This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Luna, Woona, and Nightmare Moon

edited October 2012 in GeekNights

Radio Free Equestria episode 10
Luna, Woona, and Nightmare Moon

Luna become Nightmare Moon, was defeated, and became Luna again. But upon her return, Luna took on a very different appearance. He hair exhibited the same characteristics as both Celestia and Cadence (though the latter only in the throes of a particularly powerful magical effect).
How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Could she regain these dark powers? What is up with her hair?

Source Link

Comments

• We'll be doing more of these once Season 3 starts!
  • The best explanation seems to be that the hair is basically a power level indicator, though it might be pegacorn-only.

The idea that it's a special effect that can be activated at will doesn't fit because it wouldn't have made much sense for Cadance to activate it in that one specific situation.

One other possibility is that it's an indicator of active, rather than passive, magic power. If this is the case, though, it means Celestia is constantly pumping out high level magic and gives zero fucks.
  • You can look a pegacorn's hair for power like you would look at Brittany Spears' for drugs.

But seriously, "Woona, Luna, and Nightmare Moona" is quite possibly my favorite line from that video.
  • One other possibility is that it's an indicator of active, rather than passive, magic power. If this is the case, though, it means Celestia is constantly pumping out high level magic and gives zero fucks.
    Doesn't she have to do upkeep on barriers and such more or less constantly? I could see this theory working.
  • Do we ever see Celestia sleeping? That could tell us something.
  • Do we ever see Celestia sleeping? That could tell us something.
    I could only find two fanarts illustrating Celstia sleeping.
  • Re: Scott's bald head.

Did you ever notice how bald heads reflect the light like Scott's head does? And yet, it's hard to think of any other patch of skin that is quite that light reflective.

I wonder why?
  • Sebum, I imagine?