This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

edited January 2013 in Everything Else
So, football season is upon us. College has been going a couple weeks, and the NFL started this weekend. Come on, I know a few of you like sports. I'm looking at you, Scott. By the way Dave, how did the Eagles do today? What? They lost to the greatest football team ever? MWAHAHAHAHA! Bow down before your new Packer overlords.
Post edited by Andrew on

Comments

• Go Giants! Down by 1 at the half, we ca win it.

If the Giants suck yet again, go Pats. Eagles suck.
  • edited September 2007
    Sorry to tell you Scott, but the Giants are going to lose tonight. Go Cowboys!
    And I agree: the Eagles suck.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2007
    NFL is boring, go college ball!

Post edited by Andrew on
  • You know the season is underway when the Browns lose their first game. To the Stealers. 34-7. Ouch.
  • edited September 2007
    In the rest of the world, every moment is football season :P
    Post edited by Rym on
  • In The rest of the world every moment is football season :P

So very true.
  • In The rest of the world every moment is football season :P

So very true.

• That was hilarious :P
  • The only decent soccer
  • The only decent soccer

Oh, but you are so very wrong!
  • LOL, that video cracks me up everytime, especially the goalie getting hit in the head, and scoring a gol (yes gooool, in spanish),
  • edited September 2007
    By the way Dave, how did the Eagles do today? What? They lost to the greatest football team ever? MWAHAHAHAHA! Bow down before your new Packer overlords.
    So it goes. That's what you get when you put green special teams on the field. I'll take solace in the fact that it wasn't Grandpa Farve that won them the game, but the Eagles' piss-poor special teams.
    If the Giants suck yet again, go Pats. Eagles suck.
    Fair-weather fans. A++++++
    Post edited by Dave on
  • I'll take solace in the fact that it wasn't Grandpa Farve that won them the game, but the Eagles' piss-poor special teams.
    Favre's receivers weren't doing him any favors though. And our two best plays were both punt!
  • edited September 2007

Go Cowboys!

Cowboys? Hello my new rival for I am a Redskins fan. REDSKINS! It runs in the family!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • We all know who's going home with a 4th ring at the end of the season.
    And it isn't not Tom Brady.

• Fair-weather fans. A++++++
    I'm not really a fair-weather fan, I'm very against front runners. I just have two teams, one AFC one NFC. One of them just happens to be good. Notice their geographic proximity to the places I have lived. And the Giants are still really my #1 team.
  • w00t Cowboys!!!!! I gotta get me a Romo Jersey ordered...I think we might have a decent QB again.
    Hence...  Come on Lions!
  • You know the season is underway when the Browns lose their first game. To the Stealers. 34-7. Ouch.
    Gotta love my Steelers. Sadly they've been, uhm, "mediocre" at best over the last few seasons (with the 2006 season exception). But I still love them regardless. Almost makes me want to switch to Direct TV to get that Football package so i can watch them. Being out here on the US East coast, I don't get to see many of their games on TV. Anyone know of a good way to watch/listen to the games besides the RealOne football radio thing you have to pay for?
  • Hence... Come on Lions!
    Why oh why not the Wolverines? They're always good, right? *snicker*

Hence... Come on Lions!

Detroit actually got Calvin Johnson , a player who will probably become the one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of the game.

Hence... Come on Lions!

Detroit actually gotCalvin Johnson, a player who will probably become the one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of the game.
    For all the good having Barry Sanders ever did them....
  • 1. Fuck the Packers. Iggles still rule.
    2. Not really fuck the Packers...I'm just pissed that Philly lost.
    3. Fuck soccer.
    4. No really, fuck soccer.
    5. Go Tech! 69-14 over Samford and now ranked #15.
    6. What's the good word?
  • What was that about GA Tech? I'm sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you from all the way up here at #7...
  • What was that about GA Tech? I'm sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you from all the way up here at #7...
    How did it feel dropping two places? I wouldn't know, we rose six.
  • Did we win? That's what I thought.
  • Holy shit, the Niners actually won? 
  • You know, Starfox, this is the problem with college ball. We'll never play each other, so it's all arbitrary. And, since we'll never play, you'll never know what it feels like to lose to a team of engineers.

Oh, I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar 3000 pounds,
    A college bell to put it in and a clapper to stir it round.
    I'd drink to all the fellows who come from far and near,
    I'm a ramblin, gamblin, hell-of-an engineer!

Hence... Come on Lions!

Rym, you've been away long enough. You can let them go now. Trust me, it'll be for the best.
  • I actually looked into the cheating situation some more. I have to take back some of what I said about the cheating. I had assumed that the Patriots simply had a guy on their side of the field with a camera taking video of the opposing team with a zoom lens. Apparently the guy was on the Jets' side of the field, wearing a Jets colored sweatshirt and carrying a very fancy camera pointed right at the coaches. This definitely crosses the line.