This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Black Ops players get a big surprise.

edited November 2012 in Video Games
Mass Effect 2 somehow got onto the installation discs of Black Ops 2.

While this is pretty damn funny, there are also ramifications: the two franchises are owned by different companies.

Someone's gonna get fired. I feel sorry for the fall guy.

Comments

• This is...Fantastically terrible.

How that could happen is beyond me. Someone did something very, very stupid that likely involved pirating. Good work.
  • My assumption is that both games came from the same disc manufacturing/packaging facility, despite being from different publishers.
  • It's possible. Even still, quite the blunder. I do suppose the Mass Effect Trilogy just had a compilation released, so ME2 being printed onto discs is something that would be occurring right about now. However, this is still beyond silly.
  • Who uses physical media, anyway?
  • Man, companies outsource everything these days.
    Console gamers.

• edited November 2012
    Who uses physical media, anyway?
    Not we PC Gaming Übermensches.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Console gamers.

Yeah those dirty console playing peasants!
  • I actually want someone to do a study to see the relationship between console and class. PC gaming requires hardware upgrades more often than consoles, so I suspect it correlates with higher income, but I have no facts to base that on.
  • edited November 2012
    I actually want someone to do a study to see the relationship between console and class. PC gaming requires hardware upgrades more often than consoles, so I suspect it correlates with higher income, but I have no facts to base that on.
    While the initial outlay is higher, PC gaming doesn't require you to upgrade THAT often. Once you pay the initial outlay cost - which isn't that much more than a Console, even if you go for a beast - the rest of your incremental parts upgrades are going to be either equal or cheaper to what you're going to spend on a new console every few years anyway, depending on how you prefer to go down that path.*

*- based on exactly as many actual facts as your post, mostly just observation.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2012
    Imagine you are buying a launch day console, whatever day you choose to buy it, that will last you at least as long and you can use it to do other things.
    At present, we've hit a point where everyone isn't trying to make bigger, hotter graphics cards and games to heat them up so a mid-to-budget-range computer like mine is working fine.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Imagine you are buying a launch day console, whatever day you choose to buy it, that will last you at least as long and you can use it to do other things.
    At present, we've hit a point where everyone isn't trying to make bigger, hotter graphics cards and games to heat them up so a mid-to-budget-range computer like mine is working fine.
    I've read your post thrice now, and I can honestly not see what point you're trying to make, or even if you're making any specific point at all. Could you please elaborate?
  • You should probably see a doctor.
  • Imagine you are buying a launch day console, whatever day you choose to buy it, that will last you at least as long and you can use it to do other things.
    I've read your post thrice now, and I can honestly not see what point you're trying to make, or even if you're making any specific point at all. Could you please elaborate?
    He's adding to my point, expanding on the point that PC gaming isn't significantly more expensive, and adding that you can last quite a while on a mid-level rig that will cost about the same as a console at launch. He's also pointing out that we're not in that point of the cycle where everybody is bringing out new, significantly more powerful and expensive graphics cards, thus bringing down the price of upgrades at this point in the gaming cycle.
  • Shinies are becoming shinier at a slower rate, so your current, mid-range shiner will work good for longer.
  • I actually want someone to do a study to see the relationship between console and class. PC gaming requires hardware upgrades more often than consoles, so I suspect it correlates with higher income, but I have no facts to base that on.
    While your first blush suspicions make sense, the gaps are probably not as wide as you'd think. Don't forget that lower class people tend to spend all of their money on shiny luxuries as status symbols. Picture the neighborhoods of run down houses with souped up cars parked outside.
  • Down here it's not the whole car, it's just the massive rims.
  • Allow us to all picture poor people running down the street in massive rims, using them like hamster wheels. This is our Idiocracy future.
    At first I laughed at this until I realized that I do. For the rare cases when I want to buy a new(ish) game physical disk version is usually cheaper than download.

• Hey fuck you! Right now I can't afford a PC that actually can play games so I only HAVE console games to play!
  • Even consoles have Steam equivalents now, with Xbox Live and PSN.
    Last I checked their library rarely includes AAA games on release day.
    Last I checked their library rarely includes AAA games on release day.
    Actually, for the last month or so, PSN has been doing day 1 releases of AAA retail games. On PSN right now I can get AssCreed3, RE6, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, etc.
  • Oh, good. I've been waiting for either Microsoft or Sony to realize that's a good move.
  • MS does that too. And at least here, they're a bit cheaper than retail equivalents. New games at retail are usually 550, while they're 350 or 400 in the Xbox store.
  • Nintendo has been recently doing the same with its 3DS games. You can buy the digital version of certain titles through their store on the same day. You also get incentives through Club Nintendo to get more coins if you purchased it the digital copy vs. physical copy.
  • With the WiiU, they give you store-credit when you buy the console you can use to get a free game, and every purchase you do in the WiiU store gives you 10%(?) of the price as store credit, so if you but 10 games, you can get one for free. Or get a cheap indie game for free when you buy 3 or 4 retail games.
  • How well does downloading full games work with the tiny hard drives?
  • edited November 2012
    Expandable storage via SD Cards. The games are also fairly small. I have a ton of stuff stored on my 3DS and I'm not even close to filling up the included 2GB card.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2012
    BioWare upgrades the blunder from hilarious to spectacular.
    Post edited by Daikun on