This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What have you bought recently?

Comments

• That sounds dirty.
  • edited December 2012
    BuckyBall liquidation sale! 50% off all sets using the promo code up top. The ultimate stocking stuffer. Who doesn't like magnets!?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • BuckyBall liquidation sale! 50% off all sets using the promo code up top. The ultimate stocking stuffer. Who doesn't like magnets!?
    I just bought four of the 125 packs...
  • BuckyBalls suck. You can't make anything with them. Zen magnets are the good ones.
  • Just bought Characteristics of Games on Amazon, finally.
  • If you like those two books, check out Dogs and Demons: Tales from the Dark Side of Japan. (http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Demons-Tales-Dark-Japan/dp/0809039435/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355340391&sr=1-1&keywords=dogs+and+demons). An interesting and not-often told viewpoint about Japan.
    Ooh, interesting. I still have Tokyo Vice sitting on my bookshelf unread. So many books. So little time.
    The two things I've bought recently. A Ruger Single Six .22 revolver and a Nexus 4. Been a pricey month for my geekeries.
  • Lucky you! I ordered my Nexus 4 after the sellout with no ship date.
  • edited December 2012
    Bought some Satanic socks (via Flying Coffin):

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited December 2012
    Double post
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited December 2012
    Double post
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Just picked up a Kershaw Shallot With the "blactical" coating for $25 at a local junk store. Haven't had a chance to use it much but its real sharp and switchbladey, so I'm sure I'll get some use out of it. I can see why Ken Onion knives are well-received.
  • I really wanted to get some Soc Socks for some of my friends but I can't actually buy anything through the site and the emails all bounce. :(
  • dawn of war complete series for $10 on steam. WAAAAUUUGH!
  • edited December 2012
    GoProBlack

Used up all my giftcards but can't wait to use it. Wanted to get some snowstorm footage but that will need to wait till tomorrow. Good on gopro to have a backup server for updating the camera with the amazon outage.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • I am SO jealous right now.
  • Bought a black WiiU last night. That is one gorgeous piece of electronics right there and I was genuinely surprised at how light the Gamepad is.
  • Just got shipment notification for my Nexus 4.
  • We got a massive gift card to Williams-Sonoma. I think we are going to buy this:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/magimix-glass-vision-toaster/?pkey=ctoasters-ovens&;
  • That's an awful lot of money for a toaster with some glass on the side.
  • Yes but don't you see, you can watch the toast brown through the miracle of science.
  • Journey Art Book that's currenly 20% off. It's freaking awesome.

There is also some pretty cool augmented reality stuff when you use the companion app. It plays music from the soundtrack as you use it.

There is also some really awesome fan art in the back, including GaMERCaT's comic about it.

I plan on reading this book while listening to the soundtrack. The book also came with a code for a free copy of the OST, but it's only for US and Canada residents. Sorry, Omar. :(

Perhaps, I'll give it away as an ATW9K contest or whatever.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2012
    Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Guys, the Nausicaä Deluxe Hardcover, 2 Volume Manga box set is so pretty and beautiful. It is the exact treatment that a masterpiece such as Nausicaä deserves.

The best part? It's only 37 dollars! That is a steal for something like this which is worth about seventy dollars.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Guys, the Nausicaä Deluxe Hardcover, 2 Volume Manga box set is so pretty and beautiful. It is the exact treatment that a masterpiece such as Nausicaä deserves.

The best part? It's only 37 dollars! That is a steal for something like this which is worth about seventy dollars.
    Yeah, I bought this myself a week or so ago and it's beautiful.

• Bought a Chromebook. The Samsung one.
  • Finally took the plunge, bought a Nexus 7. Kind of pricey, but I think it's going to be worth it.
  • Used iTunes gift card money to buy the Django Unchained soundtrack. It is

wait for it

...off the chain.

/tomatoes. tomatoes everywhere.
  • Nexus 7 is here and it's quite sexah
  • Just ordered a Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara 2 last night when I noticed amazon dropped the price to $16. Its basically the poor mans Endura and it uses the same blade steel as the Tenacious and its brethren so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.