This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New MySpace

edited December 2012 in Technology
It's pretty fucking sweet. And I've got a handful of invites. Who wants em?

Comments

• I'll take one! Thanks!
  • I'd like one, if you don't mind.
  • Sure, why not?
  • What are the big changes?
  • edited December 2012
    I'll take one if you've got it still, Sonic. Thanks!
    What are the big changes?
    It has nothing in common with the original, so it isn't really possible (or relevant) to directly answer this question.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • If there are some left, sure, why not?
  • Oh what the hell, I'll give it a try.
  • I want one, too!
  • looks very metro
  • If you have any more, I'd like one.
  • I WOU--
    Sorry, still in caps from how much cannot unsee was in the pony thread. I would gladly accept such generosities.
  • edited December 2012
    I thought it was called Facebook.

EDIT: I just watched the video. Ha ha! That's cute. Trying to think they're still relevant, like they're the next Facebook even though they'll always be nothing more than the previous one.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • It actually looks more like the meth-baby of Tumblr and Twitter than what Facebook is these days.
  • edited December 2012
    Alright, Ninjarabbi, Banta, Ampersand, and Eryn, message me your email addresses so I can send out the invites.
    The rest of you, sorry, but that's all I got. Hit those folks up for invites once they unlock for them.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I thought it was called Facebook.

EDIT: I just watched the video. Ha ha! That's cute. Trying to think they're still relevant, like they're the next Facebook even though they'll always be nothing more than the previous one.
    Thing is, it doesn't really compete with Facebook at all. It's more like a very social Spotify, and profiles are musically-oriented rather than a more general social networking profile. It's kind of Spotify meets Last.fm with a hundred times better interface. I'm really loving it so far.
  • I have invites now, PM me for one.
  • Can I get one?
  • You need to send me your emails, guys.
  • can I have one wat is email
  • It's still very beta. The website was designed for mobile shit. It's very awkward navigating on a real computer. I'm sure that will be fixed with time. Besides that, it's pretty cool at first glance. Victim of Metcaf's, but that's just a matter of time, and Your Heart Breaks is already on there, so I like it.
  • Sorry for double post, but I like how, when you're listening to a song, it gives you options for other radio "stations" that fit that song.
  • edited February 2016
    Time Inc. acquires MySpace

Because it's still, you know, profitable.
    Post edited by Daikun on