This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• Oh, I'm not making that change: don't worry.

If I change anything today, it'll be to switch to hostage maps for a while.
  • Good the bots and I have reached an understanding. It took some bribes but they now only occasionally shoot me.
  • I've never played hostage maps. I've been enjoying the Arms Race maps though. Monastery is really good fun.
  • I could name the bots and give them individual difficulties...
  • In fact. We'll do a tournament some time before the end of the year. Winning team gets to name one of the bots permanently.
  • This is the drive that I needed to get better.
  • Bot_ScrymSucks
  • Bot_ScrymSucks
    Win the tournament and that's it. ;^)

Bot_\__8===D__Sail___/
  • Anyone coming on? So far I have beaten Robert Mugabe and someone who's name I did not catch up jumped a lot.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm coming to play now!

EDIT: where is everyone?
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • hah just poped out im going in!
  • Did you change the bots or was I just shit at the start there?
  • I see people are playing. I will try to join in a little bit.
  • I just finished. Time for bed!

I can't believe how badly I played on that last Dust map. I decided to use sniper rifles, and got zero kills. At the end I switched to AK47 and got three kills in a single round. I think I better stick with that until I'm back to playing bots.
  • Had a good run for a while held my own, save for murdering one of my own team. My skills need polishing however, much polish, so back on tomorrow night.
  • Same here I'm extending too far out and getting mobbed.
  • Popping on now for a couple of hours if people are up for some.
  • Maybe in a bit.
  • Time to kick ass! Anyone with me?
  • Due to the FRC server being empty, and the bots pretty dull to play against, I've been rocking out with Arms Race. I've not won a game yet, but I've got to knife a few times. On the last match I was killed by the knife guy on the other team, and he got the "Knife on Knife" achievement, which was pretty cool.

Monastery cool. Shoots fast and fun. Baggage? Fuck Baggage. It seems that everyone on the Arms Race servers agree.
  • Monastery cool. Shoots fast and fun. Baggage? Fuck Baggage. It seems that everyone on the Arms Race servers agree.
    For me it's complete opposite. Monastery; fuck it, Shoots; what ever, Baggage; Oh yea!

• I agree with Luke. Baggage is way too tiny and open.
  • I agree with Luke. Baggage is way too tiny and open.
    For me that's good thing for the map. In Arms Race I want lots of fast encounters with the enemy. In Baggage that is easy it never takes long to spot potential target. On the other hand Monastery is large and has lots of different corners and hole for people to hide in, so sometimes you wander on the streets not catching a single enemy when you are suddenly sniped from rooftop mile away. Also I'm not too fond of the asymmetry of Monastery, in other AR maps it doesn't matter for me which side I'm on, but in Monastery I vastly prefer begin CT.

• Bought CS:GO. Haven't played a online FPS since Quake 2, so I'm sure this is going to be a strange experience.
  • Can we have some Demolition rounds? I love they way the Demolition maps are designed. They've got a really solid architectural sensibility that you just don't see in the older CS maps.
  • I really, REALLY don't like demolition mode.
  • Arms Race before Demolition, please. Demolition (the few games I've played of it) combines the best of Arms Race and normal defuse play and somehow becomes a game that is the least fun to play.
  • Question it had been the best part of a decade since I last played CS before the recent iteration are we going to see any more maps or just these ones? I seem to remember there being a cool one of hostage rescue in a house.
  • Question it had been the best part of a decade since I last played CS before the recent iteration are we going to see any more maps or just these ones? I seem to remember there being a cool one of hostage rescue in a house.
    It's CS. There will always be more maps forever and ever.
  • Believe me, as soon as the standard community maps get remade, I am putting them up. Militia and Assault are some of my favorite maps!