This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I'm not sure that setting the server location in the server browser is strictly necessary, but hey, can't hurt can it?
    If you set the dropdown box for server location in the server browser to US east, and add the port on the end, geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015, it should bring it up - that worked for me, at least.
    Where am I meant to be entering "geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015"? In the console? In the server browser? Where can I just search for that server?
    Shit, sorry mate, I didn't say properly how I did it - I used it to directly add the server to my favorites. Under the favorites tab in the server browser, there is an "Add a server" button, just chuck that whole bit you put in quotes right in there, and it should add it to your favorites for easy access.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks!
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • The Steam Browser doesn't seem to see all servers. I haven't really investigated too much yet. The server is just called "GeekNights Official."

I just went to Favorites and manually added the server. I've never in my life had a "favorite" server disappear unless the server itself went down and never came back up.
  • Holy shit, these bots are terrible.
  • Holy shit, these bots are terrible.
    I didn't want to scare away forumites just yet. It makes for fun when there are only a few human players jumping in to bots as they die.

The bots will up their difficulty automatically if they contribute too much to the win/kill rates.

They will also ALWAYS defer to humans for goals. So, if there is even one human alive, they will almost always NOT plant the bomb or defuse. They'll secure the area, but won't actually do it unless the human is very far away or dead.

I'll up them again once the server is more rockin.
  • What do you press for bot-jumping-into?

I didn't need it as I was always the last player on my team alive. As the only player on the terrorist side, I always had the bomb. The bomb went off every time I planted it due to the counter-terrorists being stupid.
  • What do you press for bot-jumping-into?

I didn't need it as I was always the last player on my team alive. As the only player on the terrorist side, I always had the bomb. The bomb went off every time I planted it due to the counter-terrorists being stupid.
    It says on the screen what to press for bot-jumping-into.
  • I'll play some tonight. I'll try to schedule a few games where some people will definitely be around as well: more people means more fun. ;^)

I could up the bots, but that will make them better than most of the forumites in the short term.
  • I'll play some tonight. I'll try to schedule a few games where some people will definitely be around as well: more people means more fun. ;^).
    I shall post on here when I'm going to tag in then, it would be cool to play some games with people I psudo know.
  • I'm going to watch some shows for about 45 minutes or so. Then I will shower, and then the virtual shooting gallery.
  • ugh, gotta figure out where to bind my crouch key, Crtl doesn't cut it...maybe Z
  • shift brah
  • shift brah
    Shift is for walking.

• I played for a few rounds, was fun, albeit brief. Pegu got me good, but I managed to do alright generally.
  • screw walking
  • screw walking
    Yea, moving without making any kind of sound is totally useless. Who needs that anyways?
  • Here are instructions for the GUI method:

1) Start CS:GO
    2) Browse Community Servers
    3) Favorites Tab
    4) Add a Server (bottom right button)
    5) type geeknights.game.nfoservers.com in the box
    6) Add this to favorites

Done
  • screw walking
    Yea, moving without making any kind of sound is totally useless. Who needs that anyways?
    Obviously you've never played counterstrike.
  • heh it also is funny because I've been playing Deus Ex, so I keep thinking I can take cover and push up against walls which doesn't work in CS.....obviously.
  • edited November 2012
    Had a few good rounds, but apparently my housemate started torrenting some shit, and my connection turned to butter, so I had to stop. Fuckin' good fun, though. Scott is good, Rym is marginally better. I'm bad, but I do not feel bad.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That was fun. Also, let the post-hoc trash talk (mostly against Scott) show itself.

• Well it's easy to get kills when you play against team target practice.
  • You didn't see the game I won on regular dust when it was just me and apsup. Not all maps are equally in my wheelhouse.
  • Well it's easy to get kills when you play against team target practice.
    I could up the bots. I might at some point. ;^)
  • edited November 2012
    You didn't see the game I won on regular dust when it was just me and apsup. Not all maps are equally in my wheelhouse.
    To be fair Scott showed some impressive P90 usage on Dust. I was like "Was that a speck of dust moving across my screen?" Nope, it was Scott, headshotting me with P90 from other side of the map.

Also, yes maps matter. Vertigo has lots of mid and close range combat and that's only range where I can even hit anybody. Long range battles I win pretty much only with luck.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • edited November 2012
    For some reason, it would occasionally show me "FRC Apreche", but with Rym's pony avatar. Go figure.

Also, I got dumb for a bit, and decided to keep doing the same thing to try and catch Rym out - he got me every time. Normally, if it's dumb and it works, it ain't dumb, but...

I'm just happy I took both Rym and Scott down a few times. I'll call that a result.
    Post edited by Churba on

• Also, I got dumb for a bit, and decided to keep doing the same thing to try and catch Rym out - he got me every time. Normally, if it's dumb and it works, it ain't dumb, but...
    I was waiting for the progression of:

1. Figuring out where I was coming from
    2. Trying to camp me.
    3. Getting flashed trying to camp me. ;^)

• Also, I got dumb for a bit, and decided to keep doing the same thing to try and catch Rym out - he got me every time. Normally, if it's dumb and it works, it ain't dumb, but...
    I was waiting for the progression of:

1. Figuring out where I was coming from
    2. Trying to camp me.
    3. Getting flashed trying to camp me. ;^)
    You never actually got me with the flash, surprisingly - every time I heard the tink of the grenade hitting things, I stepped out or turned away(which isn't ideal, but it'll do). And I also never did more than singe you a little with the firebottles, either.

• Protip: ignore fire and just fucking run over it. I pretend it isn't there, and usually actually charge through it.
  • Protip: ignore fire and just fucking run over it. I pretend it isn't there, and usually actually charge through it.
    Oh, I know. But I'll take literally any advantage I can get, and if it dings you a little, that'll do.