This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• The latest patch includes a training mode thing where you run along a course and shoot cardboard cutouts of terrorists against a clock.
  • The latest patch includes a training mode thing where you run along a course and shoot cardboard cutouts of terrorists against a clock.
    LET'S DO THIS!
  • Sorry, Churba.
    It's cool, man. I still enjoyed my brief moment in the sun, it's rare I get to be the top of something in an FPS in a group of friends(even this group), even for a little while.
    What's this thing with the clock?
    Like Farragar said, it's a training mode. It shows you a few weapons, lets you practice a little shooting and grenade flinging, teaches you about flashbangs and a few other basic tips, and the clock bit is a timed shooting house.

• edited August 2012
    LET'S DO THIS!
    It's a bit shit; although it lets you pick your choice of weapons, they all seem to do the same amount of damage - there's literally no reason to pick anything other than the P90. It also doesn't record your best time.
    Post edited by Farragar on
  • That reminds me of the course they had in Video Game High School. It's a pity the optimal solution is likely nowhere near as awesome.
  • LET'S DO THIS!
    It's a bit shit; although it lets you pick your choice of weapons, they all seem to do the same amount of damage - there's literally no reason to pick anything other than the P90. It also doesn't record your best time.
    I did my best with the Bizon, to be honest. Though, unfortunately, it doesn't have the armor piercing of the P90, which makes it less useful in games - but you shouldn't use the Five seven if you're also using the p90, since they draw from the same ammo pool, and if you run out of bullets, you're a bit fucked without a backup.

• edited August 2012
    LET'S DO THIS!
    I did my best with the Bizon, to be honest. Though, unfortunately, it doesn't have the armor piercing of the P90, which makes it less useful in games - but you shouldn't use the Five seven if you're also using the p90, since they draw from the same ammo pool, and if you run out of bullets, you're a bit fucked without a backup.

Fair points actually, I'm still forgetting about the new weapons so I didn't really consider the Bizon. The increased clip size over the P90 would be quite nice, though I think sharing ammo is a bit of a non-issue - If you can't finish the course in 100 rounds, you're probably not going to have a good time anyway. I like the slightly increased firerate of the P90, so it's probably quite an even thing, I'll have to give it a try.

Edit: You run speedy as fuck with the Bizon too; think you're probably right mate.
  • Fair points actually, I'm still forgetting about the new weapons so I didn't really consider the Bizon. The increased clip size over the P90 would be quite nice, though I think sharing ammo is a bit of a non-issue - If you can't finish the course in 100 rounds, you're probably not going to have a good time anyway. I like the slightly increased firerate of the P90, so it's probably quite an even thing, I'll have to give it a try.

Edit: You run speedy as fuck with the Bizon too; think you're probably right mate.
    Wups, I mean in the regular game for the p90, not just the training course. Sorry about that, I'm just not on form today apparently.

And yeah, the Bizon is light as shit, in game, you run as fast as just having the knife out - 250 hammer units per second. Real life, IIRC, it's only slightly lighter than the P90, so I dunno why the P90 gets the slight speed reduction, but the bizon doesn't.

• And yeah, the Bizon is light as shit, in game, you run as fast as just having the knife out - 250 hammer units per second. Real life, IIRC, it's only slightly lighter than the P90, so I dunno why the P90 gets the slight speed reduction, but the bizon doesn't.
    From a balance perspective, the P90 is already strong enough for rushes, particularly with a few nades in front. A movespeed buff is probably just about the last thing it could do with.
  • From a balance perspective, the P90 is already strong enough for rushes, particularly with a few nades in front. A movespeed buff is probably just about the last thing it could do with.
    Amen to that.
  • Lest ye forget, the day they introduced the original P90 to CounterStrike was the day no other weapon was used. It was a death machine. They nerfed it down to something reasonable in short order.
  • Lest ye forget, the day they introduced the original P90 to CounterStrike was the day no other weapon was used. It was a death machine. They nerfed it down to something reasonable in short order.
    If you listen to Scott, it still is, but frankly, it's not my style.

• edited August 2012
    Lest ye forget, the day they introduced the original P90 to CounterStrike was the day no other weapon was used. It was a death machine. They nerfed it down to something reasonable in short order.
    If you listen to Scott, it still is, but frankly, it's not my style.
    Nah, fuck that noise. It's good in some situations, but nowhere near my bread-and-butter AK/Colt/AWP. Having said that, I really should use some other weapons.
  • I use the P90 as a bread and butter weapon. The spread is low when running. Great for storming a front with rifle support following more slowly behind. Rush out peppering any defenders to keep their heads down long enough for the riflemen to step out and start walking forward.

At close range, the P90 beats a shotgun if you're skilled enough at headclicking.
  • edited August 2012
    I use the P90 as a bread and butter weapon. The spread is low when running. Great for storming a front with rifle support following more slowly behind. Rush out peppering any defenders to keep their heads down long enough for the riflemen to step out and start walking forward.

At close range, the P90 beats a shotgun if you're skilled enough at headclicking.
    That's where the incendiary grenades shine - drop one between the two, and the riflemen can't advance. Or drop it ahead of the p90s, and they have a harder time advancing to their ideal range.

As for p90 beating shotgun at close range, I've not seen that to be the case so far, however, that's a tiny sample. And either way, I'm usually the worst player on my team, if I've weakened you, that's still doing my part for the team, in my book.

Man, I really want to play now. Few hundred words more, and I'll have a few games.
    Post edited by Churba on

• That's where the incendiary grenades shine - drop one between the two, and the riflemen can't advance. Or drop it ahead of the p90s, and they have a harder time advancing to their ideal range.
    I'm interested to see how incendiary grenades start getting used competitively. Also, has anyone playing since the patch started having a bunch of fucking adverts on the server MotDs? It doesn't seem like the sort of thing Valve would do, but they're official servers.

Man, I really want to play now. Few hundred words more, and I'll have a few games.
    I'l be playing all evening (England time), I might join you later.
  • Give me a slow projectile like a throwing knife.
  • P90 is BEST.
  • Fuckin' toldya.
  • edited August 2012
    Also best in Goldeneye.

http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/RC-P90

Might as well be the BFG of "realistic" gun games.

Speaking of which, a Counter-Strike Doom mod would be awesome. Game is identical to CS in every way, except all the weapons are Doom weapons.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I rush straight through grenades. Pubbies never expect it.
  • Finally won my first gun game/arms race. It was a close one.

• Oh right, now I remember why I don't play CS.

The game itself is really great, but I always find myself in pub servers with shrieking children who vote to kick me whenever I say anything over chat or voice. The other CS players, gregarious lords that they are, approve the kick.

Every. Fucking. Time.

I'd really enjoy playing on a private server, because I really enjoy the game itself, but the "CS culture" really turns me off.
  • Oh right, now I remember why I don't play CS.

The game itself is really great, but I always find myself in pub servers with shrieking children who vote to kick me whenever I say anything over chat or voice. The other CS players, gregarious lords that they are, approve the kick.

Every. Fucking. Time.

I'd really enjoy playing on a private server, because I really enjoy the game itself, but the "CS culture" really turns me off.
    WTF are you doing? This has never happened to me ever.
  • Probably a combination of choosing the wrong servers, and his accent.
  • I've also never had that happen to me. I never really run into kids either, and all votekicks are for griefers or otherwise annoying people.
  • Ok, I can only get down to 38/39 seconds on the training thingy...
  • Fuck me...

• edited August 2012
    n/m, wikipedia
    Post edited by muppet on