This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Electric City

edited July 2012 in Anime
Apparently Tom Hanks has a new project that was released today on Yahoo! A series of episodes about a dystopian city. Embedding video has never worked for me, but you can go see it for yourself on the site. So what do you all think? Any good?

http://electriccity.yahoo.com/ep1-en-truth-or-consequences.html

Comments

• It's interesting. I do like the animation style quite a bit. For a first episode it didn't do a whole lot more than tease out larger plot of some sort. Depending on how quickly they deliver new episodes, I may be in.

I'm also concerned that Yahoo has its mitts on this. That may be its undoing. >_<

On the whole, "Worth more attention" in my book.
  • edited July 2012
    The first 10 are up already. The rest will be up over the next few days. The whole story arc is 90 minutes, but it's broken up into (I think) 20 webisodes.

Also, knitting granny illuminati running the whole city. Awesome.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited July 2012
    I was going to watch this, but "This video is not available in your location."
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2012
    I was going to watch this, but "This video is not available in your location."
    Region blocks (and regions in general) are completely useless and outdated; they have no need to exist.

Based on the first episode, I can tell this is something I'm going to like a lot. I'm gonna stick around and see where it heads.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • "This video is not available in your location."
    Borders on the internet. Hurfa-duuurf.
  • Especially since tunneling exists.
    Which isn't that great a solution most of the time in practice.
    Which isn't that great a solution most of the time in practice.
    Yeah, I used to tunnel hulu, but it was an enormous pain in the ass, and it was super slow, it would have been faster to torrent an entire season, rather than watch a single episode. Bear in mind, this was a fair while ago, though.
  • Yeah, it has never seemed worth the effort to me.
  • I haven't done it for a really, really long time, so I just assumed it had gotten better.

It would be nice if someone would put all 90 minutes together and release it for download.
  • I haven't done it for a really, really long time, so I just assumed it had gotten better.

It would be nice if someone would put all 90 minutes together and release it for download.
    It's gotten better... if you are paying for a solution in the US. If you don't, there hasn't been any improvement. It's quite a kick in the teeth, but at least the Bittorrent protocol isn't that concerned about country of origin.