This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Isotropic (Dominion)

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Epic game was epic.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/13/game-20120613-140345-e7727733.html

Also, Scheme/Remodel is superior to Scheme/Sea Hag. Especially when Haven is present. Observe.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201206/13/game-20120613-141804-9d604020.html
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • For some reason I've been getting crushed these past few days. was level 7. Now level 3. Will probably be 2 soon.
  • It ebbs and flows. Losing 4 to a skid is bad, though. Turn it around, you!
  • Wow, I suck at this game.

Time for a montage.
  • So, apparently Dominion is being made for G+ Hangouts? I am going to be all up in that business.
  • So, apparently Dominion is being made for G+ Hangouts? I am going to be all up in that business.
    HO LEE SHIT.
  • Beta signups at dominion.goko.com
  • Oh shit. It's on. DPM! DPT!

Sign both myself and Jeremy up.
  • EPT!
  • EPT!
    you're pregnant?
  • Signed up. Here is to never getting in!
  • Here is to getting an invite to the Beta instead of someone who actually knows the game getting one. :3c
  • edited June 2012
    I will say without reservation that in 2 player Dominon, I'm the best player on this forum. If someone wishes to challenge this, best of 7 should we ever meet.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited June 2012
    http://councilroom.com/player?player=amoeba+amoeba
    I have a stronger record than you, assuming you're "Dromaro". If that is you, it's on. However, even starting hands.

EDIT: Looking at your "Padalira" account, looks like I still have a better record, even if you have more plays. But our rank is about even, so we should, sometime, if you promise to be a gentleman.
    Edit: tried to start a game w you but you were too busy!
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Whelp. Dromaro beat me 4-2, several tie games won on turns and games lost by 1 point. Definitely fun! Must do rematch.
  • Oh shit. It's on. DPM! DPT!

Signed the fuck up!
  • Thankfully, vaguelyweird reached out to me and we got our best of 7 on!

I raced out to a 3-0 lead and then she rallied and snatched 2 straight but I downed her to finish the match 4-2. Well played!

Might I also add, she seems like an awesome person. =D
  • I have reversed the suckitude and have slowly increased my record to .500, at 25-25.

The G+ Hangout version of Dominion looks VERY cool.
  • I have reversed the suckitude and have slowly increased my record to .500, at 25-25.

The G+ Hangout version of Dominion looks VERY cool.
    So few games played! I'm at 344-422-20
  • One of the hazards of local game night with people I've never met? No one invites you to game and watching them play and correcting their fuck ups and getting scolded for it.
  • Yeah. This guys is straight up cheating and now he's winning. No wonder he wants me to shut up.
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah. This guys is straight up cheating and now he's winning. No wonder he wants me to shut up.
    I've seen crew people cheat before. I'll call it out once, and then just try to win anyway.

Scott: every time i try to start a game with you, you disappear T_T
  • It boggles my mind that people would even consider cheating. Board games have become such a strong social activity b/c they require players to put an incredible amount of trust in each other. They are trusting you to A) play to win the entire time and B) not cheat. Anyone who violates that trust is a supreme douchebag.
  • If the game system allows it, it's not cheating.
  • Cheating - "Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination:"

I'd say taking actions not allowed by the rules is both dishonest and unfair. I'd say that's cheating.
  • Cheating - "Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination:"

I'd say taking actions not allowed by the rules is both dishonest and unfair. I'd say that's cheating.
    No. When you're talking about games and competitions the definition of cheating is #5. "to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards."

When a word has multiple definitions in the dictionary that doesn't mean all of them apply every time. It means that a different one is used each time.

For example, if I say I beat the game, that doesn't mean I punched a deer with a closed fist.

I'd like to know more about your cheating experience from yesterday. What was this guy actually doing?

I've always defined cheating as violation of rules.

• edited July 2012
    Oh shit. It's on. DPM! DPT!

Signed the fuck up!
    i got an account. i'm vaguelyweird.

edit: tried to play w apreche, he kept quitting
  • My work internets is not allowing such things for me. /sadpanda
  • I got one too but it doesn't seem to want to accept my login.