This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I am currently playing Dark Souls, and it is a really hard game and very unforgiving (No Nintendo hard, but hard by current day standards), although, the game became easier once I started using the multiplayer feature built in the game, and started playing with friends, but even still, we aren't having an easy time.
  • I've got two main ships in Gimbal. One is essentially a mobile artillery platform with seven 120mm cannons linked to a turret slave master unit. I also have two flak cannons tied to a point defense CPU which automatically fires any slaved weapons at incomming missles. I can pretty much just sit behind the front and blast away while my ship takes care of any incoming munitions. It's awesome.
  • My ship with three large engines and just enough thruster power to turn would ram that ship into oblivion. Eventually. Or clog space with my corpses.
  • I've got two free invites to play Guild Wars 2 for free for Nov 15th thru 18th. Anybody interested?
  • edited November 2012
    Oh mans, Gimbal reminds me of that browser game where you had a 2d space ship and you could shoot off other people's parts and grab them. What was that called?

EDIT: Battleships Forever! That game was super fun.

EDIT2: Though that game is downloadable. I could have sworn there was a browser game with a very similar aesthetic and play style...

EDIT3: Found it! It's called Captain Forever, and I guess both games were based on an older game called Warning Forever.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I am currently playing Dark Souls, and it is a really hard game and very unforgiving (No Nintendo hard, but hard by current day standards), although, the game became easier once I started using the multiplayer feature built in the game, and started playing with friends, but even still, we aren't having an easy time.
    Feel free to ask for advice if you're having trouble with certain parts. Also, what platform/area/level? Oh, also also, you should join #darksouls (disguised as #geeknights on Foonetic, so that people will bitch at me even more for talking too much about Dark Souls =P
  • edited November 2012
    Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion is a fun little game, but I would really not suggest it to you unless you can deal with playing levels multiple times to find items to finish fetch quests. The music and sound design are pretty amazing, though.

Also, the fact that the B button is the jump button and A is the shoot button really screws me up. Seriously guys, you're going to try to change over 20 years of tradition on Nintendo consoles of A being jump and B being shoot? Really?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited November 2012
    So we're trying out Six Doctors for the Wii
    Post edited by Aria on
  • edited November 2012
    Recently beat To The Moon. It's a 4-hour RPG-maker game with decent gameplay (no actual RPG-ing, more like a click-and-point adventure), and an obnoxious straight-girl-funny-guy dynamic between the two main characters that takes me out of the game periodically through the first 45 minutes or so.

It's also got an amazing original soundtrack, mostly consisting of somber piano pieces, fleshed-out characters with very real personalities, discussions of many hard-hitting issues like marriage, loss, family, and others I don't want to bring up for fear of spoiling anything. Oh, and a story that can make a grown man cry more than once. Play this game.

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Just beat Starcraft 2 on normal.
  • Batman: AC is a little too open world, I find it hard to pay attention to the plot with all the distractions.
  • Journey is incredible.
  • On single player games side I've been playing Morrowind and Far Cry 3 lately.

Morrowind I've started few times but never gotten as into it as this time I have. I like it quite a lot. It's refreshing to play an open world game where you are not constantly following an arrow to your next destination. You have to actually follow given directions, sometimes ask around town, maybe use some money to loosen peoples tongues. I also like it how in Morrowind main quest has some break points where is is suitable and logical to go and do unrelated side stuff. Of course nothing stops me from goofing around while I should be doing some important quest, but I tend to focus on whatever I'm currently doing, finishing one quest at a time.

Because I heard some good things about it I decided to "try out" Far Cry 3 and it's actually pretty good. It's so much fun to hide in bushes, with bow and arrow, sniping pirates one by one. Or hunt some wildlife in forest. Or encounter a tiger and realize that arrow in the face just makes it angry. Or to stumble upon little scenes that happen around the map all the time. Like once I heard some gunfire behind a hill and I thought it might be my bros rebels fighting against pirates, but when I climbed over the hill I saw last pirate from group of pirates fighting against a giant bird that seemed to be last of it's group too. The bird won. Then I shot it and used it's skin to make be bigger wallet.
  • Finally got back to Bastion and beat it. The final decision was a bit tough, but man what a great game.
  • edited December 2012
    I still listen to Bastion's OST every once in a while. Truly excellent music.

I finally got around to getting Civ V and Gods and Kings. I started playing thinking that I would just play through the tutorial to see what was different; ten hours later I looked up, surprised to see the sun rising. O lovely Civ, it has been too long since you've let me time travel.
    Post edited by Icenrose on
  • Batman: AC is a little too open world, I find it hard to pay attention to the plot with all the distractions.
    Just beat down the story missions. Everything else remains available after you finish it.
  • edited December 2012
    Holy shit. Journey. I got the Collector's Edition, so I get cool extras if concept art and soundtrack.

After finishing Bastion tonight then going onto Journey, I probably had one of the most profound nights in gaming. It was a truly exceptional night of feels. I cried at the end of both games.

@Icenrose, I love the Bastion soundtrack as well. So happy I purchased it at PAX before even playing the game.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited December 2012
    So for those who have played Journey and are wondering about that final song:

The lyrics and translations are in the description. I really love how it took lines from classic pieces of literature from all over the world in it's original language. Reading the lyrics and translations just makes the game that much better for me.

I played a second time through today and a few minutes in, I was in an area of buildings and exploring. After making a chime, I was immediately ported to the Snow level. It was weird. I skipped all the other areas. Is that supposed to happen?

I plan on playing this game several more times through as well as checking out flOW and Flower by thatgamecompany.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ro, that place is the chapter select area. It's really nice how they integrated everything to make a no-menu, no-HUD game.
  • Pokemon SoulSilver and Halo 4 campaign on legendary.
  • I'm moving between Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3, Planetside 2, and Dishonored at random intervals.
  • You guys need to get into chivalry. It's pretty fresh.
  • edited December 2012
    The Rhythm Thief demo is the first demo I've played in recent memory that has convinced me to buy a game I wouldn't have otherwise. Thing is, supposedly it's coming out for iOS for free so there might not be much point in shelling out $30 for the 3DS version.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Played some more 3DS Layton last night. Otherwise Walking Dead is complete and still playing BL2 off and on.
  • Beat Ilomilo on my windows phone. I wasn't expecting to be doing much gaming on the phone anymore, but while the game selection is limited, it's actually tied into Xbox Live, so you can download a bunch of XBLA games. Ilomilo was a great puzzle game, one of the best I've played in recent memory. Next phone game to play is Pac Man CE DX.
  • Saints Row is... very Saints Row.

I kind of like it.
  • Saints Row is... very Saints Row.

I kind of like it.
    The moment I base-jumped out of a helicopter, into a party, through a skylight with Kanye west's "Power" playing was the moment I fell in love with that game.

• The moment I base-jumped out of a helicopter, into a party, through a skylight with Kanye west's "Power" playing was the moment I fell in love with that game.
    That is one fine mission.
  • Sleeping Dogs is so sick
  • Plague, Inc. on the iPad is an awesome game. A bit more depth than the plague flash games, and quite replayable.

My favorite bit is when I win a game (by obliterating the human race to the point where the last few dregs of humanity choose suicide over a bloody death). I always go "Yay! ...oh, now I feel terrible." because, y'know, killing the world.