This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii U

Comments

• The Wii didn't launch with Brawl. It was two years in. I can wait.
    GameCube did.
    Yeah. I never said that.
    My point was, I can wait for a Smash Bros.

However, with the launch lineup looking like it does, I can also wait to buy the system until Pikmin 3 launches.
  • I do find it somewhat strange the Wii U is coming out in America before it comes out in Japan.
  • Black Friday. That is all.
  • edited September 2012
    However, with the launch lineup looking like it does, I can also wait to buy the system until Pikmin 3 launches.
    Supposedly it is a launch title. At least, it's been reported as being on the list of launch titles that was released today.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • However, with the launch lineup looking like it does, I can also wait to buy the system until Pikmin 3 launches.
    Supposedly it is a launch title. At least, it's been reported as being on the list of launch titles that was released today.
    It's in the "launch window" still. Launch window, as per the conference, means up until the end of March 2013.

• edited September 2012
    Ah, gotcha. I'd imagine that would be a game they would want out for the holiday season, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'd think, but we'll wait and see. It's a lot of money for me to sink, I'd rather wait it out.
  • As for why the WiiU isn't launching with new Smash Bros.: the game was literally put into production early this year. Sora is a really, really small studio, so they're teaming up with Namco to make it.

As for Pokemon not having depth: If you think that Pokemon boils down to just randomness and rock-paper-scissors, you have not even scratched the surface of what Pokemon is. Pokemon is a game that exists purely in the metagame. It's all about how you breed and raise your Pokemon to fit specific roles. EV's and IV's, combined with perfect Natures, specific abilities, precise move sets to fit specific niches (unless you're making a physical or special sweeper, in which their goal is to steamroll over most Pokemon that get thrown in front of them), and team building all go hand and hand to making Pokemon easily one of the deepest games on the market nowadays.

Seriously, if you ever want to find out how much you do not know about Pokemon, either go read Bulbapedia or challenge someone who is super serial about the games to a battle. You will have your world completely rocked.

I can also say similar things about Smash Bros., but I really don't feel like doing that right now.

As for the WiiU itself: I'm going to buy one day 1 if I have the money for it, but that really shouldn't surprise anyone.
  • edited September 2012
    I'd think, but we'll wait and see. It's a lot of money for me to sink, I'd rather wait it out.
    No, I understand. I'm prolly gonna wait... a long time. I feel like I need to play Pikmin 3 eventually, but most likely not this year or next year.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'd think, but we'll wait and see. It's a lot of money for me to sink, I'd rather wait it out.
    No, I understand. I'm prolly gonna wait... a long time. I feel like I need to play Pikmin 3 eventually, but most likely not this year or next year.
    I think I will be waiting until the gamepad is under $100, much less under $150, on its own before I even think about purchasing the Wii U. Even then they will have to put several great games on it for me to get it. I do not need another dust collection unit for my living room.
  • Several sources report Pikmin 3 for 2013, so I will likely wait until then.
  • I feel like I should say that I never played Pikmin 1 or 2. I only watched someone else play part of Pikmin 1.
  • edited September 2012
    If you're gonna play one or the other, I'd say just play Pikmin 2. You could probably get that Gamecube disk for dirt cheap.

[Edit] Wow, ok, guess not. Just checked eBay and Amazon, I don't know where people get off selling an 8-year-old used game for $40, especially one that was popular and isn't actually rare in any capacity.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • They both got re-released on the Wii, and I think they're both a lot of fun.
  • You know? I think I'm done with consoles.
    I feel this.
  • I think this will be my last console. I will get one on launch and then hold it until the eBay price gauge market hits. At that point I will decide to sell or keep.
  • Well when you consider the only things you wont have access to if you don't get any more consoles is a slew of JRPGs and Nintendo games. Other than that most everything is coming to PC even if it is just a shitty port.
  • edited September 2012
    Well when you consider the only things you wont have access to if you don't get any more consoles is a slew of JRPGs and Nintendo games. Other than that most everything is coming to PC even if it is just a shitty port.
    It's been a long time since I've played a shitty port. Do shitty ports even exist anymore? Now that games get updates and bug fixes automatically, I haven't had an issue since the days of getting PC games on disk.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I recall someone complaining about a shitty PC port in the currently playing thread recently. The Witcher 2 maybe? I am probably wrong about that guess.
  • Well when you consider the only things you wont have access to if you don't get any more consoles is a slew of JRPGs and Nintendo games. Other than that most everything is coming to PC even if it is just a shitty port.
    It's been a long time since I've played a shitty port. Do shitty ports even exist anymore? Now that games get updates and bug fixes automatically, I haven't had an issue since the days of getting PC games on disk.
    Well the pc Dark Souls is the definition of shitty port, or should I say is a port in the most literal sense of the word. I also bought NBA 2k12 when it was on sale and I had to do some black magic to get that to work and it's still sort of jenkey.
    HTPC and handhelds, can't go wrong. ^_^
  • I look forward to the Wii U coming out because all the Wii games I actually wanted to play will probably get cheaper!
  • I still want console games, there's a lot that doesn't get ported to PC. From your inFamous' and your Zelda's to your Rock Band's...There's just a lot of good stuff.
  • Monster Hunter 3G port. Thats pretty cool.
  • edited September 2012
    Wait, Did that gif say Shenmue 3?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Yeah. If only...
  • edited September 2012
    You know? I think I'm done with consoles.
    I often feel like I am done with games, in the sense I barely play them for the sake of playing them anymore. The only time I seem to play games anymore is when I'm looking to analyze them for the sake of making new games.

In that sense I've been done with consoles for a while, because it is so much harder to take apart a console game and see what makes it tick.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on