This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• It would be worth $60 if you were someone like me. CounterStrike is my jam.
    Oh, it's well up my alley, but I just don't feel there is enough content to justify $60 on the sticker. $40, probably would if I had the spare cash, but sixty is a bit much, even with the promise of future updates and extra content at this point.

• What's all this talk about $60 or $40? Is that the Australian price or something? The game is $13.49.
  • What's all this talk about $60 or $40? Is that the Australian price or something? The game is $13.49.
    You gotta back about six posts to get the whole gig, but here's the paragraph summary.

I said that it's not worth $60, maybe worth $40, so it's a steal at $15 bucks(since that's the release price without the pre-order discount) while encouraging Andrew to buy the game, then Rym said he would pay $60 bucks(if it was $60, of course), because it's so far up his alley it's climbing up the fire escape and peeking in his windows. I think there isn't quite enough content right now to justify $60, but I'd probably pay $40 at a stretch.

It's just a bit of a "What would you pay for all of THIS?" kind of idle discussion. And really, Lots of companies fuck us, but Valve? Valve doesn't fuck us.
  • Valve does fuck us, it's just the kind of fucking that people seek out.
    Well, that's a fair point, but they fuck us all equally, regardless of nation, race or creed, rather than singling out particular groups for an almost fetishistic, obsessive fucking.

• Its a tenner and should run on my mac might be worth playing if peeps are on. Would be cool to play games with people from the FRC.
  • This game has basically eliminated my desire to play Mann vs Machine.
    Two totally different itches, in my book.
    Bespoke fucks?

• I wasn't really following CS:GO at all but this thread and a $15 price tag convinced me.

Yeah its pretty good.
  • I bought NS2, but since I've been able to play Source games via Steam on the OSX partition, I've not bothered trying to play it. I played TF2 for a while, and then CS:S, and through HL:2 some more. If this is really worth it, I might grab a copy and join in some FRC server fun.
  • It's not launching! Why not? Grrrrrr....
  • It's official Valve had made a deal with the devil and acquired some kind of black game making magic. CS:GO looks quite pretty and runs well on my shitty laptop. I'd say that it might run better than TF2 even. That shouldn't be possible, black magic is the only explanation.

As for my thoughts on the game after quick test? It seems to be still the old CS experience. I move around the map until our team wins or I die for sudden loss of head.
  • As for my thoughts on the game after quick test? It seems to be still the old CS experience. I move around the map until our team wins or I die for sudden loss of head.
    Yeah that is my worry it has been a hell of a long time since I played CS I think im going to suffer for a long time.

• As for my thoughts on the game after quick test? It seems to be still the old CS experience. I move around the map until our team wins or I die for sudden loss of head.
    Yeah that is my worry it has been a hell of a long time since I played CS I think im going to suffer for a long time.

I found that playing GunGame (now "officially" Arms Race) was a really quick way to get re-acquainted with the CS FPS-ing style - quick respawn, get acclimated with all the weapons, it's pretty dang good for picking up your sheer FPSing skills quickly.

• What does casual mode let you do that regular mode doesn't?
  • edited August 2012
    What does casual mode let you do that regular mode doesn't?
    Prevents friendly fire, removes player collision, gives defuse kits and armor by default, has shorter matches, probably other stuff I've forgotten.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • What does casual mode let you do that regular mode doesn't?
    No friendly Fire

No team collision (these are for TF2 people I think)

fewer rounds to determine winner

Everyone automatically get body armour / helmut and CS get bomb tools automatically.

Less money for winning (probably because of point above)
  • edited August 2012
    Cool I will give this game a whirl then. TF2 player here.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited August 2012
    Valve does fuck us, it's just the kind of fucking that people seek out.
    Bespoke fucks?
    Truly Artisanal fucking.

Post edited by Churba on
  • No more crashy. Game, Y U SO GOOD!?
  • Soooo.... Preorder, then?
  • Soooo.... Preorder, then?
    It's not even a proper preorder anymore. Preorder used to mean this thing where you pay now so you can wait for undefined amount of time until you can get your dirty hands on the game. Not this modern "preordering" where if you pay now you get to play the game instantly, it just might have some bugs because it's beta.

But yes, if you are in any way interested go for it. I have hate-hate relationship is CS and I still got it.

• edited August 2012
    I figured out the biggest thing I was fucking up that was causing me to suck ass. I never look at the radar. Just played a gungame where I used radar heavily. Totally started kicking ass!

EDIT: I've been playing CS all these years without radar. Like I've been handicapped all this time. I hope that now I start using it I become some sort of god.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Sooo.... The radar in old CS also showed you things like elevation, bomb location, etc...
  • Sooo.... The radar in old CS also showed you things like elevation, bomb location, etc...
    I wouldn't know if the new one is different from the old one because I've never looked at it.
  • FUCKING ALMOST. EVERY DAMN ARMS RACE SECOND PLACE ARRRRGHRGHRGRHGRGHRGHRGRGHR,,,<<===f
  • edited August 2012
    Went in, won arms race in my third round. Left.

Also, radar is bullshit in arms race.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Arms Race is like where I belong, I love it. I'm getting bored with the maps though, I'm very excited to see when the zombie mod servers start popping up.
  • edited August 2012
    Arms Race is like where I belong, I love it. I'm getting bored with the maps though, I'm very excited to see when the zombie mod servers start popping up.
    I'd lay down money on the fact it'll have more maps before very long. Not even including fan-made stuff.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Couldn't you just get a copy of the German version of Left 4 Dead?