This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• Beta is out for pre-orderers. You may have to restart steam.
    Restarted and nuthin' :/
    I got it.
  • edited August 2012
    Someone posted this fix on the Steam forums. If it's not showing up like it wasn't for me, make sure Steam is open and copy+paste each of these links into your browser bar and one of them should be able to successfully trigger the CS:GO Beta install.

steam://install/749
    steam://install/730
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow, this game is really beta. Crashy as fuck!
  • Really? Hmm. I'm at 32% and looking forward to it. It is random loading crashes or in-game crashes? I've noticed you restarting the game twice in these past few minutes.
  • Really? Hmm. I'm at 32% and looking forward to it. It is random loading crashes or in-game crashes? I've noticed you restarting the game twice in these past few minutes.
    Lots of in-game crashes. Also lots of connection issues with servers crashing and such. Most times when I rejoin after crash, I notice the server I was just on is no longer listed. Just had a crash on map change. Very fucky.
  • I never had any of those issues in the closed beta two months ago. I bet they're having some issues with the huge load of new players.
  • edited August 2012
    interesting that T/CT skins now are solely dependent on the map. I wonder if that's a perminant thing, or just for the beta....

Haha. For the first time in my life, I knifed a guy. Or almost knifed him, at least.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Hmmm. I didn't have any problems with the beta, besides the occasional server not working/full when it was otherwise fine from the 'view info' screen. I enjoy it a lot, though.
  • EDIT: After over 2 hours of gameplay, I'm also getting lots of in-game crashes, and the only thing I can think of that's an outlier in the last two hours is that both crashes were on a particular DM modded server. Back to Official Dedicated to see if that's the case.
  • This game rules. No crashes here. Didn't realize how much I missed Counter-Strike. No other FPS has as good a feel.
  • I agree- I love the feel of the game, and the upgraded graphics as well as the new map additions are awesome. Italy is much more enjoyable in GO.
  • edited August 2012
    adding people so I can play with someone.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Thanks to USRNAME/Kits, I can confidently tell you that this game gets more thumbs up than a fingerless gynecologist.
  • Maybe my crashing is due to crappy ISP and/or that I have it on absolute maximum settings and vsync.
  • I'm on midrange settings on a Core i5 with Core i5 Integrated Graphics and I haven't had a single crash.
  • edited August 2012
    Played this morning before work. No crashy.

Let's get a private FRC server going on.

I wish there was a way to connect server auth to Steam. "Only members of this Steam group, or my friends, can join the server." Then you won't have to deal with a password and shit.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I will see about getting one going for us. On my FIOS. ;^)
    If it doesn't work, let's pay money.
    If it doesn't work, let's pay money.
    Yes. It's worth it for CS.
  • I haven't purchased it yet (no money until Friday), but I saw my girlfriend play the new "gungame" mode and FUCK it is slick. I'm just waiting for dedicated servers, FRC or otherwise, and it's gonna be a good fuckin time.
  • I haven't purchased it yet (no money until Friday), but I saw my girlfriend play the new "gungame" mode and FUCK it is slick. I'm just waiting for dedicated servers, FRC or otherwise, and it's gonna be a good fuckin time.
    True that. I expected CS source with better graphics, I got Counterstrike at it's most enjoyable so far instead.
  • I guess I should buy this, huh?
    Yeah. I plan to play this basically every day.

I want to get enough people together that our private server almost always has enough players.
  • edited August 2012
    I guess I should buy this, huh?

I want to get enough people together that our private server almost always has enough players.
    I'll be buying it Friday. I dunno if late pre-purchases get beta access, but I'll likely be playing pretty dang consistently after work erryday.

-EDIT- "Pre-purchase and get beta access immediately." Well there goes that question, see y'all Friday.

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited August 2012
    I guess I should buy this, huh?
    I'll be honest with you - It's not worth $60 at this point. Maybe $40 dollars, at release. But, it's only $15, so mad bargain, and it's got all the goodness of classic counterstrike, but turned up a notch, and polished to a high sheen, with little extra bits of stuff chucked in to boot.

So, If you dug counterstrike, fuckin' go for it mate.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I will play this, post PAX.
  • RymRym
    edited August 2012
    It would be worth $60 if you were someone like me. CounterStrike is my jam.

Rym's Jams (video game related):

> CounterStrike
    > Dance Dance Revolution
    > Advance Wars
    > Tribes 2
    > Quake 2 (Lithium, Weapons Factory, Action Quake)
    > Natural Selection
    > Doom 2
    > Civilization 2, 4
    > Bionic Commando
    > Gemfire/Aerobiz type games (Kou Shibusawa)

A game is your jam if you would basically play it all the time were other factors not preventing you from doing so. The games you double down on and consciously/actively try to be not just good at, but notably good.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I'll be honest, with the new "casual" mode, this game replace TF2 as my jam for direct competition fps. If Mann vs. Machine wasn't coming out, I'd be hard pressed for a reason to keep TF2 around.
  • edited August 2012
    This game has basically eliminated my desire to play Mann vs Machine.
    Post edited by Sail on