This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Don Rosa's pre Disney work reprinted!

edited July 2012 in Manga/Comics
If you don't know who Don Rosa is listen to the episode on his Eisner Award winning series The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

Before Don started to write and draw Duck comics he did some amazing work for his college newspaper, fanzines and later the local newspaper. The comlete works were collected in 2001 by a norwegian statisics professor and quickly sold out. Now the editor of the german Donald Duck magazine is having a go at reprinting them.

These are amazing stories and each of them has found their way into Duck form at some point in time, however, in these originals Don didn't yet have to adhere to the strict rules set by Disney. So Nazi scientists are go!

Get them while they're hot.

Comments

• GOD DAMMIT. LET ME USE MY FUCKING BANK AND NOT SOME US CRAPSHOOT EXCUSE FOR A MONEY HANDLER.

Time to wait till fall.
  • Y U indiegogo? Can I trust?
  • edited July 2012
    It's no shadier than KickStarter. It's just more focussed on indie projects I think. Which begs the question why that project is up on there.

Now I remember. Kickstarter is effectively US-only, or limited to mostly US-based projects and anything else will have a hard time trying to get in. This project is in Germany, so there you have it.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2012
    Now I remember. Kickstarter is effectively US-only, or limited to mostly US-based projects and anything else will have a hard time trying to get in. This project is in Germany, so there you have it.
    Pretty much. I've had to give up - or at least delay - a damned good project idea, simply because It's very difficult to start a kickstarter when you're outside the US - practically impossible, in fact, unless you bring in a US partner. I could use IndieGoGo, but the amount of projects of that scale successfully funded on other services Vs Kickstarter isn't a terribly appealing figure to look at. They've been promising to fix it from the very beginning, but they never will.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • One time bump because the deadline is one week away. They have already cleared the goal as well as the stretch goal for making the books bigger format.
  • Received the books last week, they are of the high quality and contain many humorous things, would buy again!!!