This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

Comments

• Loading up now.
  • I'll be on in about an hour + half. Leaving work in just a bit here. Hope I can catch you guys on.
  • That was really good fun tonight. Apsup kicked my ass, as normal, but me and Ampersand stuck around and did a lot of damage. I think the last match was my favourite, as our team was in a clear lead and then took 6 attempts as counter terrorists to get the last win. In the end I went hunting by myself. I could have knifed the last guy, but decided to play it safe.
  • Was a good set of games, totally lost my mojo at the end but Luke was on fire for the last couple. I swear that the last team was made up of kestrels or some shit, they could see my noggin from half way across the world.
  • To be honest, tonight was the first time I ever bothered with buying weapons or gear myself, rather than relying on auto buy.

Which meant it was my first time ever trying out the desert eagle. Which is now my new favourite thing in the world! Why didn't I try reading the instructions sooner?

Fun times ahead.
  • To be honest, tonight was the first time I ever bothered with buying weapons or gear myself, rather than relying on auto buy.

Which meant it was my first time ever trying out the desert eagle. Which is now my new favourite thing in the world! Why didn't I try reading the instructions sooner?

Fun times ahead.
    Desert Eagle has always been powerful, but they buffed it in this weeks patch, so now it's deadlier than ever.

• It pretty much became my weapon of choice on the last map I played, Aztec. I bought it in the first round, killed the other guys to keep it for the second. Then I bought kevlar and helmet, and as the other guys lost, they didn't have money to buy good guns, so the desert eagle was still deadly. Then I bought a sniper rifle, but only switched to it to pick of enemies in the distance, the rest of the time sticking with the desert eagle. I wouldn't try that on other maps, but it was a winning tactic that time round.

It's probably pretty basic stuff, but I presumed my skill level wasn't high enough to where worrying about which guns to use would make a difference. Turns out I'm waaaay better with proper equipment. Or at least noticeably better.
  • I was all over the shop in terms of buying. I kept on going for the kevlar vest at the start when it didn't protect the head. Next time going for the Desert Egale in the first then going kevlar, then assault rifle. When I did pick up any of the support weapons I found them really inaccurate. I would imagen it could be good for a large battle where you could suppress routes but for the smaller fights it was to much of a spray and pray.
  • I like getting the dual elites in the pistol round with no armor or helmet. Hang back and get kills, try not to die. High risk, high reward. If you survive the round, and get some cash from kills/winning, you'll kick ass in round 2 and still have the elites as a side arm until you die.
  • I really need to learn to hang back more instead of rushing in. Also I know it sounds dumb but the times we moved as a group covering each other and going for one site we were much more effective.

Im also learning some of the choke points in the game that can hold up a rush, and not to say about stiff fights up the bottom.
  • Yep rushing isn't always the best idea.

• edited January 2013
    I like getting the dual elites in the pistol round with no armor or helmet.
    When I'm T, I usually get armor, to live longer while somebody set up us the bomb. When I'm CT, I usually get gun to kill the T's fast, because time is of the essence.

Note that is for demolition only, hostage it's the other way around.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • I like getting the dual elites in the pistol round with no armor or helmet.
    When I'm T, I usually get armor, to live longer while somebody set up us the bomb. When I'm CT, I usually get gun to kill the T's fast, because time is of the essence.

Note that is for demolition only, hostage it's the other way around.
    That is some good thinking I never thought.
  • My go to strategy on pistol rounds is still P250 and flashbang. It gives decent gun and all around good support item from flash.
  • P250 or glock and nade is my choice usually. Tazer if I'm feeling adventurous.
  • I've never tried the tazer. Is it fun?
  • If we can get a server full of forumites we should do tazer only rounds.
  • Unless my config changed, the "Zeus" isn't available on the server. Zeus is banned in competitive play, so I usually don't enable it.
  • What is the maximum number of players on the server? It defaults to 5 each team for bot populating, but is there a hard limit?
  • What is the maximum number of players on the server? It defaults to 5 each team for bot populating, but is there a hard limit?
    I think the hard limit is 64 players, but I can't say I've ever seen a 64 player server around. It would be chaotic, if it was full. Most servers seem to set limits between 16 and 24.
  • edited January 2013
    I've never tried the tazer. Is it fun?
    Fun on pubs. Useless when playing against competitive players.
    Unless my config changed, the "Zeus" isn't available on the server. Zeus is banned in competitive play, so I usually don't enable it.
    Yep not enabled. I was on a pub that had it enabled for the pistol round.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Unless my config changed, the "Zeus" isn't available on the server. Zeus is banned in competitive play, so I usually don't enable it.
    Why's it banned? It would be one thing if nobody used it, but banned? If you're close enough to knife someone they kinda get what they deserve.
  • I've seen it abused in some cases due to it's 1 hit kill. Whole team camped with zeus.
  • Nade 'em out. They only get one shot.
  • I'm going to have to try it.
  • Tonight/this evening?
  • I am going to play some CS tonight. I'll try to tweet/post before I do. So, say, 3-4 hours from now!
  • I'll be on over the next hour or so, but Rym's time will be too late for me.
  • Let's rock!

... hmmm...
  • edited February 2013
    It seems that I'm unable to join you. Seems like I'm banned from the server. Not sure if Rym hates me, or if it's some random error from somewhere, but I'm currently unable to join the Geeknights server.
    Post edited by Apsup on