This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• Protip: ignore fire and just fucking run over it. I pretend it isn't there, and usually actually charge through it.
    Now that they removed the slowing effect of the fire that can be taken as a good(ish) advice.

• That was fun. Also, let the post-hoc trash talk (mostly against Scott) show itself...
    In the one match I played, the final ranking on the shit team was me, a bot, and then Scott. I have played CS, all flavors combined, for a total of 60 hours now. Unfortunately my much, much greater experience with NS means that when I panic I do quick sprays, which as a marine meant I could kill one or two skulks before going down most times, but in CS means I just die.

Let's do this again some time. And I'll be on Apsup's team.
  • CS messes up my NS and NS messes up my CS. I'm trying to balance the two to up my overall "game." It's difficult.

Skulks fuck me up... Still...
  • It was fun tonight it started with just Pegu and I and then Churba and a few other joined a bit later. I died a lot but I also got a few kills in mixed with a bomb plant or two.
  • I died a lot - as per usual - but I had one really ace round that I feel I can be proud of. UsrName and Pegu are pretty good at what they do, which is shootin' dudes.
  • edited November 2012
    I think you were being pretty hard on yourself Churba. Your ping was constantly a quarter second and I've done plenty worse on <100 ping servers. You're great for an inexperienced player a world away. I've put several hundred hours into counterstrike.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited November 2012
    I think you were being pretty hard on yourself Churba. Your ping was constantly a quarter second and I've done plenty worse on <100 ping servers. You're great for an inexperienced player a world away. I've put several hundred hours into counterstrike.</p>
    Naw, it's okay. I'm being hard on myself because A)It motivates me want to work harder to correct it, and B)when I play locally, I'm in the top five pretty consistently, so I figure that's a goal to aim for. I'll get better. It's okay.

Seriously, Ask the breakfast club - The idea that I'm bad and/or the worst at video games - admittedly with a fair bit of hyperbole at times - is one of my more common refrains. If I don't just stop playing completely, like I did with Tribs Abscond, then you can be assured that it's not really a problem.

Inexperienced is a bit much, I've got plenty of hours together over the years, but I'll certainly cop to not playing as often as I should or could. Before CS:GO, I probably hadn't played more than a round or two in more than five years.

Edit - Though I will admit, it's more than a little frustrating when, for example, I hit someone square a few times with the sawed off or MAG7, or unload half/whole magazine into them, and they don't go down - which happens far more than I'd like. That's a little annoying, but it's not unusual, it happens in a lot of games.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Inexperienced is a bit much, I've got plenty of hours together over the years, but I'll certainly cop to not playing as often as I should or could. Before CS:GO, I probably hadn't played more than a round or two in more than five years.
    My bad. I was just going from your steam profile which shows just under 11 hours. I shouldn't presume to know your level of experience when it may be insulting.
  • Inexperienced is a bit much, I've got plenty of hours together over the years, but I'll certainly cop to not playing as often as I should or could. Before CS:GO, I probably hadn't played more than a round or two in more than five years.
    My bad. I was just going from your steam profile which shows just under 11 hours. I shouldn't presume to know your level of experience when it may be insulting.
    Oh, It's no trouble. We're all so used to steam nowdays that I'd have made the exact same mistake - Most of my time was in charmingly dodgey internet cafes and impromptu lans on borrowed computers. You had no way of knowing, it would be silly to be bothered about that.
  • Well I certainly gave those bots a run for their money and thats no mistake! I also feel bad for the one person that cropped up when playing as I hadn't figured out what talk was for most of the game. The only way we could comunicate was through bullets.
  • Think I might be dropping in from time to time. Just got CS:GO and am downloading now. Used to play 1.6 quite a bit back in the day but skipped source.

Call sign will be GroverBomb. See y'all around.
  • I may well join later tonight for a bit. Depends on how things go with some video editing!
  • I'll be on tomorrow, I'm pretty sure.
  • Well I certainly gave those bots a run for their money and thats no mistake! I also feel bad for the one person that cropped up when playing as I hadn't figured out what talk was for most of the game. The only way we could comunicate was through bullets.
    "Advance!" he says, and Amps is at the back writing OK on the wall in bullet holes.

I might be on later, I'm not sure.
  • Ah, this might be what I need to log some more CS:GO hours. Keep dust (1). It's a favorite of mine.
    "Advance!" he says, and Amps is at the back writing OK on the wall in bullet holes.

I might be on later, I'm not sure.
    It was something like that. Glorious charges would be planed and debated through bobbing and bullet morse code.

What time are people normally on? Now I can talk the world is mine!
  • I want some evening-in-Europe play time, not hours-after-midnight-in-Europe play time.
  • I want some evening-in-Europe play time, not hours-after-midnight-in-Europe play time.
    I second this!

I second this!

Maybe us cool European folk can arange a time and get the game on? Friday or Saterday evening maybe?
  • I'm going to play a bit now, and then some this evening between 8-9pm Berlin time. Tomorrow? Give me a time, and I'll see what I can do.
  • Ill try to be on around then, Im in uni at the moment but tonight mayeb. Yeah Ill post something up so we can try to sort a get together.
  • Anyone about?
  • Would people be up for some round at say 8 oclock UK time?
  • Probably.
  • I'll be out for dinner then, but maybe I can be online at about 9-10 GMT. And I might pop on now, as I have a free half hour.
  • Sounds a good plan! Ill hopefully be on for a while baring any problems.
  • I am trying to get out of work soonish. If I do, once I clean a few things up at home, it's on!
  • Whelp looks like I'm going to die a lot this evening. I certainly gave those bots a run for their money whilst it lasted though.
  • One interesting way to play is to have the bots on derp mode and go 2v2 humans. Then you're jumping into bots as you die, and there's a dynamic of hunting and killing bots to deny the other humans their "extra lives."
  • nooooooo. I got through 8 games in a row without dying yesterday. The bots are already derpy enough.