This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012 Highlights

edited August 2012 in GeekNights

PAX East 2012 was the third PAX East in history. We were there lecturing, hanging out, and most importantly: gaming! PAX East (and PAX Prime) are the highlights of our year every year. They're like no other cons! Be sure to check out the PAX East 2011 highlights too!

The song is a Chuck Dodgers OverClocked Remix (http://www.ocremix.org/)
LaserDance (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00132/)

Source Link
Post edited by Rym on

Comments

• I don't even remember playing that game of Carcassonne. Ok, I'm officially excited for PAX.
  • Every year, I watch these eagerly in the hopes that I will see myself or somebody that I know in the background. And every year, I am disappoint. :<
  • I saw my pith helmet at one point...
  • edited August 2012
    I'm in this one...
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • I don't even remember playing that game of Carcassonne. Ok, I'm officially excited for PAX.
    It was either Thursday or Friday around 8PM. I remember b/c I was in the game originally, on your left, and then I had to leave to change a hot messy diaper.

• I'm in this one...
  • Finishing that little video just made my excitement for PAX go into overdrive. PAXPAXPAXPAXPAXPAXAPX
  • Man, I'm a fucking photo ninja. There are never any photos of me at these events. :p You can see my smartphone in a few frames.
  • Man, I'm a fucking photo ninja. There are never any photos of me at these events. :p You can see my smartphone in a few frames.
    Or everyone else is good at keeping you out of their photos! (;
  • edited August 2012
    I don't have photos of anything. There are photos of me. I've found them. I look like this:

->:-(
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • You guys make me want to go to PAX. Although I think next year's PAX East is scheduled at the same time as Tora-Con. XD
    I also might be on co-op and unable to get days off seeing as how I'll be a lowly intern.
    It was either Thursday or Friday around 8PM. I remember b/c I was in the game originally, on your left, and then I had to leave to change a hot messy diaper.
    Probably Thursday, since you were playing on one of the hotel tables.
  • I had a dream that PAX was already here and I was at the hotel. Then I woke up. It's a sad morning.
  • I've had three nights of PAX related dreams lately. Mostly not getting there on time, getting stuck at airports, fighting the TSA, being trapped in an infinite restaurant...

I want a PAX Dreams twitter feed.
  • I wish I had a PAX dream. I had a dream involving fucked up service elevators, people run over by cars, a weird restaurant,
  • I hardly ever recall anything from my dreams after 5 minutes.
  • I hardly ever recall anything from my dreams after 5 minutes.
    I got this iPhone app called Day One It's just like the notes app, only fancier, and it organizes things by date. I been using it to log various date-centric things like dreams and whatnot. Because of this I am able to remember more of dreams. I wrote four or five sentences about dreams I had, and only one of them does not recall a memory.
  • I had a nightmare last night that Andrew and I went to an unspecified con for the weekend, and then I realized we forgot to put extra food and water out for the kitties. :O I was quite emotionally distraught.
  • I wonder how this Kickstarter is working out to those who've pledged. If it actually works, I'd be down with getting one of them for some fun lucid dreaming.
  • I wonder how this Kickstarter is working out to those who've pledged. If it actually works, I'd be down with getting one of them for some fun lucid dreaming.
    Smells like bullshit.
  • Yeah, it does appear to be all hoohah, but it's interesting.

@Lyddi, this is why we have friends come over to check on our kitties during convention weekends.
  • edited August 2012
    While I will not defend that particular product there are things you can do to increase your likelihood to Lucid dream so it would hazard to guess that there are products that could be made to help you have more vivid dreams.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Almost all of my dreams are lucid. I've always wondered how fucking creepy it must be to have not-lucid dreaming. Losing all control over yourself just seems unsettling to me.
  • Blinky light masks like that KS have been around forever: it's neither novel nor new.
  • I've never had a lucid dream or a flying dream. you guys are crazy.
  • edited August 2012
    Flying dreams are some of my favorite dreams. Totes cray cray and proud!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • My brother lucid dreams all the time and told me about it. I was so jelly. I still can't.
  • Did somebody say blinky lights face mask?

That video has forever changed a reasonably-normal-yet-overplayed song into a sci fi dystopia.
  • edited August 2012
    I had a dream that I could fly and that the Japanese proficiency test got harder the year before I had to take it. When I woke up one of these was true, but not the good one.
    Post edited by gomidog on