This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movies: Good ones coming out?

edited September 2007 in Movies
While checking out the Apple previews, I found a preview for... Hitman.
You know, # 47 (I think that's his number, right?), killin' people, things like that.
The preview itself looked not so promising, but I'm still gonna check it out.

So, I ask you guys, any cool movies you've heard about/seen a preview for?

Comments

• You can't see 10 good movies.
  •  
    I'm probably not the best person to recommend movies, all my friends hate me because I like pretty much anything, as long as it its mildly entertaining.

• edited September 2007
    I'm in a similar situation. I'd have to say that I have a high threshold for pain. That said, for me, explosions are a big plus, chick flicks are a big minus. Resident Evil Extinction, Rush Hour 3, Underdog are ones that I am planning on going to. I might go see Transformers if it is still in a theater nearby as well.
    Post edited by RedShirt on
  • Elizabeth: The Golden Age is coming soon.  For the most part, it looks incredibly awesome... except for the romance subplot with Elizabeth and Walter Raleigh.  So it goes.
  • I'm hoping Watchmen is alright.
  • edited September 2007

King of Kong: A FistFul of Quarters
    Oh yeah King of Kong, that looks awesome, the downside is that it will definitely not get a theater release here in Mexico, so I'll end up waiting for the DVD.

Resident Evil Extinction, Rush Hour 3, Underdog are ones that I am planning on going to. I might go see Transformers if it is still in a theater nearby as well.

Well I just saw Rush Hour 3 last week and if you liked the first 2 you are definitely going to like this one, a little more on the comedy side than on the action but it's alright. I enjoyed Transfomers, but mainly the action scenes, the quality of all the CG are amazing, the story is very so so, but if you let your brain take a backseat during the whole movie, you’ll like it.

Oh and Megan Fox.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • clxclx
    edited September 2007
    I just heard of a sequel to Alien Vs Predator, called Alien vs Predator: Requelm

The first one wasn't great, but this one looks like it has a lot more action... and deaths
    Post edited by clx on
  • Resident Evil Extinction and Superbad are some ones I'm looking forward to seeing.

I can usually be entertained pretty easily, unless I have high expectations for a movie already.
    For example, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, which was teh suck.
  • I just heard of a sequel to Alien Vs Predator, calledAlien vs Predator: Requelm The first one wasn't great, but this one looks like it has a lot more action... and deaths
    Wow, how are they going to make a sequel for a prequel? I thought the end was very straight forward, leading into the beginning of Alien 1
  • edited September 2007
    310 to Yuma and Shoot 'Em Up both look pretty awesome. I'll definitely go out and see one of those movies this weekend.

Russel Crowe and Christian Bale in a gritty, actiony remake of a classic western, or Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti shooting the crap out of everything and then shooting some more. Its a tough choice.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • Resident Evil Extinction, Rush Hour 3, Underdog are ones that I am planning on going to. I might go see Transformers if it is still in a theater nearby as well.
    Wait a second. You're for sure going to see Underdog but only maybe Transformers?
  • Seeing as it's coming upon the end of summer, most of the movies I was excited about, I already saw. However, there are some movies that I am still intrigued to see:

310 to Yuma
    Shoot 'Em Up
    Resident Evil: Extinction
    Elizabeth: The Golden Age
    The Golden Compass
    National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Movies I want to see that are currently out:

Superbad
    War

Movie you should watch that is already out, if you haven't:

Stardust

There is also another movie coming out, I believe about the start of King Arthur and the tale of Excalibur. I forgot the name of it and couldn't seem to find it. >.<
  • edited September 2007

There is also another movie coming out, I believe about the start of King Arthur and the tale of Excalibur. I forgot the name of it and couldn't seem to find it. >.<</p>
    The Last Legion
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • edited September 2007

The Last Legion
    Yes, that's it. Thank you. Looks pretty interesting. I am also "kinda" interested in seeing Beowulf, but then again Angelina Jolie is in it, and I'm not such a big fan of her, however my boyfriend is pushing for it. =/
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Angelina Jolie is in it . . . however my boyfriend is pushing for it. =/
    I see. Put your foot down!
  • Well if anything, it does have Anthony Hopkins and John Malkovich in it. I can try to see past her. =P I also don't really know much of the tale of Beowulf, however I'm sure the movie won't be the best adaptation either.
  • edited September 2007

Elizabeth: The Golden Ageis coming soon.  For the most part, it looks incredibly awesome... except for the romance subplot with Elizabeth and Walter Raleigh.  So it goes.

