This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ohayocon January 5-7, Columbus OH.

edited November 2006 in Anime
Is anyone planning on going? I may go as I've yet to attend an anime con. Columbus is only a 2 hour drive.

Comments

• We went to Ohayocon 2 many years ago, it was not the greatest con, but it was our first anime con. We haven't gone back. I really don't know if you'll enjoy yourself there being an old guy.
  • See that's the kind of information I need. I remember questioning that here in the past. I suspect that while I watch anime and play games, I probably wouldn't fit into that environment anymore.
  • I can't speak for Ohayocon, since I've only been to one, and it was a long time ago. Recently, people have said good things about it, but I can say with certainty that Ohayocon 2 was the single word anime convention I have ever attended.
  • It was my first convention, and I'm still planning to go back to it. This'll be my 4th year there, I believe.
    Of course, I'm a huge anime fan, so it was right up my alley.
    2 years ago, they had a one of the largest dealer room's I've seen, so if you're looking for something anime-related, you'll probably find it there.
    Also, they have some nice events for the gaming section, which is fairly large. Many gaming tournaments are held there, mostly fighting games. There's also a tabletop gaming room if that's your kinda thing.
    I'd have to recommend it, there's plenty to do there regardless of where your fandom lies.
  • I'm thinking of going since its only about 2 hours away. My car though is in shambles at this point so I may go with someone if anyone goes around where I live. I'll check out the tabletop game room and maybe get a dominoes game going somewhere and see if i can get people to join in.
  • I can't speak for Ohayocon, since I've only been to one, and it was a long time ago. Recently, people have said good things about it, but I can say with certainty that Ohayocon 2 was the single word anime convention I have ever attended.

Otakon is a single word, too, you know.  Heck, so is Sitacon, and Katsucon.