This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2013 Geek Suite

edited October 2012 in Conventions
I thought I should start a new thread to deal with getting this together. Here's what I have so far:

- The Westin is totally booked Thursday through Saturday, so that's not an option.
- The next best hotel is the Seaport. It's across the bridge from the convention center, and they still have rooms available (for now).

I can put my card down for a standard 1 bed room (the 2 beds are sold out), and we could probably make due with a trundle bed or (failing that) some awkward snuggling and sleeping bags.

The room will be booked Thursday to Tuesday (for those staying late and/or going to afterparties), and the total price is $1611.58. For those not staying all five nights (e.g. Thurs - Mon) your share won't include the extra days. We need to get a headcount before we'll know how much it is per person, but I'll reserve the room if we have at least three people who are definite. Remember, the more people we fit in, the cheaper it'll be (and the less we'll need to cover if someone flakes out).

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I'm in, provided at least two other people are as well. I'll probably stay through Monday night.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm in. I travel with backpacking gear, so I don't need a bed.
  • Likely in if Trogdor is in - he's in class.
  • edited October 2012
    Let's add another $80 to the bill and get a bottle of Lagavulin 16 for gentlemanly evenings. ~_^
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Alright, I've reserved the room. Hopefully we'll get a few more people, because shit is expensive, yo.
  • I may have a room available at Westin, if you guys want to do it there. It's a 2 bed room, and I'm the only one that has dibs on it at the moment.
  • I may need a room depending on what happens with the guy who I crashed with last year.
    I'm in. Class until 8, I'll talk to you guys about this later, but I'm in.
    I'm in. Class until 8, I'll talk to you guys about this later, but I'm in.
    Done and done. :D

• I'm in as well. Let me get in on this awesomeness. This time I promise I will not get all horrible levels of sick. I will be decked to the nine with sanitizer and all sorts of precautionary measures.
  • I might be getting my crew together to go to this PAX, but we might get some el cheapo motel or something.
  • I have seaport room and willing to get it upgraded depending on the number of people interested, let me know if you guys want in/I will abandon if a suite is done.
  • How many people are cramming in. I'm all for it. Money is tight, mangs!
  • Sorry to all of you who wanted in and weren't able to join the discussion, but it appears the room is pretty much full. Good thing there are a bunch of other people stepping up in this thread with space; props to you guys.
  • Who here is interested in rocking in the Seaport with me?
  • How far away is the Seaport hotel from the convention center?
  • Why don't you guys figure out how much it would be to rent an ACTUAL suite in a hotel? Or, possibly, see if there are any apartments available for rent for the weekend or whatever. Then you could make it a real Geek Suite, and if you split the cost between a dozen dudes it would be manageable.
  • edited October 2012
    How far away is the Seaport hotel from the convention center?
    0.2 Miles, walk over bridge and you are there.
    Why don't you guys figure out how much it would be to rent an ACTUAL suite in a hotel? Or, possibly, see if there are any apartments available for rent for the weekend or whatever. Then you could make it a real Geek Suite, and if you split the cost between a dozen dudes it would be manageable.
    We are doing that for MAGfest :D

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Depending on how much it would be, I might be interested in this. Kinda tired of bunking with my parents at every convention.
  • I'll probably have a room with some space available. Although I have not yet looked at any of the hotels.
  • If there's still some space in one of the rooms, I'm in pending my savings account and how much my share would be.
  • Idea: Since some of us have rooms lets get a list of people who have a room vs people who need a room and pair off that way. I shall begin.

Coldguy: Seaport hotel (0.2 miles) Thursday-Sunday No person limit as of now
  • A suite at the Seaport would be $2000+. I looked into it, but that's too much risk to take on if people flake.
  • Idea: Since some of us have rooms lets get a list of people who have a room vs people who need a room and pair off that way. I shall begin.

What's the cost/night? In addition to having rooms, we should post cost so people can budget.

• I believe the cost is $300-400/night, whereas the standard room is $250-300.

What's the cost/night? In addition to having rooms, we should post cost so people can budget.

As of this moment it is $`189 a night for a double, a quad will be $249 divide with interested and people.
  • If we can get for or 5 in there, I'm down for a quad.