I don't know. To me, this looks like your fad-early-'90's-styl rise and fall of history hero movie. There's too much overkill and misleading in order for the viewer to form a god-like opinion of the main character.

As for Beowulf, it doesn't seem to follow the story very well, although it is a difficult story to follow/understand.

Sorry to be so negative. I've turned into a critic over the past decade.

There was a preview in the transformers movie that caught my eye. It is an unnamed movie, as of yet, due in January. There was some College kids partying in a high-rise in New York when they hear a roar and a fireball explode from downtown and hit a building nearby. Anyway, the cinematography appeared to be well done for that scene with a hand-held camera.

I don't think there's a trailer for it, but I'm looking forward to the Indiana Jones Movie in May. Not because Lucas is producing, but because Spielberg is directing. They also showed a photo of Harrison Ford dressed in the Indiana Jones outfit, and even after 20 years, he still looks like Indy without the 20 years.
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • I want to see:
    310 to Yuma
    Shoot 'Em Up
    War
    Stardust
    Across the Universe
    Superbad
    Good Luck Chuck
    Iron Man
    The Dark Knight
  • Into the Wild. A friend recently gave me the book to read, and damn. It was really interesting. One thing, however, which I just saw whilst browsing the wiki page: Vince Vaughn? Seriously? I think he's hilarious, but this is just about the opposite of a comedy.
  • Movie you should watch that is already out, if you haven't:

Stardust
    This was a surprisingly awesome/cute movie. I thought it would be another childish fantasy, but it was great. Highly recommended by me.
  • Stardust
    This was a surprisingly awesome/cute movie. I thought it would be another childish fantasy, but it was great. Highly recommended by me.
    I second that. This movie took me by complete surprise and was my favorite of all the movies I've seen this summer.
  • edited September 2007
    Stardust looked interesting from the previews. I wasn't expecting awesomeness, but mostly something that is entertaining. Plus I'm a fan of Claire Daines. However, Robert Fucking DeNiro was the win in that movie, hands down. After watching the movie, my boyfriend and I were discussing how awesome it was and we realized that we haven't seen a good comedy/romance/fantasy movie like that since Princess Bride. We thought about it more and more and couldn't think of any other movie to compare it to. This movie is definitely going on the "To Buy" list.

Also, saw Superbad last night. McLovin is badass. XD
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'm hopingWatchmenis alright.
    And if it isn't I will cry like a baby . . . and then get some pitchforks and torches.
  • Resident Evil Extinction, Rush Hour 3, Underdog are ones that I am planning on going to. I might go see Transformers if it is still in a theater nearby as well.
    Wait a second. You're for sure going to see Underdog but only maybe Transformers?
    Well, the problem is it is out of most of the close by theaters now. On the other hand, I've heard it's going to come out in the IMAX theaters soon, so I'll probably put it off until then (or wait till DVD). I have a habit of getting into a mood and not wanting to deal with theaters, even if I've got passes.
  • Shoot 'em Up was amazingly awesome. Go see it now.
  • I hope Robotech the movie comes out right.
  • I just recently saw the new 3:10 to Yuma, and it was excellent.
  • There was a preview in the transformers movie that caught my eye. It is an unnamed movie, as of yet, due in January. There was some College kids partying in a high-rise in New York when they hear a roar and a fireball explode from downtown and hit a building nearby. Anyway, the cinematography appeared to be well done for that scene with a hand-held camera.
    I recall exactly what you are speaking of, and it looked like a fantastic preview. For some reason, however, I got the feeling of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, where the robots crashed down into Manhattan and all hell broke loose (too bad there aren't more Metropolis style films). However, I do look forward to this film--the very best previews are the ones that reveal nothing but suggest so much.
  • There was a preview in the transformers movie that caught my eye. It is an unnamed movie, as of yet, due in January. There was some College kids partying in a high-rise in New York when they hear a roar and a fireball explode from downtown and hit a building nearby. Anyway, the cinematography appeared to be well done for that scene with a hand-held camera.
    I recall exactly what you are speaking of, and it looked like a fantastic preview. For some reason, however, I got the feeling of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, where the robots crashed down into Manhattan and all hell broke loose (too bad there aren't more Metropolis style films). However, I do look forward to this film--the very best previews are the ones that revealnothingbut suggest so much.
    Is that on the interwebs? I think my uncl and cousins were talking about it weekend before last, and I really wanna see this teaser.