This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

edited October 2012 in Conventions
So the two close hotels are already booked (sadly I got the Seaport this time around). Who wants to be on ticket watch and buy tixs for the forum to ensure entry to this.

Comments

• Badges will likely be on sale soon. Be warned.
  • I want to be ready for this! But I am a newb to buying PAX tickets! Is it going to be randomly announced or will we know in advance? I need to know if I should be refreshing the site every 2 minutes at work. :-P
  • Same here! I want to be ready as well, but I need to know for sure!
  • Damn it Official PAX feed you are going to make me wait on my off day for tickets to go live, I have shit to do
  • I realized through inference its indeed going to randomly open instead of warning us. Yay.
  • Does Enforcer reg traditionally go up before, after, or siiiiiiiiimultaneously with regular reg?
  • After. By quite a bit.
  • Well, I reserved 3 nights at the Westin, so I think I'm set for that!
  • I am pretty psyched!
  • edited October 2012
    I'll be Enforcing again, so fortunately I shouldn't have to worry about tickets. I'll have to find a room in one of the close hotels, though...
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I booked a double-bed room, so if anyone wants to split the room, I'll be happy to do so.
  • Did you pick up Thursday or Sunday?
  • I picked up Thursday to Saturday. I figured I can just pick up Sunday at the location if I need to.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm kinda tempted to stay Thursday/Monday away from the convention center so I can be near the foods and events. I need to pick up Sunday at the Westin though somehow (though I imagine that extending a stay is relatively easy with all the checkouts that happen).
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I also will be splitting my seaport room as well so if interested let me know
  • I'm planning on buying multiple passes because they will sell out so fast, and I don't want my friends to get stuck with nothing. Chicken or egg?
  • I'm planning on buying multiple passes because they will sell out so fast, and I don't want my friends to get stuck with nothing. Chicken or egg?
    Buy the max (5) and if the scenerio comes where I didn't get one I will buy it off of you.
  • Buy the max (5) and if the scenerio comes where I didn't get one I will buy it off of you.
    Awesome. I'll make an attempt, but we'll see just how bad the feeding frenzy is.
  • If you can't get to Pax East, you can always come to Zenkaikon in Lancaster PA the same weekend, we have board games too :-p
  • Hey Pence! I will definitely go to you if I am unable to get a ticket!
  • How much are tickets? I'm going to do this this year since I'm just taking bullshit electives next semester.

If someone puts down for me, I can pay you back next week, but I'll try to get one on my lonesome today.
  • They've been $65 for the weekend in the past.
  • Oh cool, that's not bad.
  • If you can't get to PAX East, Tora-Con at RIT is the same weekend, and we're getting Powerglove!
  • edited October 2012
    Lancaster is actually closer to me than Boston. I'll definitely come drown my sorrows there if I can't get to PAX. :P

Right now I have two people that I'm going to hold onto tickets for, just in case, but they might not need them. Seems like I shouldn't have any problems finding people to take 2-4 extra passes, though.
    Post edited by pence on
  • I grabbed a room at the Seafoam Hostel or whatever. Also I made a Facebook event with a ton of random information in case any of your friends are vacillating over going.

http://www.facebook.com/events/126874257459790/
  • edited October 2012
    Lancaster is actually closer to me than Boston. I'll definitely come drown my sorrows there if I can't get to PAX. :P

Right now I have two people that I'm going to hold onto tickets for, just in case, but they might not need them. Seems like I shouldn't have any problems finding people to take 2-4 extra passes, though.
    Dibs dibs dibs.

EDIT: It falls on Spring Break! I'll be there.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • 5 badges have been obtained. The galaxy is at peace.