This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• AmpAmp
    edited November 2012
    Sweet, sweet. The current maps are ok but I sort of want a bit more variety.

Edit; I also would love to change my avatar to something better, maybe Predator Arne or something like that.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • We'll definitely see more official maps in CS:GO. Remember that TF2 originally only had 6 maps.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_maps
  • AmpAmp
    edited December 2012
    Anyone up for some games tonight? Around 9:30 UK till late, cus its Saturday night and we be crizzle.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • edited December 2012
    I really, REALLY don't like demolition mode.
    Arms Race before Demolition, please. Demolition (the few games I've played of it) combines the best of Arms Race and normal defuse play and somehow becomes a game that is the least fun to play.
    I can't entirely disagree, but the maps are so cool. I get off on good level design more than anything when it comes to games. Maybe I'll just have to start making custom maps in that style for other modes.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited December 2012
    I can't entirely disagree, but the maps are so cool. I get off on good level design more than anything when it comes to games. Maybe I'll just have to start making custom maps in that style for other modes.
    I didn't even know that Demolition has it's own maps. Every time I've played it (twice) I've just gotten normal maps.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • A few of the Demolition maps (shorttrain, for example) are smaller versions of regular CS maps.
  • I'm adding Westwood to the rotation as soon as I get a chance.

Been having some good games on the Server, though I play about half the time now on a clan server wherein there are good people and good times. I will add the IP/name of that one to the top post of the thread when I get home.

I'm enjoying the short games (15 rounds tops) and rapid map rotation, so I plan to keep the server that way. It's refreshing to play competitive mode for shorter games: I'm bored with one-side 30 round matches as is the norm out there in the wild.

Any other community maps I should load up ins?
  • Found a good crosshair generator if anyone is interested.

http://www.krisskarbo.com/csgocrosshair/
  • edited December 2012
    I think it's down.

Nope, it's back.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • I think it's down.

Nope, it's back.
    Maintenance restart.

• We need a Bat-Signal for when someone wants to play. I'd like to hit this up, but I don't want to sit around shooting bots until someone comes along.
  • edited December 2012
    We need a Bat-Signal for when someone wants to play. I'd like to hit this up, but I don't want to sit around shooting bots until someone comes along.
    Another solution would be to schedule matches in advance.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited December 2012
    Team Windrammer is go. Join me.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • edited December 2012
    Will join in shortly.

Or it wont let me connect, that's cool.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • It's outputting an error to the console that I had earlier when I had difficulty with my own server.
  • CS:GO just updated so I can't connect.
  • Rym, update the shit.
  • Rym isn't home, has a life. I wouldn't expect an update until tomorrow, probably after GeekNights.
  • The server will update when the automatic restart/update happens in an hour or so.
  • edited December 2012
    I'm going to be on for about 2hrs.

Edit: I'm not able to connect to the server.
    Post edited by usrName on
  • I am on now if people want in.
  • I'll join in if other people want to play.
  • I plan to play tonight before, after (and possibly during) my date with Friday Night Party Line.
  • Should be on myself ~7pm maybe earlier.
  • Tired to join seems something is up

"server requires lobby reservation but is unreserved. "
  • Hmm... Will investigate.
  • I R joining soon after possibly restarting server.
  • edited December 2012

Connecting to public(66.150.121.108:27015) ...
    552.108: Sending UDP connect to public IP 66.150.121.108:27015
    Server using 'public' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0
    RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address 66.150.121.108:27015
    Server approved grace request...
    Retrying connection to 66.150.121.108:27015, server requires lobby reservation but is unreserved.
    Received game details information from 66.150.121.108:27015...
    [MM] Sending reservation request to 66.150.121.108:27015
    [MM] Sending reservation request to 66.150.121.108:27015
    ] condump

I'll try back in a hour.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Seems to be a common bug suddenly on many servers, with vague voodoo answers on how to fix it.
  • Seems to be a common bug suddenly on many servers, with vague voodoo answers on how to fix it.
    Same. I'm eager for some CS tonight.