This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080917 - Neon Genesis Evangelion

12346»

Comments

• Couldn't this just go in the thing of the day thread?
  • Couldn't this just go in the thing of the day thread?
    I don't do that thread.
  • In my most recent rewatch of Evangelion (just a few months ago), I would watch the episode then look up the episode in the EvaGeeks wiki. It has the same basic information as that image's summary.

Unrelatedly, I just yesterday discovered Petit Eva: Evangelion@School, a wordless series of CG shorts in super-deformed style.

Here's the first one. This uploader has all 24 episodes (with some language translation into Spanish, but following along won't be a problem). Some of them are quite bizarre, but that's kind of what I was expecting.

• Horse-Racing Ad
  • That Eva explanation:
  • I hadn't picked up on Asukas mom only being partially being absorbed into Eva-02.
    Unrelatedly, I just yesterday discovered Petit Eva: Evangelion@School, a wordless series of CG shorts in super-deformed style.

Here's the first one. This uploader has all 24 episodes (with some language translation into Spanish, but following along won't be a problem). Some of them are quite bizarre, but that's kind of what I was expecting.
    Yeah, after the first nine, they kinda ran out of ideas and just had crazy shit happen. I don't like those very much, but the first few are AWESOMENESS!
  • I hadn't picked up on Asukas mom only being partially being absorbed into Eva-02.
    Really? I thought that was made pretty clear in EoE.
    I knew Asukas mom was in there, but I didn't know it was only part. Details.
    Remember, I have the imported Japanese-to-Mandarin-to-English version of EoE. I might as well have not watched it.

She physically strangled Auska when Auska was young, AFTER the activation test for Eva-02. That's not even obscure side-works; that's directly mentioned in the series.
    She physically strangled Auska when Auska was young, AFTER the activation test for Eva-02. That's not even obscure side-works; that's directly mentioned in the series.
    Didn't think about it.
  • When did it say it was after the activation test?
  • When did it say it was after the activation test?
    When Asuka's going over her history.

It's possible that I'm mistaking the Manga for the anime, but I don't have my Eva discs handy. I'm pretty sure they say that she was a test pilot for Eva-02, and that she was driven insane by it (partially absorbed).