This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Like, 15 minutes.
    Like, half an hour.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Like, I watched a bunch of Adventure Time instead, and now I'm going to sleep. =P
  • edited November 2012
    I watched a bunch of Adventure Time instead
    All is forgiven.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2012
    I watched a bunch of Adventure Time instead
    All is forgiven.
    Yeah. I hope you know I was just kidding around.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • OK, it's new and improved.

1. Bots are much more dangerous than before
    2. Competitive settings all on except matchtime (so, short matches are the way of the day).
  • Might tag in for some rounds to night then, give it a whirl and shit.
  • Just curious, does the API let you schedule different map types during the day?
  • Nope.

I can't find any good CS:GO community maps yet. Sticking to the defaults for now. I'm leaving Dust2 in there as well, since with the shorter matches (15 rounds), it won't be too terrible.
  • fy_icyworld
  • Err sorry I meant game types but I assume the answer is still the same
  • I think I'll pop in for a bit now.
  • I'll be on for a bit once I'm done with deliveries, in about 45 minutes.
  • I may as well.
  • I kinda should go to bed, but as I don't have any classes tomorrow I could join you people also.
  • Aw, nobody there. Okay, I vastly underestimated how bad traffic was gonna be, but still. I'll check on it periodically through the day.
  • I guess I have to schedule a time for all you kids to join at once. ;^)
  • I'll try to pop in every so often this week also. My car has been acting up recently so I have less time.

• RymRym
    edited November 2012
    I have a few hundred GB of HD video to sort through and edit. ;^) That RFE I uploaded is only the tiniest snatch of what we've done. This limits my ability to play for long stretches.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It's no big, man. Time-zones and shit, it's a pain in the ass.
  • I'm going to play tonight. Once CS:GO updates, which should be in about 3 minutes.
  • Where do I enter the geeknights.game.nfoservers.com address to connect to the server? Am I being totally stupid here?
  • Where do I enter the geeknights.game.nfoservers.com address to connect to the server? Am I being totally stupid here?
    I had that same problem, got scared, ate some ice cream and went to bed.

• edited November 2012
    There are a few ways. One way is to manually add the server as a favorite in the steam server browser.

The easiest way is to use the console. Make sure that the console is enabled in your advanced control settings. Then press ` to open the console. That's the key on the keyboard with the ~ on it, not '. FYI, it is usually known as a a back-tick or a grave.

Then in the console type the following command and press enter.

connect geeknights.game.nfoservers.com

You can also create a desktop shortcut that will start launch the game and connect to the server immediately.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Cheers I sort it out when I get in and play some rounds, and by play some rounds I mean lose to the bots.
  • I would say the favorites is easier. You put in the server and you click save and it's there forever.
  • I would say the favorites is easier. You put in the server and you click save and it's there forever.
    I've had favorites disappear on me.
  • There are a few ways. One way is to manually add the server as a favorite in the steam server browser.

The easiest way is to use the console. Make sure that the console is enabled in your advanced control settings. Then press ` to open the console. That's the key on the keyboard with the ~ on it, not '. FYI, it is usually known as a a back-tick or a grave.

Then in the console type the following command and press enter.

connect geeknights.game.nfoservers.com

You can also create a desktop shortcut that will start launch the game and connect to the server immediately.
    I can't find the server in the steam server browser, and the console thing simply fails and takes me back to the main menu. That's annoying, as I can only open the console within the game, not the main menu. I guess I'll just play on other servers until the geeknights server comes back online. Or until someone comes up with a working way to connect. Like, what is the server called in the list, rather than the address?
  • If you set the dropdown box for server location in the server browser to US east, and add the port on the end, geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015, it should bring it up - that worked for me, at least.
  • I think I had to do something like that as well.
  • If you set the dropdown box for server location in the server browser to US east, and add the port on the end, geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015, it should bring it up - that worked for me, at least.
    Where am I meant to be entering "geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015"? In the console? In the server browser? Where can I just search for that server?