This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Art Fight at MAGFest XI

edited January 2013 in GeekNights

Time lapse video of Super Art Fight at MAGFest XI which took place on Saturday, January 5, 2013 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland.

Now all of you listeners who never went to see Super Art Fight like we told you can get a small taste of what it's all about.

Music is "Bare Knuckle Blitz" by WillRock from Overclocked Remix http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02250/

Recorded using a GoPro HD Hero 2

Source Link

Comments

• Thank goodness they didn't cut in the footage of me falling asleep during the event. XD
  • Thank goodness they didn't cut in the footage of me falling asleep during the event. XD
    That camera wasn't pointed at you. It was time lapsing. On the other hand...

• I've passed some details on Super Art Fight on to a friend who does web series development for Blip.tv. Wonder if anything will come of it.
  • I've passed some details on Super Art Fight on to a friend who does web series development for Blip.tv. Wonder if anything will come of it.
    I've always said it should be a (web) TV show. Would really love to see it with some bigger name artists on there. Let's see what Katie Cook, Mike Krahulik, Sergio Aragaones, etc. can do. They are going to the west coast for the first time soon, and they will have Ethan "Axe Cop" Nicolle. That should be pretty sweet.
  • My dream has been to get them a main event opener at PAX. Open for one of the concerts, or for one of the Make-a-strip panels.
  • Hey guys - this is Marty, co-host and behind the scenes producer for Super Art Fight. Firstly, thanks for all the kind words, and again, thanks to GeekNights for putting together the sweet video.

It's funny, a lot of your wish list is the same as ours, but as always - it takes a special type of artist to do what we do, so you never know who will sink and who will swim. Thank you, Matt, for passing word about us on to Blip.TV.

As for PAX - well, we'd LOVE to do it. Let the records show the want is on our side. I'll tease something though - an idea mentioned here is something that WILL be happening this year. Oh, and Rym, Apreche - if you guys ever want to have us on the podcast, we're game.
  • Super Art Fight live at 11 PM EST.
    AXE COP is going to be in two matches you need to get in here.
    That camera wasn't pointed at you. It was time lapsing. On the other hand...

Recently, my buddies have been loving that picture. Mostly for the guy in the white shirt looking on deviously.
  • I wonder if, in Japan, there is a group of people passing this around going "WTF USA?" while at least one of the things that our WTF JAPAN? images comes from plays in the background, ignored.