This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How many have gone back and listened to every episode?

edited September 2007 in GeekNights
HAZZAH! Finally. It took 2 and a half months, but I did it. I've now gone back and listened to every GeekNight episodes (including the rare experimental feed, but not including the pre-alpha episodes that are supposedly hidden somewhere still on the web according to Rym). Rym had hinted at the fact I'm not the only one that's done this, as he stated all the old episodes are still constantly hit. My commute now is going to be much quieter now that I'm done.

So on that note, two things:

1) How many people have actually gone back and released to everything? People who listened from the start, although you get huge points... don't count. You didn't have to go back and catch up. (Although you can definitly chime in).

2) Any hints to where one might find the alpha episodes? Purely out of cat curiosity. (I'm sure I'm not the only one)

Comments

• I only had about a month and a half of shows to catch up on so it wasn't too bad ~_^

• 1) How many people have actually gone back and released to everything? People who listened from the start, although you get huge points... don't count. You didn't have to go back and catch up. (Although you can definitly chime in).
    The number of people who have listened to everything is equal to the number of listeners with mental problems.
    2) Any hints to where one might find the alpha episodes? Purely out of cat curiosity. (I'm sure I'm not the only one)
    If you understand how the Internets works, it shouldn't be too hard.
  • edited September 2007
    Listened to every episode, been in one. But I, being a true FRC person, don't really count.

I'm still waiting to be invited to talk about my area of expertise. While I do love food, I'm hardly known for my cooking skills.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I'm still many episodes behind. I've listening to all the Thursday shows and am currently working on the Science/Tech series. Slowly, but surely I'll probably have them done in another month or so.
  • I don't want a direct answer. That would take too much of the fun out of the search. Am I on the right track or am I completely up the wrong tree?
    So close, yet so far.
  • I'm working my way through them. I end up listening to between 6 and 9 at work if I'm not dealing with people. It's something to pay attention to other then work
  • I'm still catching up. Have finished the thursdays... I think. Currently downloading wednesdays. When I find some more space for Juice. That, and I have not yet seen the food episode... Did I miss/skip it accidentally?

And afaik there's only one thing pre-Geeknights. Audioblogging. Unless you mean actual dated Geeknights eps. Though those are easily findable, you only need to know how many there are.

• And afaik there's only one thing pre-Geeknights. Audioblogging. Unless you mean actual dated Geeknights eps. Though those are easily findable, you only need to know how many there are.
    Oh, there are GeekNights beta podcasts out there. I don't think anyone has found them other than FRC peoples.
  • I listened to all of the episodes and a lot of the Thursday episodes twice. I have no life.
  • So out of curiosity do you put those up just because you can or is it just a game to see who finds them?
  • So out of curiosity do you put those up just because you can or is it just a game to see who finds them?
    They were actually beta episodes that we put up just for our friends. Unlike other podcasters, we practiced podcasting before doing it for real. These beta episodes just happen to still be up on teh Internets.
  • I go back and pick and choose potentually interesting episodes (like the masturbation one) but I can't say that I ever intend to listen to every single episode of GeekNights. It's simply too time-intensive.
  • GeekNights: 060102 - Food! Posted in Mondays, Podcasts on January 2nd, 2006
    Monday's the last day I'm gonna catch up on. Though gonna download that ep now.
  • I went through the RSS feeds and picked out ones that appealed to me as some things don't really interest me.
  • I am going to look for the beta episodes, I suggest the dedicated listeners do the same.
  • The number of people who have listened to everything is equal to the number of listeners with mental problems.

Don't hate.
  • I am going to look for the beta episodes, I suggest the dedicated listeners do the same.

Tried to. Looked at a few of the probably places, but due to insufficient data I can't find them. For all we know the beta eps are named something completely unrelated. Like Ubuntu release names. I mean, breezy badger (only one I can think of). Ubuntu ain't no animal. Likewise 'Ferrari' isn't Geeknights episode 051024, but it can be the name. Thus I won't bother searching, though do tell your findings.
  • edited September 2007
    The only reason why I haven't listened to everything is because I'm not into every topic. I did venture into some episodes for white noise but later ended up liking them. The other reason is the hard to find beta Geeknights. Hows 'bout a hint!
    The number of people who have listened to everything is equal to the number of listeners with mental problems.
    Almost there.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Although I'm 13, I don't wanna waste all my free time with GeekNights (sorry, guys).
  • I'm another loser whose heard them all. In the summer i had a really boring student job and just listened to Geeknights episodes constantly everyday for two weeks; I think i got through about ten a day. I feel like I know Scrym better than most of my family.
  • When I found you guys in April, I listened to about 10 a day through-out the summer, until I just finished recently. I also just finished all of Dave and Joel, so I need a new podcast..
  • The number of people who have listened to everything is equal to the number of listeners with mental problems.I think this means you have mental problems, seeing as you have done every (except one or two) episode, and you can't do an episode without listening to yourself and Rym.
  • I've listened to everything except for the betas. I don't think I even listened to music while I was catching up.
  • edited September 2007
    I've said this before. GeekNights is great, but not THAT great.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Damn, people. I started listening in week 3, and I couldn't even bring myself to listen to the handful of previous episodes. Geeknights is far too topical for me to listen to any episode that's more than about a week old.
  • I feel like I know Scrym better than most of my family.
    There's something to be said for this. The internet is a very strange place.
  • I feel like I know Scrym better than most of my family.There's something to be said for this. The internet is a very strange place.
    Friendship is now bound only by intellect and shared interest, as opposed to physical location.  I consider it an improvement. ^_^
  • edited September 2007
    Friendship is now bound only by intellect and shared interest, as opposed to physical location and genetic ties. I consider it an improvement. ^_^
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm not sure I'd even vote for the genetic ties so much any more. I live in the midwest where familial ties are terribly traditional and even here they're starting to matter less and less. You live for yourself and the people you care about which may-or-may-not be the people you grew up with or are related to.
  • I'm not sure I'd even vote for the genetic ties so much any more. I live in the midwest where familial ties are terribly traditional and even here they're starting to matter less and less. You live for yourself and the people you care about which may-or-may-not be the people you grew up with or are related to.
    I agree 100%. I'm so sick of the expectations of feelings of love and compassion towards family just because, well, they're family. It feels so artificial.