an big. Then the art shifts into style similar to Russian propaganda posters and it represents the planet seeing this horrible doom coming to them and how they must stop it.

The gameplay is this cute baby planet eater trying to eat the planet and the planets fights back with nukes, bombs, spaceships and lasers. Each more planet has a different art style and is more advanced thus better weapons and difficulty.

Between each level is a piece of the story that is told like a mom telling her child a tale from a story book.

I could do the art and design end, but I need some game making friends.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Indie game that, once opened, believes it will die if closed or idled for too long.
  • I really like this thread. Could someone please send me some ideas for me to post here for someone else to make?
  • Friendly Artificial General Intelligence.
  • I really like this thread. Could someone please send me some ideas for me to post here for someone else to make?
    I'm working on getting someone to make a thread for that!

• A dog that can fly a plane.
  • A dog that can fly a plane.
    It's been done.
  • Open source creative software.
  • I've always wanted to see someone with influence release a true open-source album. Freely downloadable stems for all the songs, sheet music and tabs for all the instrument parts, and a detailed list of the equipment and effects used.
  • @Viga
    Your idea is for champions. I would tots try and make that, even though I'm not the best at everything.
  • @Viga
    Your idea is for champions. I would tots try and make that, even though I'm not the best at everything.
    Is tots like totes? If so, I'm officially too old to chat anywhere online any more.
  • @Viga
    Is tots like totes? If so, I'm officially too old to chat anywhere online any more.
    I'm gonna go with it being a typo.
  • @Viga
    I'm gonna go with it being a typo.
    I didn't realize it had to be spelled "totes." I'm gonna chalk this up to me using lingo that I am way too "uncool" to use.

• Yeah, if you don't add an e you get no points. Go sit in the corner of shame while us cool people keep being cool.
  • I'm pretty sure you eat 'tots'. They're usually made from taters.
  • For shame!
    *hides*
  • Holy fucking shit you kids. It's two more letters. "Totally" versus "totes."

That's it. I'ma start saying "that's so 2000-late" at inappropriate times until I've properly shamed you into using ACTUAL GODDAMN WORDS.
  • edited June 2012
    Not to mention that "totally" is already an overused word - though that may be why people are trying to shorten it.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Not to mention that "totally" is already an overused word - though that may be why people are trying to shorten int.
    Yeah, totes.