This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

how was your day?

edited January 2013 in Forum Game
Nothing is worse than a room full of arrogant pricks who know exactly what they're talking about. Fuck you guys.

How was your day?

Comments

• Work then wandered around the mall and Target. Cut my hair. Got Fable II at Gamestop when I paid for Fable III.
  • Got a bit drunk with some friends have work today then a gaming session tonight, so could be better could be worse.
  • My poet ladyfriend asked me to drunk text her while I was out partying, so we exchanged messages until around 2am, finishing off with pictures of our respective beds. Our little tribe had the best costumes at the party; it was a Hollywood theme party, and we were the artists from Midnight In Paris (Dali, Man Ray, the Fitzgeralds, Hemingway).

Today I get to make breakfast with my friends. We're going watch hockey and gamble small bills on it, and then there's a Thrift Shop theme party at 10p at the same house. I just have to put on my pink pants and sit on their couch all day; no homework to do because of syllabus week.

Tomorrow I'm visiting my probable girlfriend, so that's cool. I have zero reason to complain about anything.
  • Last night I played an open mic on campus with some school friends, then hung out with my girlfriend. Also earlier in the day my professor demonstrated prepared guitar techniques and it blew my fucking mind and got me super inspired. Planning on going to the hardware store this weekend so I can get some preparations and start writing some pieces.

Today and tomorrow is LA's 8-bit festival Frequency where a ton of my chiptune bros are going to be playing and hanging out all weekend. It's going to be amazing.
  • Woke up and got some health problems checked out, then had a delicious sandwich and did some work. Gonna head to Boston and buy some music with friends, then go to what should be an interesting birthday party.
  • edited January 2013
    Today in my day.

Random room generation is now functional, as is the beginning of cool outside stuff. But now I need to go slave in the dish mines for 8+ hours. Bleh.

I can't wait/really wish I was able to do this full time.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I spent the day today looking for colleges to transfer to (actually I've spent a few days doing this) because I am close to meeting my requirements to do so. One thing I know is that it will be a college somewhere in southern California. Chapman University is the one I have my sights set on 85% of the time, but I am still on the lookout to find others.
  • I spent the day today looking for colleges to transfer to (actually I've spent a few days doing this) because I am close to meeting my requirements to do so. One thing I know is that it will be a college somewhere in southern California. Chapman University is the one I have my sights set on 85% of the time, but I am still on the lookout to find others.
    What major are you looking at? I happen to live about 4 miles from Chapman and know many graduates from there. If you pick it, I'm so showing you all the great spots to eat around there!

What major are you looking at? I happen to live about 4 miles from Chapman and know many graduates from there. If you pick it, I'm so showing you all the great spots to eat around there!

I'm hoping to attend their film program (I think its called Dodge College). I've heard nothing but good things about it.

• I was up really late last night reading the first book in the Vorkosigan Saga, and woke up to a client calling me about web app stuff. Talked on the phone for about an hour, then made lunch. Dabbled about reading reddit and making tea, and now I'm playing some videogames. Lazy Saturday.
  • Worked on some music stuff, reviewed some programming stuff, went over some interview questions, played some Xcom and Dishonored, and I might get a haircut.

Might go hang out with some people later.

That's about it.
  • Got my stereo system working yesterday. Spent most of today playing Just Cause 2 and listening to shit on vinyl.
  • Last night I was out drinking and then playing Cards Against Humanity with some old friends from high school and their friends. I also managed to meet yet another person who also knows YoshoKatana IRL, which was amusing.

Today I mostly sat in my room and moved files/installed programs onto my new computer. I got Mass Effect 3 running, and it's both smooth and incredibly pretty on the new machine. I'm feeling pretty good about this.
  • Went ice skating for the first time in years (discounting once a few months ago). It was at an outdoor rink, which I've never been to before. I thought the lack of a wall would mess me up (not that good at skating), but I didn't fall over once.

The other people I went with are all pretty good, so they were doing twirls and fancy stops and stuff, so it was nice watching them while just skating around.
  • edited January 2013
    Oh?
    Yeah, a guy named Dan who's an RIT grad/Paperless Post employee. He mentioned that you were trying to get him to go to NerdNYC board game nights.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Oh?
    He mentioned that you were trying to get him to go to NerdNYC board game nights.
    Speaking of which, do any of the forumites or FRC still go to them? I'm asking because I want to make it a regular habit of going whenever they are held in the future.

• edited January 2013
    I try to go to about half of them.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I try to go to about half of them.
    Same.
  • Busy as all hell most of the day, but was able to chat to Omnom, Picked up Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole(because it's essentially Super Meat Boy with stealth and jokes), and Don't Starve (on a good deal from LoC), lodged my enforcer application for PAX AUS, and got a ton of work done on my How to Melbourne and How to Australia guides.

Both relevant, and because nobody else has posted it yet -

• I am the first confirmed artist for Frequency 3.0 in 2014, which is quickly becoming the nation's largest chiptune event now that Blip Fest is no more. So my day was ok i guessss
  • So far bleh. Woke up at 4:30 am. Not tired at all. Throat hurts. No other symptoms of illness. Luckily a Ricola on the night stand. Still couldn't fall back asleep. Don't know if its good or bad that I have today off.
  • Good, good job guys. Well done.
  • My day was fine. I stayed home all day and worked on a bunch of different stuff. I also did the dishes and took out the trash!
  • Day is suspenseful already. Supposed to find out if I'm getting an offer for new job today. Hopefully they actually do decide today and call either way. The fact that I start work at 6:30AM and they start at 10:00AM does not help make the waiting time any shorter.
  • Staying home today. I might've been able to go to school, but Mr G (spec ed teacher and generally awesome guy) said I needed some more time off.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2013
    Tonight, I am attending a special introductory meeting (along with some other people I assume) where I will be introduced to the tenants of transcendental meditation. To not go into too much detail, I am not in a really great place in my life right now and I want to do something about it. I am hoping this might be the key to help me make everything good and positive. I'll talk about it once I get home from it.
    Post edited by Geo on