This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Have you heard the story of Manti Te'o's regrettably deceased girlfriend? Turns out she was only late in the sense of never having existed.
  • Have you heard the story of Manti Te'o's regrettably deceased girlfriend? Turns out she was only late in the sense of never having existed.
    This is one of those things that's too crazy to be true. Some TV drama level insanity going on. Don't care though, because fuck Notre Dame.
  • I'm not a fan of anybody left. I guess I'm rooting for HarBowl. It'll be the grumpiest super bowl ever!
  • I lived in Oregon for two years and was a Niners fan as a kid, so they're my reserve team. Also, I'd root for anybody against the Falcons just to piss off Andrew.
  • I want the no har-bowl. I decided I do t like the 49ers because Kapernick is an insufferable Jesus nut. And New England deserves another one after losing so many.
  • I'm only cheering for the 49ers because they are NFC West. I think the Patriots will still come out on top in the end.

I never really paid attention, but how bad of a Jesus nut is Kapernick? Russell Wilson is a gung-ho Christian dude, but I don't find him to be a nut.
  • Yeah, where's he come in on a scale of 1 - Tebow?
    He's pretty much Tebow - 1.
    If you believe in an invisible sky wizard, is the numerical distinction necessary?
    If you believe in an invisible sky wizard, is the numerical distinction necessary?
    Really I imagine most football players believe in the sky wizard. What makes me dislike a player/team is how they express themselves. When the reporter comes up to a player for a post-game interview and they say "glory to god!" they can go fuck themselves. A respectable player will thank their coaches, teammates, fans, and talk about the hard work they put in.

Really, I like respectable teams. I don't like teams that cheat, showboat, have criminal players, or act low class. Of the remaining teams, the 49ers are the lowest brow, even though I do like their pre-kickoff special teams dance formation.
  • edited January 2013
    When the reporter comes up to a player for a post-game interview and they say "glory to god!" they can go fuck themselves. A respectable player will thank their coaches, teammates, fans, and talk about the hard work they put in.

Really, I like respectable teams. I don't like teams that cheat, showboat, have criminal players, or act low class. Of the remaining teams, the 49ers are the lowest brow, even though I do like their pre-kickoff special teams dance formation.
    I will agree with most of that. I don't mind a team that showboats, as long as they can back it up. Think 2000 vintage Tiger with his fist pumps.

Also, what about the guy that says, "My teammates are such a blessing, blah blah blah..." Russell does that. :/

Not saying the Ravens are lower brow than Niners, but Ray Lewis (ALLEGEDLY) killed a guy.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • The Ravens are definitely the second lowest class.

As for showboating, it all depends on the details. Victor Cruz salsa dance is very respectable. Terrel Owen's old celebrations were obnoxious, but at least clever. Cam Newtons superman shtick is insufferable.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not a fan of anybody left. I guess I'm rooting for HarBowl. It'll be the grumpiest super bowl ever!
    My ideal Super Bowl is Ravens/Packers, but my #2 is a HarBowl (especially because I got to go to the last HarBowl, which also happened to be on my birthday).
    The Ravens are definitely the second lowest class
    You are entitled to your own opinion, so I will say this with all due respect: shove it.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Well, 49ers won. Not the way I wanted it to go, but the Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, and Redskins are all at home, so I don't really care that much who wins.

I can already tell this AFC game is going to be epic. Did you see that shit New England just tried to pull on 4th down with the backup QB? At worst they forced Baltimore to waste a time out, which can matter later.

Also barely interesting. The AFC color is red, but the remaining AFC team colors are blue/purple. The NFC color is blue, but the last two NFC team colors were red.
  • No Gronk. It mattered. Don't really care who wins now. I don't know if I can tolerate this Harbaugh bowl storyline.
  • So how about those Patriots?

• No Gronk. It mattered. Don't really care who wins now. I don't know if I can tolerate this Harbaugh bowl storyline.
    Sup-Harbaugh LXVII?

• Harbowl LXVII, looks like to be the one where I want no team to win.
  • So did John Harbaugh beat the Seahawks then?
  • So did John Harbaugh beat the Seahawks then?
    Seahawsk are rivals with 49ers, so they aren't going to vote for Jim.
  • But if you are beaten by a team, you always want to say they will win the tournament, so then you can still say you could have beaten every team but that team, and hence can claim to be the second best team. Getting knocked out by someone who goes out in the next round is one thing, getting beaten by the one who goes through to win the whole tournament doesn't feel so bad.
  • The FRCF is reporting that with 516 votes at the electoral college, Jim Harbaugh will be the next President of the NFL.

I'm sorry, I got distracted by the red/blue color scheme, what was this about?
  • But if you are beaten by a team, you always want to say they will win the tournament, so then you can still say you could have beaten every team but that team, and hence can claim to be the second best team. Getting knocked out by someone who goes out in the next round is one thing, getting beaten by the one who goes through to win the whole tournament doesn't feel so bad.
    That would make sense, except it doesn't. Once your team loses, it's over. You can't win. It sucks, but you just accept it. Now the most important thing is for the team you hate to lose. If your hated rival wins, that means you have to listen to their bullshit for the next year at least. Steelers fans are rooting hard against the Ravens. They do not want to have to play them twice next year while they flash their rings all over the place.
  • I guess I'm not used to being a sports person or a sports fan with hated teams or rivals.
  • edited January 2013
    Yes, Scott is right. You want to show that the rival who beat you only did so because of some fluke condition. Your team really should have won, of course they are the best. Once your rival was exposed, they went down in flames. If you were there, you would have easily won the championship.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited January 2013
    But if you are beaten by a team, you always want to say they will win the tournament, so then you can still say you could have beaten every team but that team, and hence can claim to be the second best team. Getting knocked out by someone who goes out in the next round is one thing, getting beaten by the one who goes through to win the whole tournament doesn't feel so bad.

This is why Green Bay is best team.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Yeah, most of my fellow Seahawk #12's do not like the 49ers. I'm rooting for them. I'm just anti-East Coast. :P