This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• That keeps happening to me. Trying to click where the Go button is doesn't always work for me, though :/
    I would say it always works for me, but it only started happening tonight, so it might be more accurate to say that it hasn't failed to work yet.

I might have figured out how to control my big twitch, but it's an idea that needs testing.

• That keeps happening to me. Trying to click where the Go button is doesn't always work for me, though :/
    I would say it always works for me, but it only started happening tonight, so it might be more accurate to say that it hasn't failed to work yet.

I might have figured out how to control my big twitch, but it's an idea that needs testing.

Lower mouse sensitivity.
  • edited August 2012
    That keeps happening to me. Trying to click where the Go button is doesn't always work for me, though :/

Lower mouse sensitivity.
    Close - the way I hold my mouse, I have a button under my thumb, but I keep it unassigned on the FPS profile, because when I do the twitch, my thumb tightens on the button - but I've switched it over so that when I hold it, it dumps my mouse sensitivity down from 6400 DPI to about 600-ish, till I release it. Still fine tuning how much to drop it by, but it works alright so far.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • So, when are we going to get some forum games going? We could just choose an empty server to invade, or someone with a good connection could host.
  • So, when are we going to get some forum games going? We could just choose an empty server to invade, or someone with a good connection could host.
    I was going to just buy a server, but then Rym smartly pointed out that we should wait for non-beta to do so.
  • I guess the non-beta is only two days away.
  • I almost forgot to mention, but I saw something else that reminded me - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is one of the people listed among the loading screen quotes, along with various military trivia and pertinent quotes.
  • I almost forgot to mention, but I saw something else that reminded me - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is one of the people listed among the loading screen quotes, along with various military trivia and pertinent quotes.
    The quotes and facts aren't bad, but I prefer the relevant game hints. I seem to always get the deagle one. Yeah, we know it's a hand cannon.
  • edited August 2012
    Finally played some live matches. Got flashed banged immediately and died a couple seconds afterward. I managed to stay alive for one round though. It's amazing how quickly you can go from full health to dead in a short few seconds though.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Finally played some live matches. Got flashed banged immediately and died a couple seconds afterward. I managed to stay alive for one round though. It's amazing how quickly you can go from full health to dead in a short few seconds though.
    Yeah, you know what. Kevlar armor in CS:GO is pretty much the same as kevlar in CS:S and 1.6. That is to say, it does enough that it's worth it, but not enough. Just about every time I'm low on health I look down and armor is at 85 and health is < 50. Ok, without the armor I would probably be dead right now, but seriously! I want Doom/Quake armor.
  • edited August 2012
    I almost forgot to mention, but I saw something else that reminded me - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is one of the people listed among the loading screen quotes, along with various military trivia and pertinent quotes.
    The quotes and facts aren't bad, but I prefer the relevant game hints. I seem to always get the deagle one. Yeah, we know it's a hand cannon.
    I like the mixture of both. A nice little break from "Deagles are basically like swinging a pirate cannon around" and "Shoot them in the head for great victory". Sure, they'll all get old in time, but still.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Finally played some live matches. Got flashed banged immediately and died a couple seconds afterward. I managed to stay alive for one round though. It's amazing how quickly you can go from full health to dead in a short few seconds though.
    Got today my first kill while flashed. I was just about to click on enemy when world went white. Clicked anyways and got the kill. That felt good.

• So I played the original CS very casually many years ago, never touched it or any competitive FPS since. I got CS:GO and decided to give it an honest try.

First time on I started a few practice games with bots to learn the maps, weapons, objectives etc. Put bots on hardest difficulty and won every game with ease never even died. Felt good.

Then I started some real games. I got wtf owned so hard. I don't understand. I shoot people but they don't seem to die and I do (yes I buy kevlar+helmet). Most of time I die from some dude halfway across the map that seemed to snipe me with an SMG. But that's fine, it's what I expect. So question is, what should I do to get better? I've played a few games but I keep dieing so much and I'm not sure if that's helping. Should I read some guides? Practice more with bots? Or just keep playing?

Also, I tried to join the FRC steam group but it says invite only. I thought Scrym said it was a public group?
  • edited August 2012
    The Geeknights group is public, the FRC one is for the actual FRC.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • The public group is called Geeknights.
  • The public group is called Geeknights.
    Do'h, I am in the right one now.
  • Remember that time in source I played Never gonna give you up on the mic? Someone is doing that with Gangnam Style right now!
  • I sign of a truly screwed up economy.

Is it the bottle of booze, the rag or the lighter that's so expensive?
  • Price of gas is killer.
  • I sign of a truly screwed up economy.

Is it the bottle of booze, the ragor the lighter that's so expensive?
    The bottle is from a bottle of Domaine Armand Rousseau, a fine pino if I remember right, and specialty-cut piece of 800 thread count egyptian cotton. And a buck fifty of petrol.

• I think it would be a lot more interesting to lower the molotov price to a reasonable level, but changes its in-game effect to be more akin to a real molotov. Very high chance of setting yourself on fire. Also, make the incendiary grenade have a more real-life effect as well. Fucking fire all over the fuck.
  • edited August 2012
    I think it would be a lot more interesting to lower the molotov price to a reasonable level, but changes its in-game effect to be more akin to a real molotov. Very high chance of setting yourself on fire. Also, make the incendiary grenade have a more real-life effect as well. Fucking fire all over the fuck.
    Eh, not so much. Most modern incendiary grenades are not fire-all-over-the-fuck like a molotov, but rather a thermate, which burns small but really, really hot. They're not often used against people, but rather, to quickly and efficiently disable armored vehicles or other armored objects, vehicles, and so on. No explosion, no spray, just flash and burn.

Here's one in action -

Post edited by Churba on
  • Only one answer. Give the CTs something else that would actually be useful. Or just leave the fake economy as is.
  • I think it would be a lot more interesting to lower the molotov price to a reasonable level, but changes its in-game effect to be more akin to a real molotov. Very high chance of setting yourself on fire. Also, make the incendiary grenade have a more real-life effect as well. Fucking fire all over the fuck.
    Eh, not so much. Most modern incendiary grenades are not fire-all-over-the-fuck like a molotov, but rather a thermate, which burns small but really, really hot. They're not often used against people, but rather, to quickly and efficiently disable armored vehicles or other armored objects, vehicles, and so on. No explosion, no spray, just flash and burn.

Here's one in action -

Normal grenade trajectory, no blast radius, but penetrates walls and instakills on contact; basically the throwning knife in CoD. That would actually be kind of cool (just dumb as hell).
  • Noticed a bug that may have been mentioned where in-between map changes the escape menu pops up. If you click resume it goes away but the loading page works fine otherwise.
  • The new weapons course is pretty fun. My time: 38:1
  • Pardon me while I swing my dick about:
  • edited August 2012
    Sorry, Churba.

Post edited by Farragar on
  • What's this thing with the clock?