This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Presents Utena: ep02

edited December 2012 in GeekNights

GeekNights Presents: Utena
Episode 02

Episode two - Why They Fight - sees a second duel, gives us some insight into the Student Council, and introduces the true core of the plot: what is Utena to this system of "duels" for the "Rose Bride," and what does her arrival here at Ohtori Academy mean?

Source Link

Comments

• I expected some mention to the fact that Utena screams "Grant me the power to bring the world revolution!" when pulling the sword out of Anthy, even though she knows nothing about any revolution and is surely not fighting for that.

Great chapter otherwise. I say don't worry about the lenght, they actually leave me wanting more.
  • edited December 2012
    The stuff about the different ages of the earth in the song being shattered like the world's shell never occurred to me for some reason! Good catch. Also I cracked up at Rym's use of the term "super awesome special besto people". It's quite apt.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I expected some mention to the fact that Utena screams "Grant me the power to bring the world revolution!" when pulling the sword out of Anthy, even though she knows nothing about any revolution and is surely not fighting for that.
    She did hear Saionji yell it in episode 1, but there's little conscious reason for her to repeat it.
  • edited December 2012
    Nozomi Entertainment/Right Stuf is streaming the first 12 episodes of Utena on Youtube until February 4th, 2013.

*subbed
    Post edited by GeorgeC. on