This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CAGE RAGE - The Nicolas Cage Film Review Podcast

Comments

• Tomorrow at noon. Got it. And, no, but I'll download it and watch it tonight.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2012
    Today, we've just finished recording our Knowing episode with Sonic. It is unbelievable how tangent heavy the whole thing is, but it makes for great material. Expect a release sometime next week (which is coincidentally when we will be recording our next episode).

Any takers on Peggy Sue Got Married?
    (You can netflix it, so no worries).
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2012
    We're not dead yet!

Finally! After almost half a year of ridiculous setbacks and unexpected catastrophes, the ordeal of a show that is the Knowing episode of Cage Rage (aka Nicolas Cage vs. Math) is FINALLY done. I apologize for how long it took to get this thing out (School, life, and other things got in the way) and I promise there will never be this long of a gap in between episodes ever again.

Besides that, I've got a quite a few new announcements to make.

1: We are now releasing a supplementary podcast that will go along with every future episode of Cage Rage (starting with Nicolas Cage vs. Math) known as "Cage Cutting Room Gems". It is essentially a place to store all the funny outtakes and overly long, yet good tangents that hurt the actual episode. Expect a great tangent about how Greek mythology is now present in the Marvel Universe (which I was previously unaware of).

2: We have also decided upon which movies we will be covering in episodes 4, 5, and 6. They are...

#4: Vampire's Kiss (aka Cage's Kiss) with special guest star DevilUKnow!

#5: Honeymoon in Vegas (aka Honeymoon in Cageas)

#6: The Wicker Man (aka AGGH NO, NOT THE BEES!!! AGGHGGGHHHH!!!! THEY'RE IN MY EYES!!!! WARGLE BARGLE BARGLE BARGLE)

Anybody want to be on any of these guest spots? Get 'em while they're hot!

3: One very important episode has a new guest star. Rym has told me personally that he will join both of us and GTvH (and hopefully one or more of the rest of his family) on "The Rock" episode.

That's it for now. Expect the actual episode up on Tuesday at the very least.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I can't remember which ones I had. Can you post the breakdown?

Make sure you're not taking on too many guests for each episode! Also, I would opt for "Vampire's Nic" as the title for the Vampire's Kiss episode. And perhaps "The Wicker Nic" for the Wicker Man episode. I watched that just recently (with the added benefit of seeing the weird UK TV edit), and I'd be willing to review it with you guys.
  • edited June 2012
    herp vanilla derp
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I prefer chocolate derp, myself.
  • I will opt to re-call Drive Angry. That shit be mine yo.
  • I will opt to re-call Drive Angry. That shit be mine yo.
    You and me, Justin. You and me.
  • That's fine, I'm willing to share.
  • edited June 2012
    #4: Vampire's Kiss (aka Cage's Kiss) with special guest star DevilUKnow!

Just tell me when and where.

Though I did think I'd signed up for Kiss of Death.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • You guys need to get Dave and Joel in on this.
  • edited June 2012
    That's fine, I'm willing to share.
    Go back to Febuary, page one of this thread. But the more the merrier, dude, I genuinely want you along on this one, if it's allowed.
    You guys need to get Dave and Joel in on this.
    Now THAT is an idea.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2012
    That's fine, I'm willing to share.
    Go back to Febuary, page one of this thread. But the more the merrier, dude, I genuinely want you along on this one, if it's allowed.
    You guys need to get Dave and Joel in on this.
    Now THAT is an idea.
    I'll ask Dave when I almost assuredly meet him at ConnectiCon (possibly even whilst imbibing alcoholic or similar beverages with him). However...I have to say that the prospect of having them on the podcast seems overwhelming. Mostly because their pod-fu is greater than mine (their whole podcast is TITLED as such).

Post edited by Geo on
  • Is he confirmed for CTcon?
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2012
    MY GOD! The episode is finally DONE!! After a year and a half of setbacks, it is finally here. Listen!

http://cageragenic.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/s1e1-knowing/
    Is he confirmed for CTcon?
    Rym himself told me that he has indeed been confirmed over Japanese dinner in NYC.

Post edited by Geo on
  • edited June 2012
    Guess what came out toooodaaaaaayyyyyyyyy~: http://geoffino040.podomatic.com/entry/2012-06-04T18_59_19-07_00

Damn it, ninja'd.

Also, I go to school in North Carolina, Matt, not South Carolina (just a note for the show notes).

Also also, my voice sounds very different when it's recorded. I actually kind of like it, as my voice is high pitched and kind of nasally in person.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Fair warning though. You all MUST read the text before the show notes. They are critical and provide context and understanding for something that occurs late into the podcast.
  • When the second recording cut in, I was like "oh man, this isn't that bad", but then I started talking.
  • When the second recording cut in, I was like "oh man, this isn't that bad", but then I started talking.
    Imagine what it was like to edit it...its worse than hearing it.
  • Okay guys, we're going to record the Wicker Man podcast on Monday in the early afternoon. Anyone want to be on the show?
  • The Cage Rage ain't dead, it's just been fermenting. This means we are bringing it back and we now need guests for every episode. We've realized that a guest-less show is not much fun at all and we need guests to bounce off of in order for it to work really well.

We will be coming back with a festive episode for the Holidays. It is for "Christmas Carol: The Movie" and it shall be titled...

Christmas with the Cage

Contact us through some way and tell us if you'd like to be a part of this episode.

• I believe I said I'd get in on this. Dependant on times I'm still up for this.
  • I'm still willing to do Kiss of Death. Gimme a time, place.
  • I will do any movie, just gimme the word.
  • I'm still down for doing Gone in 60 seconds.
  • I'm still down for Gone in 60 Seconds and Drive Angry. Car movies, man, it's my jam. Sonic and I are pretty good working with each other to boot - though to be fair, he does most of the work.
  • I'm still good for City of Angels and Season of the Witch.
  • I will do anything really.
  • I'm still on board for The Rock.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm still down for Gone in 60 Seconds and Drive Angry. Car movies, man, it's my jam. Sonic and I are pretty good working with each other to boot - though to be fair, he does most of the work.
    We play well off of each other.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on